Røvarin, Zic's e28 thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SDR View Post
    That's pretty awesome I actually just found out that the laws here are pretty relaxed when the cars are from before '84. I just bought an E28 525i from '83 this weekend, and I can legally tune it to 343 hp

I get that. And it cost the same to fix a shitty tuned engine three times as it does to build a good one the first time .. or maybe not, but I still get why you wanna do it 100% the first time.

I think I wanna get them for myself, but if I decide not to I can probably get them for you. Or maybe if I buy them and I'm not happy with them, we can trade for the AC Schnitzer?
    Oh that's awesome man! got a link to the car?
    true, do it right the first time.
    hm, maybe would make some kind of trade, but i would like to know if he still has the caps. Also i prefer the AC Schnitzers but i want to own a set of Hartge's in my life time. Owning two sets the ACS and Hartge's at the same time would be so awesome.

I'm actually looking for a set of mono blocks, i know of a set in 18x8.5 and 18x10's Azev type A's but i'm worried that they might be to big.

Originally posted by aldy_SAS View Post
    really love this color...very nice on E28,looks very classy...
    Thanks man!

I got my first batch of parts, fenders, emblems and other misc other stuff, i'll get a picture up soon.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

amazingggggggg

instagram-brandonmckiernannn

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
        Oh that's awesome man! got a link to the car?
        true, do it right the first time.
        hm, maybe would make some kind of trade, but i would like to know if he still has the caps. Also i prefer the AC Schnitzers but i want to own a set of Hartge's in my life time. Owning two sets the ACS and Hartge's at the same time would be so awesome.

I'm actually looking for a set of mono blocks, i know of a set in 18x8.5 and 18x10's Azev type A's but i'm worried that they might be to big.
        Yea it's a great car, and it has never been driven in the winter, so there is almost no rust I just uploaded 3 pictures to my Flickr:
        Explore Sigurd Rasmussen’s 75 photos on Flickr!

I also uploaded two pictures of the Hartge wheels the guy sent me, so you can see them. They don't look like they're in the best shape, but the price isn't too bad either. But it looks like he still have the caps
        The AC Schnitzers are sick, so I get why you prefer them. I'm not really sure which ones I prefer, but yeah, owning both would be amazing!
        How much did you pay for your ACS?
        Azev type A's look really good. I have 16x9 on my E30 projectcar at the moment.
        But yeah, 18x10 is big on an E28!

Comment

This thing is so perfect man I love it! Color wheels everything is on point!
          Hit me up for all your quality used bmw parts needs! http://properperformance.com/ IG: Lowlygent

Comment

Zic what are the wheel and tire specs on the Schnitzers right now?

I have replicas in 17x8.5 fitment and 215/45 Continentals to go with them. Would like to know to compare fitment (your car is awesome by the way!)

Pix of mine

Originally posted by DragginWagon
            Some people aren't fortunate enough to be able to strip our cars completely and send them off to get restored. So we make due and make one hell of a unique vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by SDR View Post
              Yea it's a great car, and it has never been driven in the winter, so there is almost no rust I just uploaded 3 pictures to my Flickr:
              Explore Sigurd Rasmussen’s 75 photos on Flickr!

I also uploaded two pictures of the Hartge wheels the guy sent me, so you can see them. They don't look like they're in the best shape, but the price isn't too bad either. But it looks like he still have the caps
              The AC Schnitzers are sick, so I get why you prefer them. I'm not really sure which ones I prefer, but yeah, owning both would be amazing!
              How much did you pay for your ACS?
              Azev type A's look really good. I have 16x9 on my E30 projectcar at the moment.
              But yeah, 18x10 is big on an E28!
              Awesome car man did you get that zender lip of bilgalleri?
              Oh, not the best of shapes. Did you buy them by the way? If it does have all the caps, we could trade centers.

Originally posted by DinanDave View Post
              This thing is so perfect man I love it! Color wheels everything is on point!
              Thanks man

Originally posted by low-eta5 View Post
              Zic what are the wheel and tire specs on the Schnitzers right now?

I have replicas in 17x8.5 fitment and 215/45 Continentals to go with them. Would like to know to compare fitment (your car is awesome by the way!)

Pix of mine

The fronts are 8.5 ET13, but there is a unknown size spacer that i had lying around that i threw on. I'm gonna go with a 10 or 15mm spacer soon.

I have these spare lights that i have painted yellow.

They are uneven in color at the moment, need to polish them all to match.

The car is in storage.

Also i have gotten some of the parts i ordered.
              Includes, two front fenders, a piece of the front bumper and one of the rear, trim around the rear window and roundels. Ill order more parts soon.
              -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

loving this e28

Comment

Thanks man
                  -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Well, thought i would upload some more pictures since I've always liked threads with loads of pictures. So here are a few from august '12.

-Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Looks nice man!

Comment

Thanks man
                        -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

great looking e28
                          IMG_20140729_210811 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

My build thread.http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33607
                          Instagram: MGRAND3

Comment

Thanks man.

Oyght, so i got a PM asking me about fitment and thought i would share it here so everyone can see, were the problem is at the moment.

So since i'm only springs / shocks combo, the car is currently sitting like so. And i get major suspension travel compared to my old setup on the e36.

So i positioned the car so the left rear wheel was under load. and at this point i get contact with fender and wheel lip. That's a big no no in my book, since i want to be able to have 5 people in the car, full tank of gas and a full boot of stuff. without ANY rubbing of any kind.

This is right before i get fender contact. Its fine to drive around with me and two friends, but when i load up the car i get rubbing.

Here is the right rear wheel, you can see how the wheels goes outwards the further the suspension goes up and vica versa. One "problem" with the e28 is that there is no stock camber adjustment, its setup like the e34's, e30's and other models.

And here is another picture.

And one of the front, no rubbing here.
                            At the moment its setup like this, 17x8.5 et13 215/40-17 and some random spacer, think its like 4mm or something like that. On non rolled fenders. Plan is when the new front fenders get on to have them rolled and run a 10 or 15mm spacer.

In the rear i'm running 17x10 et19 245/35-17 and fenders are rolled.
                            So the options i have are welding a camber adjustment kit on, Or getting the fenders a little bit pulled. But i'm saving parts for a full respray, still need four doors and some other little things. So i don't really know what i'm going to do, but it should be an easy "fix." I'm leaning towards getting the fenders pulled a little, without destroying the stock fender lines, i really **** the pulled look. I only need about 2mm.
                            -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Pull those fenders a bit. (Don't) Ruin them like me.

Your car is still looking beautiful. Everything I wish mine was!

Comment

I can't decide if this is my favorite paint or if Polaris is.

Comment

Working...
                                X