98 Ford Ranger...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 Ford Ranger...

Bought this beauty(lol) just over a year ago for $1000 and have spent the last year just keeping up with maintenance and changing old and outdated parts.

(I have better pictures just need to upload)

Yes the door is smashed in, I bought it like that. The window and locks work and it opens fine.

Like I said Ive spent the last year mainly just driving it and keeping it up and good...
    Changed the tie rods, brake discs and pads, cold air intake, cut the exhaust, both oxygen sensors replaces and have an Optima battery.

The plan is to drop it as low as i can without bags or notching the frame, riding on roughly 18-19 inch wheels daily and 16 for track use with a surprise motor hopefully going in later this year.

Recently bought 2 inch spacers and got rid of the hideous chrome wheels(will post newer pics later this week)

Also was lucky enough to find a pretty nice set of Work Ewing 3s...just need adapters and they could go on the truck(truck is 5x114, wheels are 5x112)

In front of brothers new/first car...

And all 4 are 16x10

cool, looking forward to progress

Comment

Originally posted by Ew! View Post
      cool, looking forward to progress
      Thanks

And heres some more updated pics with some steelies and the 2" spacers.

With a hint of another project...

Comment

Glad to see I'm not the only person that wants to stance a ranger, it looks like its going to be good. Good luck, clean truck, wish mine looked as good (minus the door, lol). What are your plans on suspension?
        The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
        Originally posted by Dubway5887
        I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

Originally posted by projecthoarder View Post
          Glad to see I'm not the only person that wants to stance a ranger, it looks like its going to be good. Good luck, clean truck, wish mine looked as good (minus the door, lol). What are your plans on suspension?

Thank you...and as for suspension I've looked at DJM and Belltech. They have the most parts that I've seen that would just bolt on. But at the end of the day o think the most I calculated was 5" up front and and about 7" in the back before having to cut, notch or fabricate. I'm also looking into other vehicle suspension that could possibly work.

Gonna be fun, take forever and expensive...on a college kids income.

Comment

Nothing like a good ol ranger! DJM / Belltech either way you will get what you want. Just start off with a kit setup with a 2/3 or 3/4 drop to start off and build off it. I started with a 2/3 drop kit from Belltech.
            Instagram: "Cole_Lenhart" Out of Thread Builds Shoots and Progress
            Just a Truck Build: "Here"

Comment

looking forward to progress, and im hoping your going to be replacing the tyres, the one pictured is completely fucked lol

Comment

I personally love rangers, my dad has ine u was going to have some fun with a while back, but he ended up selling it, And im guessing for the motor, will it be a 5.0l out of the Fox bodies? I always thought it was a good swap. The v6 is basically just 3/4s of the 302, you may have to extend the front a little bit though, or beat out the fire wall. i cant wait to see it!
                Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.
                Instagram: bigslowchevy

Comment

Originally posted by way2fastx3 View Post
                  Nothing like a good ol ranger! DJM / Belltech either way you will get what you want. Just start off with a kit setup with a 2/3 or 3/4 drop to start off and build off it. I started with a 2/3 drop kit from Belltech.
                  Well ive looked for the past few months and have found that you can get the parts cheaper when you mix and match. I just use the product numbers for searches to find sites that have free shipping or lower prices on different things. I have so many bookmarked parts, but so little money.

Originally posted by Lukey View Post
                  looking forward to progress, and im hoping your going to be replacing the tyres, the one pictured is completely fucked lol
                  Thank you and I would need adapters for those wheels to fit on it, so the truck will probably be dropped quite a bit before it gets anything nice under it.

Originally posted by Madhatter View Post
                  I personally love rangers, my dad has ine u was going to have some fun with a while back, but he ended up selling it, And im guessing for the motor, will it be a 5.0l out of the Fox bodies? I always thought it was a good swap. The v6 is basically just 3/4s of the 302, you may have to extend the front a little bit though, or beat out the fire wall. i cant wait to see it!
                  As for motor I currently have the 2.5L 4banger with 209,xxx miles, I have a friend that had a ranger with the 302 and actually had more room in the engine bay than I do. Only custom parts or fab he had to do was motor mounts.

And its not going to be a 302, its going to be interesting and a surprise...if I can get money this coming month I can start on the search for a good one I can rebuild and my goal is for it to be in by summer, but all depends on money.
                  Last edited by corn_nuts; 03-22-2012, 02:08 PM. Reason: Horrible Grammer...lol

Comment

Working...
                  X