No announcement yet.

'73 mercedes 280, gas, blue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I've spent more time cleaning my engine bay of 30+ years of grime on my 115 than anything else on the car. Can't wait to pull my subframes and do all the bushings, have other projects ahead of the Benz though.

Cars looking good! Keep up the good work

Comment

• Old low mercs is one of the prettiest things in the world!
      wait..what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zman86 View Post
        I think I've spent more time cleaning my engine bay of 30+ years of grime on my 115 than anything else on the car. Can't wait to pull my subframes and do all the bushings, have other projects ahead of the Benz though.

Cars looking good! Keep up the good work
        i pulled the subframe thinking it was going to be quick easy, $80 for the subframe bushing kit and be done with it. the more i inspect the more it looks like i'm going to be replacing: lower control arm bushings, center link, tie rods, steering stablizer, shocks (stay tuned for this one!), motor mounts, brake lines, and brake pads. after that i'm hoping i don't need to touch anything front end for awhile.

build thread?

Comment

• Hoping is the key word. I normally hope for the same thing . how many miles are you at anyway ?
          C280 Build Thread
          C43 ///AMG Build Thread
          E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

• i have just over 130,000 miles.

build thread?

Comment

• pm me back. haha

or email me.

kyledupreez at gmail dot com

Comment

• Damn thats a nice benz
                MKV build thread

Comment

• Sexy benz man!

Comment

• I plan to do something with my w114 coupe soon.
                    Your car looks amazing, i genuinely believe since you have taken the suspension a part so many times to do DIY for the rest of us incapable of such an activity.
                    i love the fact you can bring the car down low and raise to any height you want when need it.

I vote for DIY step by step with the parts used. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by kavadarci View Post
                      I plan to do something with my w114 coupe soon.
                      Your car looks amazing, i genuinely believe since you have taken the suspension a part so many times to do DIY for the rest of us incapable of such an activity.
                      i love the fact you can bring the car down low and raise to any height you want when need it.

I vote for DIY step by step with the parts used. :-)
                      step one buy my spring compressors
                      step two remove spring
                      step three install bag
                      step four party

step one is really the most important part, plus i have a sweet way of safely removing the front springs i'll be willing to share.

edit: i'll be putting the front end back together once the subframe is ready and will add more details as my car goes back together.
                      Last edited by bobbyjones; 01-24-2013, 12:47 PM.

build thread?

Comment

• Can't wait to see what's next...I should be starting my mine soon, but first things first I need to finish the motor !
                        Check out my Alfa restoration here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l...7WzTiNj8Xy6C4A

Comment

• Love this car

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyjones View Post
                            your car next to the yellow one just shows how much work as went into that car over the years, it looks amazingly clean. i still follow your thread on vortex and get jealous from time to time.
                            does anyone know who is the person with the beige W115? thank you.

Comment

• feb 1st, no fucken subframe...i know, i'm bummed too that it's still not done but truth be told i haven't got motor mounts or subframe mounts so even if it was all done the car would still be on jack stands and even if it wasn't on jack stands it would still just sit in the garage. any who i found this lovely repair

half way fixed

it's the little things that make me happy and at least the garage is clean.

build thread?

Comment

• Boom! after about a month i have a a shinny new subframe. hopefully things get moving soon.... upon inspection that is the worst picture ever...sorry. i can assure you the subframe modifications are sweet..

maybe if i put some tape on it you can see it better

anyways you get the idea, plus the bottom is flat and the front section is now boxed. plus it looks brand new which is impressing me more then the massive amounts of bag clearance.
                                Last edited by bobbyjones; 02-08-2013, 09:23 PM.

build thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X