No announcement yet.

More Go Than Show - New Edge Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is all that wiring even for ? Looks like a bunch of outdated stereo equipment. I could be wrong ? More videos of the SC whine please . LOL
    C280 Build Thread
    C43 ///AMG Build Thread
    E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

Loving this man. A re-spray, new headlights, and the wheels polished up and she would be set!

My best friend had a 99gt and that was one of the funnest cars I have ever been in. Had eibachs all around and some saleen 18x9's, god that thing handled like a beast.

Oh BTW get some wheels and tires or at least some big tires on the dodge!

My build thread>http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31670

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
        what is all that wiring even for ? Looks like a bunch of outdated stereo equipment. I could be wrong ? More videos of the SC whine please . LOL
        I think some of it originally went to a subwoofer. Lots of it, I don't even know. I've cleaned so many random wires that weren't even attached to anything out it isn't funny.

Sad thing is I know some of it must have been for the underglow kit that was on it at one point. This thing was a pretty bad rice-stang a few owners ago. It somehow completed the evolution from stock, to rice-stang, to junkyard heap bracket racer, to Cobra swapped demon.

Wish I could figure out how to get the videos embedded though. Once the weather breaks I promise all kinds of blower whine and exhaust snarl. Unfortunately we got 2" of snow and 1/2" of ice overnight, so it won't be anytime soon.

Originally posted by brsteinbach View Post
        Loving this man. A re-spray, new headlights, and the wheels polished up and she would be set!

My best friend had a 99gt and that was one of the funnest cars I have ever been in. Had eibachs all around and some saleen 18x9's, god that thing handled like a beast.

Oh BTW get some wheels and tires or at least some big tires on the dodge!
        There's a guy an hour from here I'm talking to about some 03 Cobra headlights. I will be thrilled to put those in.

Re-spray would be nice, but after colorsanding/buffing it should be presentable once again.

When everything is said and done it should be a blast to drive. The new drivetrain puts a bolt on 2v to shame. The Cobra IRS also makes for improved handling compared to the SRA cars. I used to love throwing it into twisting turns or on ramps just because it would gobble up tight turns like nothing. ...and they say Mustangs can't turn.

As far as the wheels for the truck, in time. I've got too many projects going on. I have to wrap this up, still have a Cutlass to restore, and the truck will be getting deletes first. I already got the tuner, delete pipe and EGR delete are on the way.

For this weekend if I knock out the heater core and get new headlights I will be thrilled. Bushings/tires in March/April and then it is fun time.
        I Have No Idea What I'm Doing

Comment

i love the work that your doing on this !

Comment

not being a critic or anything but wont the "exhaust anti theft system" cause an extreme rattle? lol or maybe more info on how its run so i dont make myself look like an ass

Comment

Originally posted by pantsoffstanceoff View Post
              not being a critic or anything but wont the "exhaust anti theft system" cause an extreme rattle? lol or maybe more info on how its run so i dont make myself look like an ass
              No rattle at all. It's relatively taught so it doesn't have much room to make noise.

I just looped it through the support bars on the DPF and DOC, welded it to the bars, then looped another piece around the frame rail and pad locked them together. I tried to keep it as taught as possible to make it as difficult as possible if you were trying to steal them.

But that may be a moot point, as I just found out my delete parts arrived today.

The car on the other hand currently has the entire dash sitting on the front seats. That was a major PITA.

Also found more problems as I was dismantling everything to get at the heater core. Biggest problems were missing bolts to hold the console down, a thoroughly trashed secondary shifter boot, and a snapped bolt on the E-brake. While it will be a pain to replace those, it will improve the problems I had with the console rattling, excess noise into the cabin, and the e-brake handle feeling sloppy.

In the process I also removed the brackets I found that were originally for some LED strip footwell lighting. I may re-use those and install some new lighting.

No luck finding 01-04 headlights. Found a few 99-00, but I like the black housing of the 01-04 better than the 99-00 chrome. Also saw a V6 new edge with some ugly ass American Muscle projector headlights on the way to work the other day. That definitely gave me more motivation to junk these.

Unfortunately the weather has sapped most of my motivation. Going to be low 30s and sporradic snow for the next week or two. No desire to roll around in the snow to install deletes, or rip off the rear suspension for bushings.

I spend too much time gazing out the window, wishing I could take the car out already.

Comment

Still a big fan of this build. Still glad you're looking for factory headlights.

God damn those things are fucking ugly.

Keep it up!

Originally posted by Kielan
                Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

Neglecting this thread as always. Got tons of work done, but with little to show. Another thing putting a damper on this was a close friend ending up in the hospital, but they'll be getting discharged today or tomorrow, so it's full steam ahead from there.

The dash is finally back in and buttoned up after replacing the heater core. All kinds of cluster****ery was going on back there. Yanked out yet MORE wires, and re-routed/cleaned up the remainder. More pictures on that later.

Got the hardware for the console. Biggest problem is the bolt snapped off, so I need to take the whole e-brake out of the car to grind it off. Yay again.

Most of my free time was occupied with visiting my friend, and on the truck. The truck got itself an oil change, tuner, Flo-pro delete pipe, and I scored a new commercial CCV cover from the junkyard for a project I have in mind. Should look pretty spiffy when all is said and done.

More Updates at 11.

Comment

Dude, you're busting your ass on this, and it shows. It's really come a long way since the beginning, and I can't wait to see what happens as you continue. Spring's almost here!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Picked up the gf from the hospital today, so although I didn't get any work done, I can count it a decent day.

Back to the updates. The heater core has got to be one of the least rewarding procedures. You rip everything apart, only to put it back together again the exact same way. You do the most work with the least reward. It sucks.

Of course knowing the previous owner(s) of this car, you know it wasn't exactly stock.

Fucking Copper Spaghetti!

What the fuck is this octopus of wires?

This one took the cake. I follow the antenna wire, and notice it abruptly turns away from where the antenna is. Out of curiosity I follow it and find...

That's a second antenna that was horizontal behind the dash. That means the one sticking out of the fender wasn't even connected. I guess I can shave that antenna off now, seeing as it was purely ornamental to begin with.

Also not pictured above was the removal of some uneeded wires, as well as the AC dryer and some AC lines that freed up room in the engine bay.

So there's what the car got. I'll throw up some video of the truck before/after the delete next time I get the chance.

Meanwhile FTBR bushings need to go on order like yesterday. Why you ask? It's not like it's getting warm anytime soon.

This is why.
                      http://www.500festival.com/other-events/community-day

The opportunity to take the car for a lap around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway the week before the Indy 500.

Comment

Holy fuck. I can only imagine what the PO was thinking(or not) when working on this car.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

All put back together and actually running. Gave it a quick wash, tended to some minor work, and got it out on the road.

Still looks like crap, but it felt good to take it out.

I didn't bother posting those in the showroom because much like the last round, it will go over like a lead balloon.

Still on the hunt for new headlights. I've had five sellers back out on me so far, which is quite irritating.

New wheels still sitting in the garage while I enjoy roasting these skinny 245s.

FTBR bushing kit and LPW diff cover have been ordered, so the whole rear suspension is getting blown apart as soon as I get my hands on it. Should be fun.

Comment

I feel like you're a pair of headlights and some buffing away from having a very sharp car.

Also, you have the first wing-less Mustang I have ever seen for this generation... and I kind of dig it.
                            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                            Originally posted by Ollie
                            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                              Also, you have the first wing-less Mustang I have ever seen for this generation... and I kind of dig it.
                              I'm actually surprised at that remark. For awhile it felt like everywhere I went there was a spoilerless new edge GT with a 03 Cobra front and staggered Bullitts.

I will be thrilled to ditch these wheels in favor of my machined Cobras.

Also got confirmation my FTBR bushings shipped today. No snapping axles for me.

Comment

honestly its nice to see one of these getting some love! these are my favorite mustangs as well as the only ford id ever consider owning, and i'm a honda guy!
                                love what your doing here!
                                Hi, I'm Chris and i drive a Miata
                                ASS & KITTIES

Comment

Working...
                                X