No announcement yet.

project life support ( pony content )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to post these a few days ago but I had to tweak around the "deck filler" panel to get the chrome trim around the window to fit properly. Had to put the floor jack under the pannager side to push it up(this was before welding in the panel) and yes this is the 2nd panel iv put in, first one got welded in crooked because of this reason.

Holes ready to be spot welded

All welded up

Last edited by smokenyall; 06-26-2013, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Looks good.

What seam sealer are you using?
      I Have No Idea What I'm Doing

Comment

Originally posted by wickedsnake00 View Post
        Looks good.

What seam sealer are you using?
        It's a loctite polyurethane adhesive, it's a sealant and an adhesive, I saw it on muscle car!!

Put together the other coilover, brand new in its package

Out of the package lol

And assembled and pre-loaded

Comment

Built my custom brackets to mount the rear calipers up and move the caliper in .2in since the offset of the rotor is different .
          Turned this

Into this

This was the prototype bracket

This was the second one before cutting

There 3/16 thick

Didn't get any pics of the process of welding the spacer on and the nut it threads into

Then I had to Clarence the caliper bracket for rotor Clarence

I also put in a high torque starter (the smaller one)

And I also have one question , since the stang is auto (for now) is my hydraulic handbrake going to be hard on my tranny? Or I'm going to be sliding in second and grab the hydro and its going to try to go in first and over rev my motor?

Comment

decided I wanted more lock so I got to modifying
            stock

cut lock stops and trimmed the lca's

then I trimmed the lca more, now its barely over centered.

top view, stock

modded but before trimming the lca and going over center

Comment

forgot to throw this in there

Comment

Originally posted by smokenyall View Post
                And I also have one question , since the stang is auto (for now) is my hydraulic handbrake going to be hard on my tranny? Or I'm going to be sliding in second and grab the hydro and its going to try to go in first and over rev my motor?
                It shouldn't hurt anything, but it's going to greatly affect how well your hydro brake works. Generally, you always want to press the clutch when using the handbrake. Otherwise, the handbrake not only has to lock up the rear wheels, but has the engine working against it. In your case, the engine will always be working against the handbrake and I could see how it could trick the trans into a shift.

I haven't read through your thread (I'll do that now), but you're probably wasting your time trying to drift this with an auto. You can't initiate with a clutch kick and your handbrake will be somewhere between inconsistent and completely ineffective. Without a consistent way to initiate, I see a lot of understeering off track in your future with this heavy chassis and torquey engine. If you do manage to slide it, you'll probably be developing some bad habits in doing so. I'd just pony up (pun intended) and get a T5 behind the 289.
                025garage

Comment

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
                  It shouldn't hurt anything, but it's going to greatly affect how well your hydro brake works. Generally, you always want to press the clutch when using the handbrake. Otherwise, the handbrake not only has to lock up the rear wheels, but has the engine working against it. In your case, the engine will always be working against the handbrake and I could see how it could trick the trans into a shift.

I haven't read through your thread (I'll do that now), but you're probably wasting your time trying to drift this with an auto. You can't initiate with a clutch kick and your handbrake will be somewhere between inconsistent and completely ineffective. Without a consistent way to initiate, I see a lot of understeering off track in your future with this heavy chassis and torquey engine. If you do manage to slide it, you'll probably be developing some bad habits in doing so. I'd just pony up (pun intended) and get a T5 behind the 289.
                  I only plan on using the hydro if I have too ( bad situation) I normally snap the wheel while braking to cause the ass to become light. A t5 or t56 is in its future but once I finish all the main suspension and chassis work, then tranny and motor work!!

Comment

Originally posted by smokenyall View Post
                    I only plan on using the hydro if I have too ( bad situation) I normally snap the wheel while braking to cause the ass to become light. A t5 or t56 is in its future but once I finish all the main suspension and chassis work, then tranny and motor work!!
                    I'm not sure how much drift experience you have, but braking drift is an advanced and seldom used technique. You're gonna have a bad time if that's the only way you can initiate. I sure wouldn't try a braking drift on the street, as anything but perfect is going to cause understeer. I just read the thread, and you're doing some pretty awesome work on this car. Mustangs are already difficult cars to drift and the trans is going to hold it back for anything other than cruising on the street. T56 are pretty expensive, but T5s are cheap, plentiful and will handle your power levels.
                    025garage

Comment

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
                      I'm not sure how much drift experience you have, but braking drift is an advanced and seldom used technique. You're gonna have a bad time if that's the only way you can initiate. I sure wouldn't try a braking drift on the street, as anything but perfect is going to cause understeer. I just read the thread, and you're doing some pretty awesome work on this car. Mustangs are already difficult cars to drift and the trans is going to hold it back for anything other than cruising on the street. T56 are pretty expensive, but T5s are cheap, plentiful and will handle your power levels.
                      When I used to slide on the street I would just get on it mid way thru a corner to get it to pitch and then link it into the next corner with a switch back or two depending on how far apart the corners are, normally slid at warehouses so you could just continue the drift everywhere. it really depends on how much I have saved up by the time she's ready for a tranny. And thanks man I try!! After I get the steering setup complete it will be on the chopping the frame out for that IRS to become comfy in its new home!!
                      Last edited by smokenyall; 07-17-2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Got the front spacers in finally, need to add some camber and drop the front a little when I get my coilovers.

And got the over centering problem fixed

Comment

Got board so I test fitted the rears

Then jacked up one corer of the axle to push the wheel up and add some fake camber

More progress pics soon, got almost all the crap cut out the rear

Comment

Im so glad this is still happening!
                            Originally posted by JC.
                            'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

For those of you who thought I might have died, I'm still alive and kicking, just been dealing with life and moving. I now have my own garage and been working on the car heavily. Before I give up too much details ill just leave you with a few shitty pics from a few days ago.

Test fit with rear end mocked up into place and centered with wheel and spacer mounted
                              Here's a different pic of testin the subframe in place, this was before cutting the rest of the rear frame off which was done before the wheel test it was done.

Rolled the rear quarters paper thin, i cut the lip down to half the original size and used a heat gun with a hammer and a block of wood to support the front, I've never gotten fenders so paper thin before, probably because there's no rear end or fender wells in the way lol
                              Last edited by smokenyall; 02-25-2014, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Took some pics since I got off work before dark.

Cut off frame rails

IRS sitting in place

Nice flat geometry at this height

Pic from the rear

Wheel still needs to come forward but the subframe is hitting what's left of the floor,

And a couple fitment shits just cuz I love the way they fit

Comment

Working...
                                X