No announcement yet.

My ED6... weekend racer on a budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just spent a good part of my workday reading thru this thread.

I just want to say: I **** you....

My first car was an ED6 and now i miss it even more....

But anyways. Awesome car you build yourself.
    Love the stance, and the fact that it can move in a decent pace aswell

Respect from Denmark.
    VW Passat 3C/B6 2.0TDi Sportline.
    Coils on max low
    19" R8 Audi rims w/ 235-35/19 Conti

Mazda Demio 1999 - Looking for Coilovers

'91 VW Golf Mk2 - Sold

Comment

• Thanks, both of you. I really appreciate the kind words! Check back this summer; it should be a little faster and have some nifty parts added as well.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

• beard and buffalo discussion were fantastic, oh and the civics pretty neat as well. any updates?
        Viva La Resistance

Comment

• Originally posted by M.Doban View Post
          ...also I captured the white buffalo nbd.
          Dude.

Comment

• I have spend most of my workday reading this entire thread, you sir are one hell of a classy man.
            Make's me really excited about putting together my motor for my EG, I'm totally new to boost, and new ish to the fitment world.

Your car is beautiful, and your beard is glorious. Congrats on the hunt my friend.

Comment

• I love your Civic. I thought 13's would be to small but your car wears them beautifully.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                Dude.

Originally posted by Gumina144 View Post
                I have spend most of my workday reading this entire thread, you sir are one hell of a classy man.
                Make's me really excited about putting together my motor for my EG, I'm totally new to boost, and new ish to the fitment world.

Your car is beautiful, and your beard is glorious. Congrats on the hunt my friend.
                Holy crap thanks. You read about my car at work? That's awesome. I don't even do that.

I love hearing that people are trying to make more power! If you have any questions on setup or tuning or anything really, I'd love to hear them. Good luck with the build!

Originally posted by DeltaAlpha9 View Post
                I love your Civic. I thought 13's would be to small but your car wears them beautifully.
                Thank you, sir. I was a bit wary at first too. Speaking of cool wheels, I love the DA in your sig (yours?). It's so refreshing to see a big car on small wheels with meaty tires. Well done.

So a car update:

After all the time spent driving out to get, sand blasting, cleaning, and painting the new transmission case I found out yesterday IT'S THE WRONG ONE. Of course, they are identical on the outside and I only discovered this once I split my old case. Apparently there were 3214613248971237 transmissions made for an Integra from 1989-1993. Did not know. You may be thinking "well just use the new trans anyway". Unfortunately I can't. The input shafts are different so I'd need a new clutch disk. I can't swap input shafts because the internals of the two transmissions are utterly dissimilar.

Today will be spent cobbling together the old cracked one. Now that it's out of the car I can weld it properly. Here we go. I'll get some pictures up soon. I left my camera in the shop last night...

Builds:

Comment

• Alright, here are a couple pictures of my day yesterday.

Firstly, we have the current state of the underside of my car. It's also very dirty. You can see the glob of JB weld on the front of the transmission. However it looks like my skid plate is holding up well!

And after an hour-ish the transmission is out.

Because I was hosed on the new trans, I split the cases of the old one, wleded the crack from the inside, ground it smooth, and put the halves back together.

The car is all back together at this point and I drove it up and down the driveway a couple times. No leaks! We're back in business.

Builds:

Comment

• so the motor came from a DA, you still running obd0? im ripping the b16 out of mine cuz i want something other than my oil pan to be the lowest thing on the car. putting in a y7 and flopping the dpfi on it for now. just picked up a si tranny, complete intake, full harness, and a bumper cover for 150 bucks last weekend. im in harrisburg pa, and im looking for interior pieces. (i have one of the lucky gutted cars) -_- your interior is soooooo clean! very nice looking car sir, an inspiration to us car revivers.
                    Current project: 1981 kz550 hard tail ideas
                    1991 civic hatch (stock monster truck daily)
                    1990 civic hatch (stancy bullshit)
                    1990 civic hatch (go fast build)

Comment

• Originally posted by M.Doban View Post
                      Thank you, sir. I was a bit wary at first too. Speaking of cool wheels, I love the DA in your sig (yours?). It's so refreshing to see a big car on small wheels with meaty tires. Well done.
                      Thanks! And ya, she's been my pride and joy for the last 7 years now. Ironically enough the wheels are 16x8 with 205/45's. I just kind of wung it for sizes and hoped they fit and it turned out perfectly for what I was going for.

Also I thought the only difference between YS1 transmissions was that from 90-91 had a smaller pilot bearing than the 92-93's (except for the short geared YS1's from the GS-Rs). I ran into that issue when I did my clutch years ago and had to go out and source a different bearing/clutch alignment tool.
                      Last edited by DeltaAlpha9; 05-11-2014, 03:19 AM.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

• So why has I not read this thread before? This explains perfectly why 'Murica is also so epic... Its just you.
                        Should've read this earlier. Stupid me
                        Cant wait to see... stuff happen to this!
                        Originally posted by aLaFleur

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Comment

• Haha! Man I haven't posted on this site in a while. Thanks! Also thank you for making my thread hit 20 pages. That's pretty rad.

Not much has happened with the Honda but a lot has happened with the 'Murica build that I haven't actually posted up. I will soon though!

Builds:

Comment

• Well honestly, the Honda has been mostly sitting for quite a few months. I hop in and drive it into town every few weeks but that's all I've done to the thing. It's really sad. It's sorta falling apart too. I need to replace the rockers on both sides as they are showing their age (no rot yet but soon enough)... the passenger inner CV boot has a tear and is flinging that God-awful grease everywhere, the valvecover is hitting the hood and putting a visible bump on the outside, the starter (or something) is being finicky and seems to absolutely NEED 13.5+ volts to start, it's missing a couple center caps, the wiring job I did at 15 is not even close to my current standards, and the whole thing just needs repainted badly.

I'm not getting rid of it...not even close... I just have no time anymore. But yayy! I have some good news! It is most definitely applicable to this thread as my love life seems to be just as much a part of it as my car. I'm going to propose to the best girl EVER (friends, don't tell her. Don't you dare). That's pretty cool. I've got the ring and everything. It's coming really soon.
                            With that said, I doubt I'll be working on this car anytime in the near future. It'll probably go under a cover in the garage and hibernate for several years. I have no idea. Honestly, my sights have been set higher in recent years. I want something from the very early 20th century and useless amounts of horsepower. So yeah. It's a sad post for sure, but also pretty bloody exciting at the same time. I have no idea what will happen to this car...I really don't. I always wanted to have it featured in something before it went away but oh well. Nevertheless, I want to thank every single one of you who have supported The car and myself over the years and followed along in this build. You guys are awesome and I loved hearing how my car was an inspiration to your own builds... after all, that's one of the main things that keeps the automotive culture alive and in the end it's all I really ever wanted.

Last edited by M.Doban; 06-26-2014, 09:55 PM.

Builds:

Comment

• Congrats man! Officially the best white buffalo hunter.
                              1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                              1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

• This thread is temping me too keep my B series.. mmhh
                                But i've been ruined already ! , I love stance cars ! and this site doesn't help.

Very sweet build man done right and simple
                                Camberglerz
                                SedanKingz
                                Instagram: @thee_blackmann

Comment

Working...
                                X