No announcement yet.

An Uncommon Stance: 2005 Hyundai Elantra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i finally got some wheels for shelly (my cars name). i need center caps, hubcentric rings, extended lug bolts, spacers, and wheel locks, but the only thing i have cash for is the locks, because to do the rest i also need to roll the rear fenders.

Sportmax 002

3/4 Sportmax 002 shot

1996 Cadillac Deville Build Thread

Lancer Build Thread

Elantra Build Thread [car is no more ]

Comment

Photoshoot with XXR/Sportmax 002

woot. so i took some pictures with the new wheels. enjoy.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled'

Untitled

Untitled

stereotypical car wash photos

Untitled

Untitled

they definitely need some work, but whatever they look good for now. better than rolling on steelies.

Untitled

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

so i posted a thread about getting my car lower. you can find that here http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ewpost&t=35490

and i figured i would let anyone know thats still following this thread know. probably wont be any updates for a bit...other than i got wheel locks for the XXRs, and smiley face dude valve stem covers, to go with my cigarette lighter. ( i dont smoke, i wanted something to put in the hole...and some of my friends smoke, so it works) i might be working on getting LEDs for my tails, as during the day its hard to see the lights since theyre murdered out all black and stuff.

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

o:

Spacers first then the lows.

Matrixloader is on megan coilovers and he can go pretty low, look into their stuff.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

haha i need a fender roll in the back first. i literally have like credit card clearance between the fender lip and tire. and i shred my passenger front tire when i hit bumps. little triangle pieces come off. lol. i want to go another 1.5" lower, my lip will sit .5" off the ground *maniacal laugh*

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

well for anyone that still follows this thread, i ordered a new tire from NLmotoring to replace the one that i have in my passenger rear that is bald and showing the tire wear things. i sliced my finger on them metal threads putting the damn wheel on when i bought them. that was a fun discovery. anyways, they are Achilles ATR Sport 195/45-16 Tires and ill get Pepboys to install them if i cant find a cheaper place. they dont need to be stretched as the recommended wheel size is 6.0-7.5. i wish i had the money to buy all 4 165/45/16s that i want to stretch, but im broke so no stretch for me.

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

Look around for local tire shops (maybe even a hood shop)! Around my area pep boys and those places wanted 20 per tire and I ended up getting all 4 mounted and balanced for 35.
                The only thing lower than my standards is my truck.

Build thread!!!

Comment

yeah they wanted like 38 something to get the tire mounted. the wheels already been balanced though, so it shouldn't need a rebalance right?

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjblajda View Post
                    yeah they wanted like 38 something to get the tire mounted. the wheels already been balanced though, so it shouldn't need a rebalance right?
                    Every time you mount a tire it needs to be balanced, you're not balancing the wheel per say, but balancing the wheel and tire as one since tires often have a heavier and lighter spot. Not to mention if the wheel has a bend then it needs to be balanced for that too.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

cool thanks well i think they probably put that into that $30 quote then. cool. i just have to wait for my tire to come in....

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

Dont get 16s or 17s. You will rub like a bitch no matter how much you roll and pull fenders. I was as low as you were with my stocks got the 16x7 et 25 work cr-kai. They rubbed very bad and had to raise tge car and adjust a lot. Sold those and got 15x8 et 15 xxr 531. They look great, fit amazingly and i can go as low as i wanted. Which i had to cut my tow hooks and front is literally a inch off the ground. Its all on how low you want to go though.

Comment

yeah i like how the 16s look, but to really get the fitment i want ill need 165/45s stretched on there. the next plan is working the fitment as it currently is. i will never put 17s on her lol i gotta cross post my update from elantraXD

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan_M View Post
                            Dont get 16s or 17s. You will rub like a bitch no matter how much you roll and pull fenders. I was as low as you were with my stocks got the 16x7 et 25 work cr-kai. They rubbed very bad and had to raise tge car and adjust a lot. Sold those and got 15x8 et 15 xxr 531. They look great, fit amazingly and i can go as low as i wanted. Which i had to cut my tow hooks and front is literally a inch off the ground. Its all on how low you want to go though.
                            Pics or didn't happen...

I have 17x7's with a high ish 30 something offset and only the fronts rub, but that can be easily fixed by getting the fenders rolled. The back with -2 degrees of camber will not rub even with the coils turned all of the way down for me.

Dylan, I have seen your posts about how good your elantra is, but I have yet to see a picture.

I don't mean this to offend you, but you really need pics before I believe your car looks like how you say it is.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Imo this car would look sick vip, but i like those wheels alot man, keep it up!
                              good to see something new for a change, old bimmers and 240's just get old after awhile lol
                              Blood,Sweat,and Gears

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Moak View Post
                                Imo this car would look sick vip, but i like those wheels alot man, keep it up!
                                good to see something new for a change, old bimmers and 240's just get old after awhile lol
                                thanks dude. my next plans are as follows.

REAR SETUP:

rear fender roll, extended lug bolts, camber kit and the 25mm spacers, but thats because i dont know if they make 12mm spacers. im not sure of the camber but ill probably max out the camber kit, unless i can find one that gets more than 1.75 degrees of adjustment.

FRONT SETUP:

i dont think ill need to roll the fronts as the lips are pretty much non-existent. but i want 10mm spacers, and a camber of like 2-3 degrees to fit those 195/45s properly

OTHER THINGS:

i found a garage where i can get a trunk lid for cheap, so i can SHAVE ALL THE EMBLEMS!!
                                Last edited by ryanjblajda; 09-13-2012, 11:56 PM.

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X