Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fred802 View Post
    Awesome car.

It would be awesome if you could make it up to Wolfsgart this year! At last year's there was only 5 Mercs, hopefully this year there will be more

http://wolfsgart.com/

it looks like a great time, but it's 6+ hours away. i'll keep it on the calendar but doubtful about driving up.

also i drove my car (well pushed it out of the garage) but once outside, started right up and after some adjustments it made a k turn and backed into the garage like a champ. i have pictures. see next post....

build thread?

Comment

• so it looks like i might actually get to drive this thing this weekend.
      whatever...
      pictures:

the rear currently doesn't go all the way down cause the god damn wheel is in the way and i didn't want to hammer anymore. don't really mind where it sits.

i think the front looks really sweet, i don't know the offset ummm zero-ish.

and thats with the shock installed. kyb 343147 the rear shock out of the back or a 356 porsche and a 79 1.6l corolla wagon. weird that they both use the same shock.

this next part should really get it's own post.

my car never ran great, i had the solex off before and after inspecting it, it was garbage. so i went on the internet to find a new solex 4a1. it turns out that all solex 4a1 carbs are junk. so i search, and search, and i find the carb kit i want but company x wants $800 for a carb kit and will not sell the installation hardware separately nor let me see the installation instructions. so long story short, i get a holley 4160 carb of ebay for $120, spent $40 on fuel fittings, $20 on a choke cable and a little time with the drill press and boom. the car never purred like this before, it's like a whole new car.

suck it trebek

build thread?

Comment

• You should make a DIY with parts list for this carb conversion, looks pretty sweet.
        The stance looks nice, really like your car, although I used to **** the fronted of it. How's the turn radius?

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

• Love this build! big respect for making your own brackets for the bags i know how much of a nightmare it can be!

Comment

• Could this be more perfect?
            Yes, maybe a little bit. But not much.
            Originally posted by Stupid Kid
            You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

• Read this all.
              Just amazing!.
              So much work for a sweet looking ride!!!!

Comment

• Looking great....do you mind If steal some pics for my FB page? I'm learning that these old Mercs are precision machines, fixing a worn out part makes a huge difference, just like that carb
                Check out my Alfa restoration here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l...7WzTiNj8Xy6C4A

Comment

• It's soo pretty.
                  <3

Comment

• I realy love mercedes, old or new,

and i realy, realy like this one! =D

Comment

• Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
                      You should make a DIY with parts list for this carb conversion, looks pretty sweet.
                      The stance looks nice, really like your car, although I used to **** the frontend of it. How's the turn radius?
                      the carb. diy i will work on, but it's going to take some time. as of right now, i'm trying to find a shop that will give it an alinement before sunday, then the wife says i can take it out sunday morning. so unsure how its going to perform.

Originally posted by lowbenz View Post
                      Love this build! big respect for making your own brackets for the bags i know how much of a nightmare it can be!
                      thanks man, your car is coming along very nicely as well.

Originally posted by floatingdino View Post
                      Could this be more perfect?
                      Yes, maybe a little bit. But not much.
                      thanks i'm still working on the little bit part.

Originally posted by JonnyBoi View Post
                      Read this all.
                      Just amazing!.
                      So much work for a sweet looking ride!!!!
                      thumbs up

Originally posted by A4crn View Post
                      Looking great....do you mind If steal some pics for my FB page? I'm learning that these old Mercs are precision machines, fixing a worn out part makes a huge difference, just like that carb
                      totally, i love your benz build up page, the french cartoon stuff is awesome.

Originally posted by SheaMoose View Post
                      It's soo pretty.
                      <3
                      your so sweet

Originally posted by D.Gillberg View Post
                      I realy love mercedes, old or new,

and i realy, realy like this one! =D
                      thanks man.

build thread?

Comment

• today my car started, stalled and would not restart. i removed the top plate of the carb and upon inspection i found the carb float highly damaged and out of adjustment. see last night i was partying a little to hard in the garage and i wanted to put the air cleaner on so i must have tried threading studs into the vent tube for at least five minutes before realizing its the vent tube. so bummer...i did drill a hole in the brass float, pushed out the crushed sections of the float with a small allen key and am currently trying to silicone the hole shut, i first tried soldering the hole shut to no avail. i was really looking forward to driving it this weekend. i fucked with it for like 4 hours today, i'm not happy about the problem.

build thread?

Comment

• drinking + working on cars = never a good idea.
                          Always sucks when you're ready to take the miss for a drive and she wont move from her resting place.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

• the car made it to the stop sign about 20 feet from my garage. new part should be here by weds.

build thread?

Comment

• That's a good start!

Comment

• Bitcoin drop to $70, that sucks. anyways...

yeah it's alittle dusty but it idles smooth and starts right up after a new float and some bending of the vent reed. i'll check back sunday.

(don't mind that gouge in the driveway)

build thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X