Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent buildup pics, ideas, and a few opinion questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent buildup pics, ideas, and a few opinion questions..

I'm posting pics from photobucket, and photobucket is blocked at work, so i won't be able to see if these work right now... if you can't see them, let me know and I'll rehost elsewhere.
    TLDR type of people beware. long post.

My car will finally be out of the shop in less than a week, if everything goes as planned. Long story short it's been in the shop for just about two years, only drove it a month or two since i've owned it. I got kicked out of the navy and could'nt afford to fix it. Fortunately i'm working a great job now and i've dropped every little bit of money that i can into it so here it is, still in the shop, the engine on a stand, (out of the pictures.)

Got new heads in, forgot to take pics.

Added red/smoked tail lights and installed 5 or 6000k HID low beams in the front. (also working on full-led tail lights but those will take probably until this spring to finish, 500+ individual led's!!)

Put together my front bumper, N/A front bumper modified to fit a Stillen type III lip. I'm also testing out how it looks on the car with the garage door weatherseal lip underneath it, looks okay but the lip might be a little too long now.

This is part of my interior I was redoing a few months back. The TTOP headliner, C-pillars, and rearview mirror backplate are done up in this material. I'm still not done with the interior yet, trying to find a good source of UV resistant black alcantara/suede to redo the lower door panels and seats in.

I'll be buying LM replicas (ESM wheels 004, lifetime warranty,) TSW Nurburgring's, Konig milligram's, Enkei RPF1's, or Forgestar CF5's in less than one month. I can't spend more than 1500 on wheels, honestly. I already have tires, 265/35/18 BFG R1 until I find and buy a few sets of good used tires. 225(235)/35/18's.

It's currently sitting on 17x8 inch ROH snyper wheels, +40ish offset with 5/16ths spacers to clear the brakes. They gots to go..what would you suggest?

This will be my first aggressvie wheel setup and need opinions on what type of sizing I should go with on my car and I'll be renting a fender roller. The z32 community frowns upon aggressive wheel fitment so i'm asking you all to help if possible. The fronts might not be able to fit more than an 18x9.5 +30 offset but I cannot confirm, see the second sentence in this paragraph.

I have a usable but broken carbon fiber hood i bought for 80 bucks, too expensive to repair with CF like new. i'm making this into a 'chalkboard' hood. thoughts?

So you saw part of my interior. That material is on the top & the seats + the door panels will be Black leather/suede. I have a momo wheel, i want to get a neo chrome shift knob, and powdercoat/paint the center of my steering wheel in neo chrome as well. opinions on this?

Stickers!!! where can i get some good ones?

Just need to ping some ideas back and forth, I'm having 'modification ADD' right now.
    Last edited by TTKickedin; 08-14-2012, 01:27 PM.

This doesn't really belong in the Stance Showroom thread. I just see three random, poor quality photos.
    Find me on Instagram - alex_garagezeroeight

1931 Ford Model A project - http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2362912

Comment

Post lighter pictures that we can actually see, but I'm going to say RPF1s will look the best on the 300.

Comment

what he said.
        theres a build thread area for a reason.
        Float like a Cadillac, Sting like a Beemer!
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24326

Comment

I wasn't sure where to post it. figured showroom since I was posting pics of my car anyway. I'm no photographer and those pics were the best i could do with a blackberry back when i was only making 350 bucks every two weeks, and about 5 grand in debt. i hope you weren't expecting DSLR quality.

Comment

honestly, this seems like a look into the thought process of those people who post their cars and we think, "WTF were they thinking?" We should subscribe to this thread for research purposes.

replica wheels
            awful tire sizes
            crazy interior fabric
            busted chalkboard hood
            no word on any type of suspension work
            garage door lip
            sticker bombing

all we're missing is a random rusted panel and a roof rack

FWIW, for some real advice, I would recommend not buying replica wheels and finding something older that's good quality. Out of the ones you listed, the RPF1s would be by far the best, but $1,500 is plenty of cash to find a good set of wheels.
            Jason
            flickr
            build thread

Comment

Oh, my bad, didn't know i was building my car for you.
              Originally posted by VicSkimmr View Post
              replica wheels.
              Didn't say i was buying them, was interested. And even if i did buy them, they wouldn't have a BBS center cap on them later. Pretty sure ESM warrantees them for it's lifetime against defects that cause them to break. Its one option that wasn't very high on my list, that happens to not be in any particular order when i listed it. I WAS leaning more towards the RPF1's anyway. Keep your comments to yourself about replicas, start another replica **** thread if you feel so inclined because I frankly don't give a shit.

awful tire sizes
              1. Two answers:
              - Awful sizes as far as stretching? Whoops, didn't know I should be stretching DOT slicks for the best possible performance out of the tire...

For the record, the DOT slicks will be going on first since i have them already. Once I find other tires, then i'll buy a different set. k? good. And yes, i will be using them quite frequently.

- Awful as far as fitting on my car? Bullshit. Here's why;

2. 18 is the largest you can go on a z32 before the speedometer needs to be recalibrated to compensate for the larger diameter.

3. 265 width tires are fine for a z32, (especially at the 18x9 square fitment i'm planning,) and 35 happens to be the only series within 18" tires that won't throw off the speedometer on the z32. What kind of tires do YOU want on my car?

4. 265 width tires are good up to 18x9. Verify that anywhere, everyone else knows. Any wheels I do buy won't be any larger than that...

crazy interior fabric.
              5. Not your taste, not my problem. u mad?

busted chalkboard hood
              6. It's a busted up carbon fiber hood that I bought for 80 bucks. It's being repaired because it can be. Since the repair will be getting rid of the weave pattern in a 2x2" square at the front of the hood, I opted to paint the entire hood chalkboard black. AND, it's not my only fucking hood, I still have my stock aluminum one. This hood is only to bring to events or whenever the fuck I feel like putting it on. I can do wtf I want to my second hood...to my car period, idk why i'm even explaining myself to you, but let's continue because there's more to discuss.
              no word on any type of suspension work
              7. RSR Springs/KYB shocks/Carbing rear strut bar/polyurethane bushings. Already installed. Planning on a set of coilovers soon.

garage door lip
              8. Yep. right on the bottom of my stillen lip too.
              ---a.Come take it off if you don't like it.

It tends to look pretty decent when done right IMO, and I wanted to see how it would look, never said it was permanent...

sticker bombing
              Who said anything about stickerbombing? Even if I did, see #8a.

Out of the ones you listed, the RPF1s would be by far the best.
              In your opinion.

Are we done here?
              Last edited by TTKickedin; 08-14-2012, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Wow. He got you all feisty. I suggest thicker skin and learn how to take criticism since YOU posted your car on the internet. Welcome to S|W.

I just want more pics of the car since the ones that you posted don't really show much at all. But your attitude isn't helping my opinion.
                Find me on Instagram - alex_garagezeroeight

1931 Ford Model A project - http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2362912

Comment

Massachusetts woohoo

Comment

It's hard to get good pics since the cars boxed in by two 70's Mercedes. Ones got frozen brakes. It's been in the same spot for 2years, . wish I could get them too dude but I just can't.

Instead of respecting (that I have my own) taste and my opinion, he wants to talk shit. I think I have the option of talkin shit back too.
                    Last edited by TTKickedin; 08-14-2012, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NickBroderick View Post
                      Massachusetts woohoo
                      Lol I **** Massachusetts.
                      Why is hat3 blocked?

Comment

Originally posted by TTKickedin View Post
                        It's hard to get good pics since the cars boxed in by two 70's Mercedes. Ones got frozen brakes. It's been in the same spot for 2years, . wish I could get them too dude but I just can't.

Instead of respecting (that I have my own) taste and my opinion, he wants to talk shit. I think I have the option of talkin shit back too.
                        You don't get it.

You posted, asking for opinions on your build. That means, "critique my taste."

You made the thread, you got critiqued, and you got mad. Go somewhere, Gayfer.
                        W108 - LSx hitting a lick | '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel

Comment

There is a guy on here that has a red Z with aggressive fitment and custom work done. He has pushed the limits and boundaries on several fronts. White forged wheels if I recall correctly. His car and his attention to detail is amazing. I can't remember his screen name but I'm pretty sure that if you search hard enough you can find his threads and pics of his car. He has a company that makes parts. I can't remember the name of that either right now. But he machines BBS caps and he's an architect. That I do remember. Maybe he can help you.
                          DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                          E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Originally posted by TTKickedin View Post
                            Lol I **** Massachusetts.
                            Why is hat3 blocked?
                            Because the word ***** was used in every other sentence by people so Mike decided to censor it.

What part are you from?

Comment

This is all the help and effort I'm going to give you.

-Don't sticker bomb, it's dumb.

-You can get awesome real wheels for that price or less.

-Fuck what the Z32 community likes/hates and do what makes you happy.

-Don't be a cheap ass and cut corners.
                              ///M 2.0
                              G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

Working...
                              X