No announcement yet.

Im kinda tired of seeing only new Minis on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys, i no of two classic mini dealers in socal if you're interested, but other then that id say keep an eye out on ebay. I should have more update pics tomorrow night.

Comment

Update

Alright, so yesterday i started going threw all the extra parts i had for my mini and found a longer/better flowing intake manifold for my weber so i decided to throw it on. First problem i had was that there wasn't enough room between the dash panel and the engine for the carb/mani to fit. So i had to trim the panel a bit to make some room. After i had enough room i mounted the carb and new mani and started to build a box to separate the carb from the interior. I borrowed the sheet metal for the box from a old filing cabinet that i was gona throw away, but I'll be redoing it in aluminum along with a driver side gauge panel later on.

Comment

looks great. Great work.

I really need to get mine up and running right then go get it registered. Just been sat in my garage for the last 4 years since it was imported

www.flickr.com/sparkyvw
        Awol.tv
        Dubkorps

Comment

Thanks. Yours looks good too, looks just like one of the minis we used to have. Im guessing its a MK3 with a 998?

Comment

correct. I wanted a mk2. Only got this to make money on it as it was really cheap back home but it over heats and i just havnt had the time to look at it. Thats what you get for having a great idea with a friend to make money and he doesnt listen to what you want.

www.flickr.com/sparkyvw
            Awol.tv
            Dubkorps

Comment

i love old minis, i wish i could get my hands on a decent shape mk1 for cheap.

that video of the awd mini is amazing
              91 GTI built 2.0aba

Comment

Nice one, looks pretty solid for a MK1. What else have you done to it?

Stick with the 10's though, 13's will make it handle like a bus !
                Last edited by Minuki; 01-19-2010, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Aw man, Mk1s deserve 10" wheels, screw the 13's.

I never posted mine up because I know it will never be stanced.
                  Jason
                  flickr
                  build thread

Comment

"Im kinda tired of seeing only new Minis on here" OMG
                    just kidding good looking classic you got there!

Comment

oh fuck! this looks like fun! subscribed
                      FCUK your bitches and the click you claim.™

Comment

Siiick, been waiting to see an old skool mini on here!!!
                        Shyne~Fitment Done Right---Your #1 socal fender roller

Comment

Thanks guys, I no its been a while since my last update, but im still waiting on some parts from England .
                          Originally posted by VicSkimmr
                          Aw man, Mk1s deserve 10" wheels, screw the 13's.
                          Very true, i guess i gota keep lookin for the right tires .

Comment

Originally posted by raffi91 View Post
                            Thanks guys, I no its been a while since my last update, but im still waiting on some parts from England . Very true, i guess i gota keep lookin for the right tires .
                            What supplier are you using? Minisport?

Comment

love it!

one day im gonna find a mkI in the states and put a VR in the back, always has been a fantasy of mine haha

Comment

Originally posted by Minuki
                                What supplier are you using? Minisport?
                                Yup, there are a few over here in the US, but Mini Sport has nicer parts with lower prices. Only trade off is the extra shipping cost, but still manages to be cheaper then the US suppliers .

Originally posted by Mentosman42
                                one day im gonna find a mkI in the states and put a VR in the back
                                Thats one hell of a fantasy.

Comment

Working...
                                X