Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Children: Ol Dirty Bastard gets a build thread (e24 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NinoHale View Post
    I had no clue you moved out west lol. I remember seeing your car at Big Daddy's during SoWo with a giant filled garbage bag on the passenger seat

It makes a lot more sense with all the traveling you did... assuming that was your suitcase?
    No, my suitcase was in my cabin. The garbage bag was actually one of the front tires that had to replace on the drive, lol.
    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
    2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Small update, no pics unfortunately.

The M106 will hopefully be picked up tomorrow and dropped off at BimmerHeads, if the seller is able to meet me and if Matt from Bimmerheads is un-hungover enough to get the motor into his shop.

Bought a late model chrome rear bumper off a guy in Oregon, and he was nice enough to chop off the rear sheet metal from his car so I can weld that in. Which means ODB may actually have a full euro conversion soon. Which also means he may actually get dents removed and a new paint job.

Oh and I'm buying a set of manual Recaros. Already have a deposit down on them.
      Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Pics, we need Pics!

Comment

• going to sharkfest this year, or sowo again?
          sigpic

Pronounced Eve-odd Rich-E

Comment

• Neither. ODB will more than likely not be leaving California at all this year. SoWo was ruined for me last year, I honestly had more fun driving there and back by myself than I did while I was there. I'm moving again in a few weeks too, so all available funds are being funneled to that.
            Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• SoWo was pretty out of hand last year. really wish kids could have some respect.
              sigpic

Pronounced Eve-odd Rich-E

Comment

• It'd be nice if they could, but it won't happen. My motorcycle has really taken priority now.
                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Finally dragged this shit over to BimmerHeads. Only took me 8 months to get it after I'd bought it, lol. They won't be able to get to it till after Bimmerfest, but that at least gives me time to get a new clutch, flywheel, and shifter parts.
                  Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• So, I lied. ODB won't be staying in SoCal this year. I hope everyone in Leavenworth, WA has ear plugs ready.
                    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                      So, I lied. ODB won't be staying in SoCal this year. I hope everyone in Leavenworth, WA has ear plugs ready.
                      Badass!! See you there! I'll probably be in my carbon black e46M with a loud ass CTSV and nagaro b5s4 nearby hahahaha

hmm I should do an exhaust dump in the m3
                      -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                      '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                      '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• I wish the M106 would be in for the drive, but it's not happening. Probably going to get a new clutch and some other bits installed when the motor is ready to drop in.
                        Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Any updates here ? I read the whole thread today and ODB is freakin' awesome !!! Congrats from France mate !!!
                          525i E34 build thread
                          325is E36 build thread

Comment

• Haha, thanks dude.

Unfortunately no, no updates lately. Life and a decrease in motivation have taken a toll on poor ODB. He spends most of his time in the garage, aside from the occasional drive to Cars and Coffee.

I decided that I'm going to sell the M106 swap. It'd be rad, but a bit more of a headache than I want to deal with, especially since I'd have to get it past California emissions testing. I've decided that I'll either refresh the stock M30B34 or try to find a later M30B35 to swap in, and focus on improving the rest of the car.
                            Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Just finished going through the whole thread after seeing your truck thread. So much awesome. I love the colour of it, just something different about it.

Comment

• Give your actual M30B34 the love it deserves, I think it's the best you can do ! We want more actual pictures bro !
                                525i E34 build thread
                                325is E36 build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X