No announcement yet.

1976 911s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First off thank you all for the kind words. It helps make me less lazy so I actually take pictures and post haha. And sorry for the long post.

So I spent the last few nights installing the control arms and pulling the tie rods so I can space them out. I've caught whatever bug is going around and I've been too sick to get much done. I'm at the track this weekend and it'd be nice to drive this out there for a shake down. We'll see if I get it done in time!

Here is where I was at a couple of nights ago. Everything should be back together today with better geometry and the camber should be adjustable between 2-5 degrees now. It also sucks working in my garage again since there is no room and I never intended to work on cars in there haha.

In my never ending question to cut weight I picked up a set of fiberglass 1/4 panels.

Originally posted by btober View Post
    best build ever & my fave car to follow on instagram <3
    Thanks Brian, I really appreciate it. Awesome instagram and tumblr btw.

Originally posted by jrcanes55 View Post
    This thing is amazing. So well done. I just wish you weren't so busy! haha
    Thank you very much! If only there were more hours in the day lol

Originally posted by brum View Post
    Hnnnggg this car.

I'm really digging the wooden beams/ceiling and brick design of the shop. I guess being a structural engineer's son does that to ya.

What's next with the car? Just track it how it is or further modifications?
    Thanks, the shop is beautiful. I'm very fortunate to work in such a great environment.

Originally posted by Rannem View Post
    Love this ongoing project! The fact that you make something that works, rather all bling and shiny stuff makes me happy

Keep it up! And more pics..
    Thank you. In the words of the great Ferdinand Porsche "My cars were meant to be driven no polished".

Originally posted by AccordEuro View Post
    There are spoilers on the top of spoilers, no rear bar, coils and just a generally cool vehicle.

This is freaking awesome, I love it!
    There is 1 wing and 1 spoiler And thank you for the kind words.

Originally posted by andybob View Post
    A couple years ago I got some seat time in a '76 911. It was brought to the US from Germany and had the turbo widebody added on to it here in the US. The body was rough, the interior was shot, but mechanically it was sound. I'll never forget driving that thing, it was way too much fun. Ever since then I've always wanted an older 911, this thread really makes me want a 911 now. Absolutely love it.
    I experienced the same thing.

Originally posted by doug_e30 View Post
    i love this so much! any thought of doing the rest of the car in the martini livery to match the decklid?
    I've thought of it, but I have plans for the paint. Once I have that figured out I may do a small tribute livery.

Originally posted by Codarsnacht View Post
    An incredible piece of machinery, still looking as fresh faced and beautiful as it did in '76.

Subbed
    Originally posted by SLammed Hooptie View Post
    This is art! Nice to see it being put to use on the track!
    Originally posted by bigjoush View Post
    Awesome ride.
    Originally posted by M.Sam View Post
    Im so in love with this car. Perfect everything!
    Originally posted by superturbodiesel.com View Post
    Yes yes... YES!
    Thank you all!

Comment

• Such a beautiful car, like others, I also love following this on Instagram

Comment

• I <3 this car

Comment

• Originally posted by that911 View Post
          In my never ending question to cut weight I picked up a set of fiberglass 1/4 panels.
          isn't the car sitting at 2400-2600 as is?

Comment

• such a sick car...

Comment

Hi, I'm Amir and this is my '76 911S track car.

2 years ago I decided to sell my turbo Miata. It was a great car, but I decided I wanted a European car again. Originally the plan was to pick up a Boxster and turn it into a Spec Boxster. During that time I took a ride in a 911SC and decided I had to have a 911. After some searching I found a 911S that was a "turn key vintage racer". It sounded like a good car and I decided to buy it. 25 hours later I drove from CA to NM and came back with my dream car.

Here she is on the drive home and at her first meet.

After fresh fluids and quick once over I took her out to Buttonwillow for her first track day.

And again at Streets of Willow

The I put it on a lift and found out that the previous owner was a jackass and everything needed to be replaced. I went to work and in the mean time picked up some aero parts. After a couple of months and lots of parts underneath being replaced the car was ready to go again.

I wasn't a fan of the Remotecs and the narrow body, so I put on a set of CCWs with Hoosiers and 930 flares.

That brings us to today.

Here is the current list of modifications

1976 Porsche 911S
              Horsepower 240
              torque 230 ft lbs
              Weight 2100lbs

Engine and Transaxle

2.7 liter engine Porsche flat 6, case machined for case savers

Nikasil Cylinders

9.5:1 High compression JE pistons

Solex Cams

40IDA Weber carburetors

Magnacor Ignition Wires

Petronix ignition

Back dated '74 Porsche headers

Custom Sebring Exhaust

915 transaxle with a 7.31 r&p

Suspension and brakes

RSR Front Struts with Coil over conversion

Rebel Racing Custom body and valving Bilsteins with coil over conversion

Swift Springs (Extreme Time Attack contingency sponsor)

Tarret Engineering front Sway Bar

Tarret Engineering Monoball Camber Plates

Weltmeister adjustable rear sway bar

930 Tierods

Bump Steer kit

Elephant racing polybronze control arm bushings f&r

928S Front Brake kit and 930 Rear Brake kit

Stainless steel brake lines

Motul RBF600 fluid

Porterfield rs4r pads

Rennsport Systems Master Cylinder

Wheels:

Track - CCW Classics with Hoosier R6s

Street - Hartmann 3 Piece Twists with Hankook RS3s

Interior

Stack racing gauge Cluster

Autopower Roll bar

Bride Low Max

Sabelt harness

Key!s Racing Steering Wheel

AEM UEGO wideband

Bob Ashlock CHT Gauge

Hargett Precision pro shifter

Exterior:

GT Racing Carbon Fiber roof

TRE Motorsports 964 Turbo Front Bumper

TRE Motorsports 964 RSR front lip

custom front splitter mounted to the frame

Custom Canards (not installed)

964 turbo GT Racing Fiberglass Rear Bumper (not installed)

GT Racing 3.8RS deck lid with Banana wing

Rennspeed Turbo Flares

Exterior Kill Switch

9K racing Tow straps

and much more that I can't remember.

I have a lot of work left, an extra set of wheels to provide better fitment. I'm waiting on outers for those, and there are a slew of other parts waiting to be installed once I get the time. I hope to have this done in the next few months. I'll post updates here as they come along.

It will be lowered more, but the car has to be functional. I'll be sending the struts out so I can drop it another .5-1" and maintain the geometry. It also looks sky high since there are no skirts, rear bumper, or splitter on the car. It will have a much more finished appearance once I finish the suspension and get to the body work.
              You lost me at this post, was hoping to see a different direction than racecar

Comment

• Originally posted by CandySucker View Post

Comment

• looking good. im digging the new quarter panel piece.
                  IMG_20140729_210811 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

My build thread.http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33607
                  Instagram: MGRAND3

Comment

• Originally posted by CandySucker View Post
                    GTFO and learn how to internets
                    Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• he was expecting a hard parker lol
                      IMG_20140729_210811 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

My build thread.http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33607
                      Instagram: MGRAND3

Comment

• Awesome car. I love everything but the double wing setup. I'm sure it's functional on the track but it just looks odd. Would rather see something a bit cleaner. Is that a direct fit setup or something that was improvised/made to work?

Reminds me of this

Comment

• So everything is installed despite a few snags. I ran into a couple of issues after installing the control arms. I extended the arms 35mm which naturally pushed the wheels out 35mm. This ended up pushing the wheels out more than I thought and the front wheels wouldn't even roll. As you can see the flares were basically sitting on the tire.

This meant that I missed driving my car at a very fun track day with the bros.

Yesterday I bro lifted the front end and took the car to the shop for some cutting and sanding. I cut the lip of the fender out, raised the car 3/4" and then I took 3/16th's of an inch out of the verticle part of the fender lip to get more clearance. It makes the car look higher, but it's the price you pay for function I suppose.

Here it is able to roll.

I'm also buying a 912

Originally posted by rsingh3g View Post
                          Such a beautiful car, like others, I also love following this on Instagram
                          Thanks, is this Rush?

Originally posted by metalmonkey47 View Post
                          I <3 this car
                          Thanks!

Originally posted by CandySucker View Post
                          Well I just bought a 912 so maybe that will be more to your liking. Racecar is the only direction to go with a 911.

Originally posted by SLammed Hooptie View Post
                          isn't the car sitting at 2400-2600 as is?
                          It'd be overweight if that were the case haha. I think it's in the ball park of 2100 give or take 50 lbs. I should have it on scales soon.

Originally posted by Guy 260z View Post
                          such a sick car...
                          Thank you.

Originally posted by bostongrnM3 View Post
                          looking good. im digging the new quarter panel piece.
                          Thanks Miguel!

Originally posted by S14Pow View Post
                          Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                          GTFO and learn how to internets
                          lol thanks for the support.

Originally posted by ItsaCorolla View Post
                          Awesome car. I love everything but the double wing setup. I'm sure it's functional on the track but it just looks odd. Would rather see something a bit cleaner. Is that a direct fit setup or something that was improvised/made to work?

Reminds me of this
                          I've contemplated making a custom wing that was a cross between a shorter duck tail and a chassis mounted wing. The problem is that the 3.8 RSR wing is a direct bolt on and is very funtional. I'm worried about the side effects of changing it. I also am a fan of the way it looks since the 964 RSR's used them, but that's more of a personal preference.

Comment

• This car is so damn sick. Would do anything to own a car like this. Keep doing what ur doing

Comment

Yes it is. You do realize that most splitters on track cars are made of wood? The pretty CF ones that don't mount to the body are mainly for show. Despite this I'm still toying with the idea of making my own CF splitter. Composites are interesting. I just don't know if I have the time.
                              A little late, but no actually I didn't realize that. I have never taken a close look at a "proper" race/track car. I also wasn't trying to be critical, I was just surprised to see it. Makes sense though, wood is so durable and cheap, and the strength to weight is pretty great too. I love this build
                              God bless this mess

Comment

• Honestly, I&#8217;m beyond superlatives at this point. I&#8217;ve no idea how you guys keep delivering such a high standard every week. Simply put, it&#8217;s inspiring. This is also the first week where I&#8217;ve started to see #IAMTHESPEEDHUNTER live in the field, with images leaking in from the recent Rallye Monte Carlo. I&#8217;m just itching for &#8230;

You got featured!

Comment

Working...
                                X