No announcement yet.

An Uncommon Stance: 2005 Hyundai Elantra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very nice fitment on it. Looks really good.
    Centers next?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• yeah hopefully. there are some in Palm Bay.

1996 Cadillac Deville Build Thread

Lancer Build Thread

Elantra Build Thread [car is no more ]

Comment

• I love the car, but it really needs something wide to set it off.
        2002 Fort Knox Gold Ford Focus.
        LoFurbish. www.lofurbish.com
        Build Thread
        My Flickr

Comment

• yes, its photoshopped. i dont have center caps yet. and i did a custom HDR with 3 different photos.

i plan on getting spacers for these wheels after i get center caps, then ill save up for some of the wheels that i listed earlier.

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

• Since this is a build thread, i should probably post how i built the lip. If you didnt already guess from reading this thread, aftermarket parts for my car are hard to find, but parts for other KDM cars, and other cars in general usually work with some modifications.

In light of this, i decided to see if other lips would work on our cars. The Home Depot Special looked nice, and was the aggressive lip style i was going for, but it was from Home Depot... so i wanted something durable, better looking, and that wasnt from a Home Improvement store. I was looking around, and discovered an 04-06 STI has a very similar bumper shape to the 2005 Elantra; wherein the sides are lower and there is a recessed piece that goes up in the center. I purchased an 04-05 STI V-Limited Polyurethane lip, and decided i would retrofit it to my car.

I wrote this as a DIY on HyundaiMotorClub.com, and i dont feel like retyping it, so read it as if you were going to do it.

Fig. X - the lip from above

Test fit your lip. It helps to have a friend to hold one side, that way you can look to see where you need to cut, and mark it off.

Cut off the plastic nubs made for the 04-05 STI. you wont need them, as they are raised up and will make the lip sit incorrectly. I used a straight edge razorblade inside a box cutter, which worked but i wouldnt advise it. I would use a dremel with a cutting wheel, or an exacto knife. I would use the razor to shave down the sides for a smooth edge.

Fig. 1A - one of the nubs (thats what i call them, there is probably a better term) you will need to remove

Fig. 2A - always have a friend supervise you when using sharp objects.

Fig. 3A - now its there

Fig. 4A - now it isnt.

You now need to continue cutting off the rest of the nubs, and making sure the mounting surface is smooth.

the rest of the knobs cut off in the pictures below.

You will need to cut the center raised part, as it is too TALL and too LONG. about 1/2 inch needs to be removed from the top, and 1 inch from each side.

I marked the inside with a scratch from the razorblade, but this can be done with tape, chalk or whatever you want to.

Fig. 1A

Fig. 2E

Fig. 2F

You will need to cut the sides off right before the last big mounting tab. the lip is too long. this can be done with a dremel. If you want you can get some plastic stock, and weld in some new end peices, but i think it looks great just the way i left it.

Now you need to attach the lip to the car with the provided screws, and make sure it is centered. I left the ends a little long so they poke out about 1/8" past the bumper, but you can cut it however you like.

FINISHED PRODUCT

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5K5V_rlPxI"]LEDs in all the things - YouTube[/ame]

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

• Finally got my center caps on. But i still need them powdercoated. My final list of things im going to do, (lol like my 8th revision)

1. 4300K HIDs
                2. Powdercoat Center Caps
                3. 4300K Fog Light HIDs
                4. New Kenwood Headunit
                5. New Springs or Coilovers to go lower....depends on whether i can find springs that will fit, and if i can get my pillowball mounts off.
                6. 9mm (front) 12mm (rear) Spacers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

then im going to be saving up money for a drift Miata, and Audio Gear.

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

• unfortunately my center caps got stolen last month so $230 down the drain.

some stuff thats happened since i last updated this.

got a new tattoo

my girlfriend of 3 years came down to visit me in Florida on her spring break.

i drove 1,000 miles to West Virginia to spend my spring break with her.

road trip status.

lowered problems.

then the day after i drove another 1,000 miles in one day back to Florida i went to the UTI meet.

got some little minions to clean my car for free.

rode in and got KDM up in there.

then, i did this -

wannabe VIP fusa knot. which i actually dig, it looks really cool.

i actually fixed it since then, and now it looks better, the loops arent as big and floppy.

one of the pictures i just posted in my Showroom thread, but its a better example.

and i did this -

gratuitous cat picture

nice and sorta flush

spacers of dooom. my front passenger wheel almost wobbled off, so i took those off. still trying to sell them since i lost the container so i cant return them.... =(

then this -

made some money selling 1 of my subwoofers

having a dual sub enlosure gives me NO trunk space, and soundwise really isnt worth it, as i only gain 3dB by having 2 over 1, so i sold one, still trying to get rid of the enclosure and capacitor. i bought the materials to put a new single sub enclosure together, i just have to wait for my friend to have the garage at his work open so we can cut the MDF.

then i did this -

so once i find someone that can mill this for me, ill have a badass shift knob. i want it made out of a cherry with a dark grey stain, to match the rest of my interior.

oh and i went to v2lab and hung out with some badass people there, and finally got my broke lifestyle sticker after waiting for like 3 months.

Last edited by ryanjblajda; 04-20-2013, 09:34 AM.

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

• Who knew you could mod an Elantra? My mom had a 06 that I kept the maintenance up on for years. Really is a bullet proof daily beater as long as you take care of it. Nice to see it can look good too ^_^.

Comment

• thanks! im actually going lower with some new springs and getting a skid plate soon.

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

• I can't believe you'd put those spacers on your car! Get some real shit please! Not trying to rag on you, just making sure you don't die. I know you took them off already but damn.
                        instagram : demrimz
                        StatesideWheel

Comment

• shame to hear about the center caps. Still looks good dude

Comment

• lol yeah i have a lead on some bolt-ons.

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

• o: Bolt ons you say?

I vote do something similar to Kingston. He was a member on here and on EXD. He had the best engine bay imo.

Post your build threads here! Keep us updated on what you're doing in your garage.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                              @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• lol i meant bolt on spacers.

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X