Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Children: Ol Dirty Bastard gets a build thread (e24 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks man, although I should clarify I've been a physical therapist assistant for the last 5 years. CA just likes to make things complicated when trying to transfer an out of state license to here.
    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
    2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Glad to hear the great state of Cali finally pulled its head out of its ass and gave you your license. I'm also currently out of work so I know that feeling. Checking this thread made me realize how close socal vintage is. I need to get my shit together if I'm going to make it this year.

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
      Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• Congrats on the license!

but holy shit those are wide...can't wait to see them fit.

Comment

• I need to say mate, I don't post of here much because my car is a piece of shit, but I'm always creeping around and this has been one of my favourite builds on here since I found the site. I can't wait until it picks up again.
          Also your Tumblr is cool, and you and spaghettiblender are responsible for most of my notes.

Comment

• Another short update.

So I got a travel contract job up in Fresno that I started last week. I'll be up here till the 3rd week of January. Gonna get funds rolling in soon so I can order tires and barrels and have the centerbores on the wheels enlarged to BMW spec.

I changed my mind on doing bolt on flares. Since Dylan Leff wound up doing it on his e24, I decided I'd really rather just cut the arches and widen them. I won't be doing box flares because I don't want to mess with the lines of the car too badly. Hopefully I'll be able to get the motor pulled and swapped this winter as well.
            Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
              I changed my mind on doing bolt on flares. Since Dylan Leff wound up doing it on his e24, I decided I'd really rather just cut the arches and widen them. I won't be doing box flares because I don't want to mess with the lines of the car too badly. Hopefully I'll be able to get the motor pulled and swapped this winter as well.
              I approve this message.
              Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• Another change of plans.

Well the motor swap is up in the air now. Don't really have a place to do it, and not enough room/tools/skill to do it at my folks' place on my own. With my deadline of SoWo, I'm thinking I'm going to just refresh the M30 and make it a bit more reliable. I also need to replace the catalytic converter and finally get the damn thing to pass smog so I can register it out here.

Also, I don't think widening the fenders is going to happen. I don't want to do bolt on flares any more, and metal flares are beyond my skills/pay grade. So I'm going to attempt to run the front wheels in the rear and buy smaller lips for the rears to run as 12"s up front. Here's hoping it all fits.
                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• This you?

IMG_6423 by Grant Young Photography, on Flickr
                  IG: grantyoungphoto (car/travel photography)
                  IG: blazer_coupe (daily life)
                  FB: /grantyoungphotography

Comment

• Yeah, that'd be the Big Dirty, lol.
                    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• While the plans you had were pretty badass, I think going for a simpler game plan and making it reliable will look 100X's better

Comment

• Man was looking forward to seeing how you were going to make those wheels fit!

Sending you a PM
                        Daily Driver: 2007 BMW 550i
                        Project: 1985 BMW 635csi

Project SmurfShark - BMW e24 Build thread
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...09#post1340209

http://instagram.com/xerxes310

Comment

• CJ what's going on with ODB?

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Nothing right now, Gene. Right now I'm working on getting financially stable again. Hopefully around the start of the new year I will be ordering wheel parts and tires.
                            Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                              Nothing right now, Gene. Right now I'm working on getting financially stable again. Hopefully around the start of the new year I will be ordering wheel parts and tires.

Like most, can't wait for updates! Love ODB!!
                              Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• O ok makes sense! That's where i'm at atm. Priorities

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Working...
                                X