My ED6... weekend racer on a budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by philohlean View Post
    As a rule of thumb I **** civics, but I respect the hell out of yours. Nothing I can even criticize about it.
    Sidenote: I know of two Micah's on this planet, you and he are both from Pennsylvania.
    WOW. That was a hardcore compliment. Thanks so much, friend!

No way?! That's pretty rad. There's not many of us out there. What's his last name if you don't mind? I know a couple here in PA. PM me if you'd rather.

Originally posted by OhTyy View Post
    Hey what was your spring rates in the picture with the rotas? And did you have Koni yellows with GC coils on?
    The springs used while the rotas were on the car were just ebay coil sleeves (unknown rates) and stock shocks. Sorry, I can't help you much there.

And since this is mostly a whatever I feel like posting thread, I'll show you all my INSANELY COOL daily.

Just kidding it's pretty boring.

I'm in the process of putting a 2" lift on it as I type this (add-a-leaf. No block garbage)
    Yes, I realize going up is the wrong direction.

Everything else is stock except for the 30" tires, dream catcher, and Cherokee blanket on the back seat.

...also I captured the white buffalo nbd.
    Last edited by M.Doban; 01-14-2014, 07:59 PM.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

• Originally posted by M.Doban View Post

...also I captured the white buffalo nbd.
      A congrats are in order.
      Sup. Call me Z.
      My Accord "build".

Comment

• Congrats on the hunt! Lolz.
        1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
        1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

• was going to make some ignorant comment about white buffaloes on fb, but you're a big game hunter now
          Originally posted by Stupid Kid
          You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

• Congratulations.
            Must have been quite the hunt.

Comment

• The last ten pages of this thread are kind of a clusterfuck, but an entertaining clusterfuck.

This car is astonishingly fast and I enjoy everything you have done to it.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

• Thank you sir ^^

Time to drag the thread out of the attic. I did things.

I disassembled, cleaned, and sand blasted the tranny I had bought a few pages back. Then I pressure washed all the sand out of it. I had to pull the Honda out of the garage to get to the pressure washer. It hasn't run since November and the motor didn't even turn over once before she fired right up. I love this car.

So here's a phone pic of the trans post-sandblast.

And here it is with some lovely coats of primer and silver.

And finally the internals which I doubt I'll be using. I'll compare them to the current ones, but I have a feeling those will be in better condition. Anyways, this didn't turn out bad for a $25 transmission! Rad. Micah out.

Builds:

Comment

• Inspiring. Love the build good sir. Even if the springlesprangle isn't quite there.
                  Stay wide my friends. @samthedandy

Comment

• Have you gone through a transmission before Micah? I have to do mine this summer, and it's intimidating even to me.

Glad to see you're keeping the blue dinosaur running.
                    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                    Originally posted by Ollie
                    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaguerrotypeI View Post
                      Inspiring. Love the build good sir. Even if the springlesprangle isn't quite there.
                      Thanks! It wasn't really built to shred tire sidewalls though. I like going fast.

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                      Have you gone through a transmission before Micah? I have to do mine this summer, and it's intimidating even to me.

Glad to see you're keeping the blue dinosaur running.
                      This will be my fourth trip through a manual trans. Once you go through an auto, manuals seem like Tinker Toys.

If this is the Prelude you're talking about, don't sweat it. The gear sets come out in big stacks like this...you just lift them out (unlike German cars....). From there I would recommend taking pictures of EACH step as you disassemble the gear sets as well as making a diagram of all the washers and shims. Once you do it the first time, you'll see how easy it is though. Just take your time!

Thanks, Chris. She'll run again. And now that I have another daily, I'm aiming to go 10's in full street trim this summer. We'll see how that plays out. I wanted to take it to the Ohio Mile but the cost of the safety equipment to do 175+ mph is just too much.
                      Last edited by M.Doban; 03-01-2014, 07:24 AM.

Builds:

Comment

• I want to take my tranny apart. Never have. But now I have 3 taking up space on my floor. Which one in the pic is the noisy ISB? Top left?
                        DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                        E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

• Well there aren't any input shaft bearings in these pictures. And there weren't any noisy ones in the trans. It had to come apart because 6 teeth were stripped off the final drive and I need to put my LSD in.

Builds:

Comment

• Andddd with that I am done. It took a couple days but I have officially read every post from everyone on this entire build. Ugh real talk, I followed you on instagram like an hour ago, can we be pals?
                            Stay wide my friends. @samthedandy

Comment

• Thank you. Haha! Sure why not.

Builds:

Comment

• This is definitely one of the best builds on here. Low and bitchin fast. I love that you got to build cars when you were young. I sorta did but i just learned basic mechanics and just now i'm starting to play with more engine work but i got suspension down and its one of my favorite things to build. Wish i had the money for a second car like a honda just to play around with. LONG LIVE THIS BUILD!

@finalbossjosh

Comment

Working...
                                X