Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Children: Ol Dirty Bastard gets a build thread (e24 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is going to be a really long and sappy post about a car, so...fair warning. I never would’ve guessed that I’d get so attached to an inanimate object. Especially this car. 9 years feels like no time at all now. This car outlasted 3 VWs, a Mustang, 2 trucks, and 2 motorcycles. Hell, I had this thing longer than my 3 last relationships. It’s seen me move to 3 different states and took me from Tennessee to California, twice. In just 2 months in 2015, I racked up 10,000 miles on it driving to the last SoWo, Bimmerfest, Wuste, and Leavenworth. In all of those years and miles, it only ever left me completely stranded 1 time. I always knew that it’d make it back to wherever we called home. When I was in the lowest part of my life, it was there, waiting for the chance at another road trip. Another excuse to cruise with the windows down and the Wu Tang Clan blaring out of the speakers. The memories I made, the things I learned, and most importantly the people I met and befriended both because of and in spite of this loud, low, leaky, dented bucket of bolts will live with me for forever. The emotions I felt as it was hauled away from me were overwhelming and I will admit with zero shame that I sobbed when I couldn’t see it anymore. Thanks for everything, Ol Dirty Bastard. I loved you.

Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
    2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Some people will never truly understand the connection we have with our mechanical beasts. They become a part of your daily life over time and then going to get in it and it's just gone is gut wrenching. I feel for you and odb will be sorely missed by all on the forums. Save up and get your life rearranged, we will all still be here waiting for what is next. Rip.
      2 328i e36's
      Saabaru linear 2.5na
      Various projects.
      sigpic
      Intro;
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• So awesome dude. Sounded like the right time to let it go.

If it wasn't possible to bond with these cars, we wouldn't be doing this. Good luck on what lies ahead.

Comment

• It's surreal. I've literally seen either your E28 or ODB nearly every day online for over a decade. It happens to all of us. Der Panzer was a hacked-apart shell by the time I had it towed away. Still doesn't shake that feeling when it's gone. I'm sure you'll put just as much of yourself into the next project, but it definitely sounds like it's time to hang out with yourself for a bit and clear your head. Car or not, hopefully you're still on here fairly often.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

• After just reading this full thread from front to back I can't help to shed a tear. Hope you stay in the car seen mate!

Comment

• Thanks yall. I'll still be around. Probably won't buy another car till after I relocate, again.
              Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
              2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Working...
              X