No announcement yet.

My ED6... weekend racer on a budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh wow, these pictures look terrible! Oh well.

Stuart, I think it just looks like that in the pictures because they're all close-ups. In real life everything is super small and there's not much poke. Heck, you have more than I do. I like it anyways though.

Thanks floatingdomino. It's actually not. At least as far as pulling it out and back into the garage is concerned. I haven't driven it yet.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

• Dat meat stance tho.
      Sup. Call me Z.
      My Accord "build".

Comment

• If it's not rubbing, I'd say it's got the perfect amount of springlesprangle.

Also I've not heard "floatingdomino" before.
        Originally posted by Stupid Kid
        You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

• Me gusta.

I kind of have to agree with Stuart, you're on the verge of too much poke for my tastes as well. It doesn't look like it can't be dialed in with a tiny bit more of camber, though.

I applaud your use of wide tires for good fitment though- instead of stretching 165's, you're like "nah fuck that".
          BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
          Originally posted by Ollie
          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• floatingdino: HA! Sorry, dude, I must have just glanced at your name and that's what my mind saw. Also thank you!

Monster: I do agree that it's right on the edge. I can do some fab work to get more camber in the rear but the fronts are not going anywhere. Upper control arms are both too expensive and would hit my shock towers.

Builds:

Comment

• Originally posted by M.Doban View Post
              Upper control arms are both too expensive and would hit my shock towers.
              No notch of the towers in your future? With the appropriate covers of course.
              Sup. Call me Z.
              My Accord "build".

Comment

• I have not doubt you'll dial it in. I'm glad you're leaving the front camber alone though, your power output warrants needing traction.

Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post
                No notch of the towers in your future? With the appropriate covers of course.
                Not a bad idea. Front UCA's are expensive for older Hondas though.
                BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                Originally posted by Ollie
                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                  Not a bad idea. Front UCA's are expensive for older Hondas though.
                  Even the newer stuff, believe me. I have no intentions of ever getting them myself. Even at a 3" drop, I only have -1.7 in front which surprised the hell out of me. That just means moar lows are in my future.
                  Sup. Call me Z.
                  My Accord "build".

Comment

• I'm still waiting for the first fitted car on crazy wide drag slicks. Get on it, Micah

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• Man, I really wish I could quote.

No, there's no notch in the future. The pan and trans are already 1 1/4" from the pavement. The UCA's smack only every once in a while but I have a feeling the aftermarket ones would smack constantly. I'm just not going to mess with it.

Well. This whole endeavor was a total bust. I am livid with myself. You know how they say to measure twice, cut once? Well I may have measured twice... but in the wrong spot. I only measure the clearance from the TOP of the tire to the fender. Not the side. I didn't even make it down the driveway without completely destroying my tire. Basically if my suspension compresses at all in the rear, everything but the very top of my tire digs into the body.

Also yes. It looks terrible in my eyes. I think last night I was all hyped on that "I put money into it so that means it has to be an improvement" mindset.

But it really came down to the fact that there is just no way I could drive it like this. So I was forced to take the spacers off. And now my car looks like a literal pile of feces on account of the fenders being pulled.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this? Maybe like a 10mm spacer? I clearly have no idea what I'm doing.

edit: the pictures seem to make it look better than it is in real life.

Builds:

Comment

• For the quote, do you get a blank screen with the two grey bars that would normally show up but nothing to enter text? If so, scroll to the right. Its been happening to me lately. Don't know why.
                        As for the pull, that sucks dude that you can't use the added width now. I'd say to try 15mm spacers rather than the 25's you have now. How much space between sidewall and fenders currently?
                        Sup. Call me Z.
                        My Accord "build".

Comment

• Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post
                          For the quote, do you get a blank screen with the two grey bars that would normally show up but nothing to enter text? If so, scroll to the right. Its been happening to me lately. Don't know why.
                          As for the pull, that sucks dude that you can't use the added width now. I'd say to try 15mm spacers rather than the 25's you have now. How much space between sidewall and fenders currently?
                          THANK YOU. Yes, that was the problem.

I don't actually know but I can find out.

Builds:

Comment

• Glad I could help with the quote issue and here's to hoping you figure out the spacer problem as well.
                            Sup. Call me Z.
                            My Accord "build".

Comment

• Originally posted by M.Doban View Post
                              Man, I really wish I could quote.

No, there's no notch in the future. The pan and trans are already 1 1/4" from the pavement. The UCA's smack only every once in a while but I have a feeling the aftermarket ones would smack constantly. I'm just not going to mess with it.

Well. This whole endeavor was a total bust. I am livid with myself. You know how they say to measure twice, cut once? Well I may have measured twice... but in the wrong spot. I only measure the clearance from the TOP of the tire to the fender. Not the side. I didn't even make it down the driveway without completely destroying my tire. Basically if my suspension compresses at all in the rear, everything but the very top of my tire digs into the body.

Also yes. It looks terrible in my eyes. I think last night I was all hyped on that "I put money into it so that means it has to be an improvement" mindset.

But it really came down to the fact that there is just no way I could drive it like this. So I was forced to take the spacers off. And now my car looks like a literal pile of feces on account of the fenders being pulled.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this? Maybe like a 10mm spacer? I clearly have no idea what I'm doing.

edit: the pictures seem to make it look better than it is in real life.
                              this is because you see it every day, i have the same problem thinking my cars not low and my towers are cut and the UCA lays on the body. i have to remind myself of this all the time
                              Hi, I'm Chris and i drive a Miata
                              ASS & KITTIES

Comment

• Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post
                                Glad I could help with the quote issue and here's to hoping you figure out the spacer problem as well.
                                CrackerTeg, I love you. You told me 15mm and well, it looks lovely.

Sorry to the people that read my last rant post. I was just so frustrated. I was also having a bad day today. For breakfast I didn't get any strawberries in my Strawberry Special K. Like what the heck? So I went to get a hair cut. That made me feel lots better. The I came home and dug out some random nuts that were exactly 15mm wide and tested them on the car. I think it looks heaps better and also does a good job of filling out the fenders. Suggestions for dialing it in? Also! Does anyone have any 15mm hub centric bolt on spacers for a Honda!

Rear

Front

This is where I'm having a problem. The tire is definitely going to touch here even with 15mm's. Should I roll it or would that look silly from the outside? Help a newbie out yo.

Last edited by M.Doban; 06-07-2013, 01:52 PM.

Builds:

Comment

Working...
                                X