No announcement yet.

Isuzu pickup race truck build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it's running a little rough but it's running! I feel like I haven't taken pictures in a while. I'll get some tomorrow. I'm also reworking the mounting of the motor. I need to pick up the tranny some. I'm also considering some solid mounts, and preparing for hell on wheels. Hahaha.
    The only thing lower than my standards is my truck.

Build thread!!!

Comment

• hmmmmmmmmmm, looks like you won haha. Just get it all ready for may. Nurotag Orlando. I hopefully will have my truck running and painted by then for my first show with her. I'll let you know when it is once they announce it
      When in doubt, cut it out...
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39445 <<<<<<< Check out my BUILD!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Isuzupickup View Post
        Well it's running a little rough but it's running! I feel like I haven't taken pictures in a while. I'll get some tomorrow. I'm also reworking the mounting of the motor. I need to pick up the tranny some. I'm also considering some solid mounts, and preparing for hell on wheels. Hahaha.
        Good thing its running now! I thought I was following your build better than I have been. I gotta keep with the current updates haha
        Originally posted by TheCrabMaster View Post
        hmmmmmmmmmm, looks like you won haha. Just get it all ready for may. Nurotag Orlando. I hopefully will have my truck running and painted by then for my first show with her. I'll let you know when it is once they announce it
        The both of Yall should head up for import alliance in april, reppin the racetruck squad

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
        Originally posted by nickskater09
        I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

• Alrighty then! Motor is coming forward 2 inches and I'm picking the tranny up as well to fix the angle.

My attempt at making the truck accept the new motor.

Still got some stance!

Got a little saw happy... I want to do some kind of extendo shifter.

Hydraulic hardbody pedal setup. Probably going to have to adjust the pedal height.

Budget battery relocation because racetruck. For the record those aren't my dip cans.

Needs a good cleaning.

But yeah, crossing my fingers but I'll be on the road again next week. Funny story, my friend's gramps is welding up the driveshafts for me, but since I'm scooting the motor forward a little I called my friend and told him "Tell your grandpa not to touch my shaft yet!"

Build thread!!!

Comment

• Moving along nicely I see..

I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

• Man this thing looks so good and thats saying a lot since I usually don't like lowered trucks
              -Jason
              91 Lagunengrun 325i
              88 635csi (Parted & Crushed)

Comment

• Originally posted by JFarhanbod View Post
                Man this thing looks so good and thats saying a lot since I usually don't like lowered trucks
                Thanks man!

Originally posted by milano_red View Post
                Moving along nicely I see..

Yeah. Funny thing is, I'm sitting here trying to make hockey puck mounts and aluminum mounts redrilling holes and all of this, when I realize the stock isuzu mounts should work. I just only have one at the time, so I've got to go yank one off a shit box and the junkyard tomorrow. Down the road if my truck is putting down more power I'll get stiffer mounts.

Build thread!!!

Comment

• i like your shift knob

Comment

• Originally posted by Belvader View Post
                    i like your shift knob
                    Thanks, haha. I've always rocked the skateboard wheel. Small update. Mounted the motor again using the Isuzu mounts and it sits much better. It's not fucking the firewall anymore. The pucks under the mounts are temporary, I'll have blocks made to compensate for the height. Overall the motor sits well in this bay, the only PITA is the headers hitting my torsion bar as they come down. In other news the truck is running pretty damn good, used a better coil and smoothed it out some.

Shitty picture of the temp setup:

Tomorrow I'm cleaning that spaghetti I call wiring up. It's a mess man ): Driveshaft shall be complete soon and once it's mobile she's going to an exhaust shop to shut that KA up. I'm debating the exhaust, however. out the back. Blast pipes or a single tip?

Or

Build thread!!!

Comment

• blast pipes!

Comment

• Great work. Blast pipes ftw
                        | 92 Toyota Hilux |www.facebook.com/WellingtonTruckingFriends|

Comment

• I'm really digging the build so far, trucks looks dope! If you need any Ka parts hit me up, I've got plenty for both the single cam and dual.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaseyCulby View Post
                            I'm really digging the build so far, trucks looks dope! If you need any Ka parts hit me up, I've got plenty for both the single cam and dual.
                            Thanks! Do you have an IACV? The one with the purple plug? Genius before me broke the plug off and ruined it. Haha.

Build thread!!!

Comment

• Blast pipes!

Comment

• Loving your progress, keep it up man
                                My Static Hardbody minitruck thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24537

Comment

Working...
                                X