X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bobbyjones View Post
    hey, is your motor raised?
    It is now. 1"

On another note, I can't decide on wheels... I can't really think of anything that's going to look good on the car without ripping off someone else or breaking the bank. I have one set in mind but i'll be damned if I can find them in 5x112... This is just me rambling by the way. I'm tired of having to think about it in my head. It's lonely in there...
    IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
      It is now. 1"

On another note, I can't decide on wheels... I can't really think of anything that's going to look good on the car without ripping off someone else or breaking the bank. I have one set in mind but i'll be damned if I can find them in 5x112... This is just me rambling by the way. I'm tired of having to think about it in my head. It's lonely in there...

did you put a spacer between the trans mount and the cross member?

with my wheels i'm running adapters. 5x120.65 wheels are much easier to find at a good price.

build thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyjones View Post
        did you put a spacer between the trans mount and the cross member?

with my wheels i'm running adapters. 5x120.65 wheels are much easier to find at a good price.
        No I just spaced the motor mounts.

And I'll probably have to do the same on the wheels because I don't think these were made in 5x112.

Comment

• Well I have no updates except that I still despise this car's every fiber. I put ANOTHER new alternator on it yesterday. YAAAAAY charging issue is solved!

And then it ate a belt 10 minutes later and left me on the side of the road. This makes like the threehundredtheleventymillionth time it's picked it's own parking spot on the side of the road. I **** it... I **** it so much in fact, that I'm going to fix it again just to spite it. Stupid car...

Oh and I got a new toy too. Picked it up last week and parts are starting to roll in for it now.

So other than that, I guess you all should just feel sorry for me because my car is an asshole.

Comment

• I want to see the ruckus lowered!!

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
            Originally posted by nickskater09
            I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

• Hard luck buddy!!!

Sound like the wagon.. gAh i'm glad i got a new car lol

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by milano_red View Post
                I want to see the ruckus lowered!!
                Oh it is coming. I've had it a week and a half and I've already spent more in parts than I paid for the whole thing. Talk about a waste of money haha

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                Hard luck buddy!!!

Sound like the wagon.. gAh i'm glad i got a new car lol
                Yea it's always nice to know you're going to get where you're headed everyday huh?

Comment

• OMGsh! yeah, like no more surprise bent valves (wood knock), a/c works every time, starts every time... all it's missing is lows with wheels

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Well you buy the parts and we'll make it happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                      I **** it so much in fact, that I'm going to fix it again just to spite it. Stupid car...
                      This makes me happy, it's something I would do(have done). Except I would have a sarcastic, bitter conversation with my car at the same time to let it know what it's in for and how it shall act.

Comment

• I tend to threaten mine in the process... and then it breaks again. I'm starting to see a pattern here. hmmm

Comment

• ^^^ hahahah

when i installed my coilovers i think my car went to therapy for all the verbal abuse i put it through.

1996 Cadillac Deville Build Thread

Lancer Build Thread

Elantra Build Thread [car is no more ]

Comment

• Lol

Once apon-a-time world famous Photochopper
                            http://zammothechoppa.deviantart.com/ : )

Comment

• And the saga continues...

Play this garbage now.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xg3vE8Ie_E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xg3vE8Ie_E[/ame]

Friday I hopped on the Ruckus and went to go get a new belt. So far the easiest thing I've ever done involving this car. I almost ran over a chipmunk on the way home, but don't worry I missed him. Lucky little fella. Anyways, I spent about two hours replacing the belt since all the other belts have to come off, I had to eat lunch, **** the car, talk to the neighbor's kids about putting "fire on the back of our go cart?!", and ****** the car. Yes, I had to **** it twice while I changed the belt. Jumped the car off, runs good, belt doesn't shred, alt is charging... Success! At this point I feel like i've replaced enough parts on the car that I should really be good for a while. It's going to be nice to be able to just drive it for a while and enjoy it.

But no... There will be no enjoying this car because now it's overheating. I **** you car. Truly I do. Turns out I just had a bad leak that needed to be fixed which put me right back into feeling good about the car again. Did some hose surgery and now the ole ass hole is happy again.

Get up Sunday morning to go to a meet about a hour and 45 minutes from home. Meet up with some buddies and hit the interstate.

Everything was going great and I was really having a blast rolling with everyone, but staying true to it's roots... clunk clunk clunk clunk bam bam bam... Oh you having fun driving me? Here lets trash a cv joint real quick! Thanks ass hole...

I decided since the car wanted to be a dick head, so would I. I finished my hour drive I had left ahead of me and had a blast at the meet. Talked to people, blew fire balls, and blew some more fire. Then out of pure spite, i'm driving you home, you dick.

So the good news is I made it all the way home. The bad news is the car is a bigger dick than I am and let the cv joint explode on the interstate and the trip home was made on a roll back haha

Luke's canopy really came in handy while we were waiting on the truck since i'm battling some window switch issues.

There was one big obstacle left in getting the car home. The tow truck driver who insisted the car would never go on the truck. "it's going to drag the whole bottom of the car!" after I assured him it would be no worse than the abuse the bottom of the car gets just from driving it he reluctantly drug it up onto the truck.

Then we all loaded up in Luke's car and headed back for Conyers.

And home it is now. We have a love **** relationship. We love to **** each other apparently. A true love story...

Comment

• I love reading every update you post, you and your car are like an old married couple.
                                The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
                                Originally posted by Dubway5887
                                I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

Working...
                                X