No announcement yet.

In search of stance: my 99 grand prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ssei pretty much has the same motor as the gtp and people will sometimes swap the whole motor. But usually for people like me with the gt, top swap is the better route. The s/c motors have different top end components from the non s/c so its more work that just bolting on a supercharger but swaping over the top end stuff gives a little more power because the non s/c motors are higher compression. I plan on doing it in the future, the hardest part is finding someone to tune it correctly and my trans is kinda weak right now

Comment

• Originally posted by bakerdd View Post
      The ssei pretty much has the same motor as the gtp and people will sometimes swap the whole motor. But usually for people like me with the gt, top swap is the better route. The s/c motors have different top end components from the non s/c so its more work that just bolting on a supercharger but swaping over the top end stuff gives a little more power because the non s/c motors are higher compression. I plan on doing it in the future, the hardest part is finding someone to tune it correctly and my trans is kinda weak right now
      Oh okay, thanks. It just crossed my mind to ask.

If you're looking for someone to tune it, I'm sure the friend of mine would know someone in your area that would be decent. If you ever need contact with him just let me know. I'd be glad to help. This is real unique, and you did it right!
      IG: @kyle_eagleton

Comment

• Okay, yeah i'll let you know. Thanks man!

Comment

• Yea man I feel you. Im the only one witha G5 in my town that mods it haha. By bud has a gtp though and is more performance route but does want to lower it. What coilovers do you have?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• omfg....

I love this shit..

when someone takes an ordinary fuck it and junk it car. and turns it into something where you have people smacking their heads trying to figure out what it is. I love that shit man!! your car is so fucking awesome.

like everyone else, I was like oh a fucking pontiac... and now I am like thats a fucking pontiac?!
            dude congrats on your car, you have a ride no one else does.

damn, slamming it really brings out those smooth lines also... hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Crav3 View Post
              Yea man I feel you. Im the only one witha G5 in my town that mods it haha. By bud has a gtp though and is more performance route but does want to lower it. What coilovers do you have?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
              haha I'm about the only Pontiac in my area too. Its on bags now but I used to have the coilovers that zzp sells but I ordered them straight from the guy who builds them.

Originally posted by corolllin View Post
              omfg....

I love this shit..

when someone takes an ordinary fuck it and junk it car. and turns it into something where you have people smacking their heads trying to figure out what it is. I love that shit man!! your car is so fucking awesome.

like everyone else, I was like oh a fucking pontiac... and now I am like thats a fucking pontiac?!
              dude congrats on your car, you have a ride no one else does.

damn, slamming it really brings out those smooth lines also... hahaha
              hahaha reading all of that was hilarious, thank you man

Comment

• So there i was in my nightly insomniatic herpderp state trolling through stanceworks...happened upon the thread. I'm thinking MEH. Its a Pontiac. Used to have a 92 Bonneville with that 3.8 so I was like EXTRA MEH.

Holy Shit Batman.

The bags and fitment is onpoint. Very clean car, sucks to hear about all the mishaps. I have been looking at a beater car forawhile. Saw one of these cheap but turned down to no lowering options. I stand corrected

Comment

• You've come a long way and obviously learned a lot. Way to go dude. Looking good. That rear stance is on point right now.
                  My build thread
                  http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46573

INSTAGRAM @ARTWORKBYLOCALLOU

Comment

• I didn't think a grand prix could look this good

Sent from my HTC 3D using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• This is awesome.

I'm using your car as a reference for my friends 04 Grand Am

Comment

• trunk is nice, but man that sub would perform so much better infinite baffle

Comment

• Wow just went through the thread wasn't sure how the car was gonna turn out and I'm very impressed

Comment

• Everyone keeps doing these oddball builds and I'm loving it. Keep kicking ass with the out of the ordinary car man!

1983 528e, 230,xxx miles, Alpine weiss. M20B25 swapped
                            my tumblr.
                            What the f**k is a build thread?

Comment

• hats off to you sir, great job.

now the question is, does anyone have the guts to slam a dodge intrepid?
                              i don't use a computer for music, Strictly HARDware, Cassettes, Vinyl, Samplers and Drum-Machines.

https://soundcloud.com/baphcat

Comment

• Originally posted by aeok18109 View Post
                                So there i was in my nightly insomniatic herpderp state trolling through stanceworks...happened upon the thread. I'm thinking MEH. Its a Pontiac. Used to have a 92 Bonneville with that 3.8 so I was like EXTRA MEH.

Holy Shit Batman.

The bags and fitment is onpoint. Very clean car, sucks to hear about all the mishaps. I have been looking at a beater car forawhile. Saw one of these cheap but turned down to no lowering options. I stand corrected
                                Thanks! It probably was a good idea turning down that gp, the lowering options really do suck haha. They can get pretty quick for pretty cheap though, some people are in the 11's and 12's

Originally posted by LOCALTHIRTEEN View Post
                                You've come a long way and obviously learned a lot. Way to go dude. Looking good. That rear stance is on point right now.
                                Thank you, nothing like learning from your mistakes I cant wait to get a chance later on to approach building a better platform

Originally posted by TheTynosaur View Post
                                I didn't think a grand prix could look this good

Sent from my HTC 3D using Tapatalk 2
                                Thanks!

Originally posted by NOSHO View Post
                                This is awesome.

I'm using your car as a reference for my friends 04 Grand Am
                                Thanks! I haven't seen a grand am done up yet but I'd like to see it

Originally posted by edzyy View Post
                                trunk is nice, but man that sub would perform so much better infinite baffle
                                Thanks! I'm not great with audio stuff though and a quick google of infinite baffle still left me unsure of what it is haha

Originally posted by StocktonMk3Golf View Post
                                Wow just went through the thread wasn't sure how the car was gonna turn out and I'm very impressed
                                Thank you!

Originally posted by nickskater09 View Post
                                Everyone keeps doing these oddball builds and I'm loving it. Keep kicking ass with the out of the ordinary car man!
                                Thank you! It's definitely been a headache during some points but I'm happy to see people are liking what I've done! And its cool to always be the only person with this car at meets

Originally posted by FunkyWagon View Post
                                hats off to you sir, great job.

now the question is, does anyone have the guts to slam a dodge intrepid?
                                Thank you! I can say I've ever seen a slammed intrepid haha

Comment

Working...
                                X