No announcement yet.

My EBP Turbo Galant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the car running this weekend. Sprung a fuel leak on both ends of the return, replaced the clamps and it stopped the leak. But for good measure going to buy some fuel hose and replace it just for peace of mind.

I pretty much got the engine bay buttoned up. I only have a few more things to do.

Run the catch can hoses and permanently mount the catch can
    Purchase and install the ETS LP2 LICP
    Re-paint the valve cover
    Do the timing belt, BS belt, water pump service
    Re-title and register the car
    Wire the reverse lights, anyone got the pigtail for the switch laying around?

I'm getting close. I'm confident I'm on time for my tune on the 30th.

To leave you with, two pictures.

I have no problem taking pictures of the engine bay anymore

As she sits

Peep the build!

Comment

This car is so damn beautiful. Keep it going mate!

Comment

Small update. Shaved valve cover, tucked throttle cable, new valve cover and ignition coil bolts. Better pictures once the car is fully wrapped up.

Still want to grab the MAPerfromance exhaust manifold heatshield to finish the engine clean up.

Interior buttoned up, need to find the center vents.

Peep the build!

Comment

Not bad. I like these cars, quite a bit. Having seen BJ's in person on several occasions [dude's a BAMF] I can really appreciate the underdog nature of the Galant.

Please get a front-mount that fits and get the fog lights back on. That would really tie the front together in my opinion.
          - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

Dammit Jigz! Stop making miss my Galant so much! Great to see so much progress done with that car.

Comment

Got the car re-tuned on the street after a few new updates. Dyno on the 18th. Needs to be a little leaner I feel. 10.4-10.6 AFR at WOT.

Here's a medium length video of my wife and i driving it around town.

And some pics with my daily today.

Peep the build!

Comment

Finally got the stupid exhaust fixed. Chopped the can off and welded on a 2.5" to 4" tip making the exhaust a 2.5" straight TBE. no resonators, no mufflers, no cats, no bullshit.

Love the sound it makes when it starts up.

Excuse the iphone quality videos. Was too lazy to mount and upload gopro footage.

Cold start

Free rev to 3.5k once it was warmed up

Cruising with my buddys 240. Tries to do a flyby at about 11psi at half throttle but thee wind kinda ruined it. Doesnt do it justice, my buddy too it off of his iphone5 then sent it to my iphone4. The sound is a little distorted. Going to take a flyby video with the go pro once the rain goes away.

Peep the build!

Comment

some recent pics as well.

I'm finally proud to show the engine bay off!

Peep the build!

Comment

Wow man the car looks fantastic, I have been molling over the idea of getting this gen of galants just because I always thought they would look great stanced. Ive was and still am into DSM's, though I cam currently without one, I am working on a black-carbon-ralli art designed valve cover for the 63 engines, but Im sure it could carry over to a 64 cover. Ill post some pics when done, keep up the good work your car is mint.
                    cheap/junk/fads/build
                    HVLP
                    4 LIFE

Comment

Great car! A galant is a very underestimated car i think. They also have a great ride. I usually dont like those type of rims on anything, but you really pulled it off. How much has the car cost you?

I know a guy with a sick galant, black on black. Looks like a stealth fighter or something like that :P. Will try to snap a couple of pictures, you will like it.

Keep on doing what you are doing, because you are definetly doing it right!

Comment

A sheet metal or billet overflow tank and a non spray painted fuse cover would really do that bay justice. It's obvious you've put a ton of effort into it but those two things were still the first to catch my eye.

Comment

Awesome man, Ive always liked these Galants, they have such an aggressive front end. Nice work!

Comment

wait till you guys see what he's been up to lol!

Comment

Its been a while folks. In the past year, I've managed to destroy the car, contemplated crushing it, let it sit, to back to life.

Its been a long road, it went from just getting her back up and running with a simple setup to a full blown 20k build. Two turbos and a mishap on the dyno brings us here. Im not going to go through everything ive done the past year but I am just going to post a picture of her on her deathbed, and pictures of her new personality.

Right after I ran into a pole at a local autox. Long story short, I kept getting lost on the track, got frustrated, hammered down, and understeered into the light pole on turn 3.

This was her today.

2.4L 4g64
                              Hyundai Sonata G4JS cylinder head
                              Wiseco 9:1 pistons
                              Manley H-beam connecting rods
                              ACL bearings
                              ARP main studs
                              ARP head studs
                              HKS 280/280
                              EVO 8 valves and retainers
                              Kelford Valvesprings
                              Fidanza Cam Gears
                              PTE 5858
                              EIIIUSA FMIC
                              ETS UICP
                              SosickFab LICP
                              SosickFab 3" exhaust
                              Modified Blackworks B-series downpipe
                              TiAL Q BOV
                              TiAL 38mm MVR wastegate
                              RC 1000cc injectors
                              eBay tubular DSM exhaust manifold
                              Blackworks half radiator
                              Garbage can 12" Slim fan
                              Walbro 450LPH fuel pump
                              Aeromotive AFPR
                              Ported EVO8 intake manifold and throttle body
                              -6 fuel feed line
                              -6 return
                              Boostin Performance Balance Shaft eliminator
                              Cometic headgasket
                              Quaiffe LSD
                              Competition Stage 4 six-puck clutch
                              17x9 +25 Rota Grid IKR

The head is still pretty stock besides the cams and springs. No port/polish yet or anything like that. Thats something I will probably switch to an EVO8 head for.

More pictures.

Peep the build!

Comment

Congrats man! Beautiful turbo build. I bet it feels nice to be back in the car you fell in love with.

Comment

Working...
                                X