project life support ( pony content )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back!

I can only imagine the ****** when they think about how you "ruined" a classic. That IRS rear end is sure to shut them up. Looks fantastic, and those cobra wheels look awesome on a classic stang.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
      Welcome back!

I can only imagine the ****** when they think about how you "ruined" a classic. That IRS rear end is sure to shut them up. Looks fantastic, and those cobra wheels look awesome on a classic stang.
      Thanks!! Glad to be back lol, yea it's gonna piss off a lot of people both young and old but at the end of the day I saved the car from the crusher and ill do whatever to it that makes me happy . I'll have more updates soon, should start cutting the floor this weekend for the subframe connectors!!

Comment

Love this, can't wait to see more!
        4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Too sick. What exactly is the IRS from? A Thunderbird or something similar I'll assume?

Comment

Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
            Love this, can't wait to see more!

Originally posted by M0HNKE View Post
            Too sick. What exactly is the IRS from? A Thunderbird or something similar I'll assume?
            The thunderbird and lincoln mark 8 have the same rear end but the Lincoln having aluminum lower control arms, aluminum 8.8 center section (same housing as the cobra) , and disc brakes instead of drums. I think it weighs 80lbs less off the top of my head.
            i started with a mark 8 irs and narrowed the subframe 4" to match the width of the stock axle, bought shorter axles, and red rilles the rear hub to 5x4.5(5x114.3) since they come with 5x4.25.

Comment

Haha awesome to see another 67 mustang here, looks already really nice cant wait to see the result!

My Builds
              1967 Mustang
              Miata

Instagram: crisseh95

Comment

Hey guys I'm back again, been out of work for 3 months due to a broken ankle so 90% of the progress was done in a cast by myself.

Of course chopped the floor further to get the irs to fit

Did some measuring and cut some 2x3x .120

Every bend got this treatment

A quick test fit, was a pain in the ass getting the frame under there by urself lol

Ride height

Then more cutting

Built the back half of the frame

Sitting on the subframe that's waiting to have the mounts cut off

Ears cut off and sitting in place

Plenty of room for my fuel cell

Someone patched the passenger floor pan right up against the inner rocker as the patch and the rest of the drivers side floor was rusted out so cut it all out leaving me with this welded blob on the side.

Ground it all smooth

Threw on some primer

More rust under the pedals

Oh and a random weld

Finally got my foot back and walking so more updates very soon!!!

Comment

This is very cool, keep the updates coming.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

great progress

Comment

• You're my hero. This is amazing. Coming from a classic Mustang owner: keep up the awesome work.

It's a work in progress^
                      Instagram: @jared_hin

The Snaab: Saab 9-5 Build Thread
                      Battle Stanced '67 Mercury Cougar

Comment

• Well removed what's left of the drivers side floor pan, ground down all the spot welds on the sill and primed it.

Cut off the bottom of the factory torque box since I'm building a stronger one and found some spider webs lol

Test fit of the 2x3 I'm running across the sill to reinforce them and increase the chassis torrional rigity.

Now to make the passenger side look like the drivers side, drilled out all the spot welds on the seat pan.

At some point someone replaces the passenger side floor pan by welding it on top of the old one on the inside . So I had to cut the welds and bend it back.

They didn't even remove all the rust from underneath it.

There's the spot welds I was looking for.

Now the other half of the floor pan towards the sill.

I cut the welds and got the seat pan free.

Pan removed.

Started cutting the floor out and then my grinder started started cutting in and out. I pulled out the old brushes and compared then to the new ones, I think that might be a problem lol.

Floor hanging on by a thread.

Here's the front of the floor pan welded on top of the old one.

Here's what the sill is supposed to look like after drilling the spot welds and removing the floor.

Here's what I have to deal with from the patched floor. The panel is fully welded to the sill unlike the rest that was tacked everywhere else wtf.

The mess I created!!

After wire wheeling the sealant off it.

Started grinding it down to remove it, I didn't get a pic after but you get the point.

Hard to tell but this is the bottom of the sill right under where the patch panel was fully welded on, those two pieces of metal are supposed to be spot welded together but somehow he managed to split them?

So I drilled some holes and re spot welded it together.

The bottom of the sill isn't perfectly strait so I straightened it out with a hammer and dolly. Before

After, the sill is now straight all the way across now.

Started cleaning up the passenger sill.

Cleaned it up with a fine flap wheel.

Then primed the sill!!

Now at this point I'm starving so time for a sandwich.

She wanted some company.

Then I started fully welding my frame. So here's a few weld pics!!!!

Updates as they happen!!!

Comment

• Got my second set of rails in and mocked up

You can see the frame gussets tacked in place

Got the crossmember in place and the irs bolted up

looks like I need to build new shock mounts but no biggie
                          More updates soon!!!!!
                          Last edited by smokenyall; 10-19-2014, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Wow, just read your thread...Your build has come such a long way.I never expected this when i opened the thread.. Keep up the amazing work!
                            95 ucf20. static, flatbelly, 18x11 18x12.5 lots of camber.

be my internet friend on the gram @thisisdalton

Comment

• Dang this will be (already is) awesome! SubSubSubcribed!
                              Lucas
                              Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                              Originally posted by LCG
                              High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• This thing is amazing, I can't wait to see this thing doing some skids. In for more grilled cheese content as well.
                                '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
                                '85 GMC S15 Sierra long bed.
                                '01 BMW 740iL
                                Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

Working...
                                X