• Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow good catch with the timing belt!
    Insta | Dev

Comment

Originally posted by ginger_snaps View Post
      oh sick yeah im in orlando for the school year but live in west palm
      Nice! You should come out to the meets back in 561 sometime when you are home. We need more people with some stance down there.

Originally posted by Effin' Euro View Post
      this car is amazing, loooove the wheels, and the interior work even more. looks great!
      Thanks

Originally posted by e.shell View Post
      wow good catch with the timing belt!
      Yeah, you're tellin' me. I'm going home today so I can do the t-belt, cams, etc. tomorrow...might throw in a set of 42lb injectors too and tune it on them.

Some things in life have come up, so project might not be rolling along at such a quick pace anymore. We'll have to see how everything turns out. I'll keep it updated here!

Comment

God dammit, I just got halfway done writing this update when my finger hit the back button somehow on this tiny laptop.

Anyway, got the timing belt done and have a few interesting pics to put up in a bit. One of the new parts is making noise though which pisses me off. I think I'm just going to assume its going to be alright and drive the bitch. It got thru 250 miles yesterday just fine.

So after installing everything we went out to go tune it on the new cams, but the car had such a bad boost leak that it was impossible. So I fixed it, but not until I was on my way back up to school. When I did fix it, I could tell that the car was making better power up top...until it started running out of fuel that is. Pretty sure its because its so damn cold out and because the map just needs more fuel in it because of the higher lift, etc.

The car sounds like a monster though. It sounds noticeably more aggressive and has a bit of a sharper tone to it.

So all of the constant boost leaks have made me say that project "Big Ass Intercooler" is a go...which also means the Holset has to go on lol.

Here's my plan for the IC setup...the core is good for 1200 CFM, AKA good for about 800-900hp (at its most efficient). Piping will all be 3". Again, this is to accommodate the 1200 CFM while keeping mach number under 0.4

To ensure that the piping will have no leaks, I will be using Hargett connectors on every connection. One on the throttle body, one on the outlet of the intercooler, and one on the outlet of the turbo. The key to GUARANTEEING no boost leaks is keeping it simple...and spending lots of money lol.

Here ya go

and here is the core

Comment

so I ordered the Hargetts...4 of them UGH!!!! So much money right there, but it will be well worth it.

Gotta order IC core and a new exh. manifold. I'm waiting for the company who makes them to get back to me though (manifold).

Then gotta find a new hotside for the turbo. The 18cm^2 is just going to be too laggy. I have a source for a brand new 12cm^2 hotside or an hx35. We'll see what happens.

I just got some motivation to get the front of my car down more though...

Comment

awesome thread!
            i just bought my first turbo car and i will be more than happy to do that on mine!

Sick and uncommon car that i love!
            last pic is awesome, really really nice ride!

Comment

Pretty big updates here...

I actually convinced 034 motorsport to make me a new cast log manifold with provisions for a tial 38mm wastegate. Its going to be the best flowing, cheapest, best performing, versatile manifold on the market...and I blazed the path to its conception. Pretty proud of that there. Got 10 people to sign up to buy it in 24 hours and all paid within the next few days. I can't wait till I have my own company to make this kinda stuff.

So thats paid for.
              Sold my tial 44mm wastegate and bought my friends 38mm (because thats what fits on the manifold) and I'll be coming out on top money wise for that.
              Also sold a set of brakes that were supposed to be paid for a long time ago
              sold my H1C as long as I can pick up a 12cm HX35 that I have a line on...
              and sold my engine block

Now all there is to do is sell my 5 brand new 440cc injectors so I can move up to something bigger and make more power...and sell a few more things maybe. **edit** just sold the injectors too

Still need to do a quick tune for the new cams while I wait for this manifold to be produced. Should be about 3 months till its done. By that time I should have a nice big intercooler core ready to make friends with my hargetts and the tig welder.

OK so now for more stance related discussion ...

I really have a hankering for some pearl white RS's and a pearl white roll cage.

Thoughs? Fitments?

I'd like 17's (wish they came in 18's) and as wide as possible out back. Stepped lip is nice too. I think offset is going to be key here BUT there is a guy who might be making some fiberglass body parts for the car. If he ends up making larger flares in the back I think I can fit 12" in the back.

Other suggestions on wheels, etc?

I have to say I do quite like the ones on that V8 I posted above. Kinda make me think of Works.
              Last edited by loxxrider; 01-28-2010, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Sick build. Holset turbos FTW. I think you are the only other guy I know who is doing it.

I am running a HX35W on my A4.
                '99 Audi A4 1.8T- Holset HX35W- Widebody- Matte Green -PVW 11.09
                '00 Audi S4 2.7T EPL Stage 3- Nogaro Blue

Comment

this is some sick shit, were do u get the money? :P
                  -96 Chevrolet S10 (DD)
                  -85 Saab 900 (Project)
                  PhotoBlog
                  Spotted In Narvik

Comment

Originally posted by A4Rob View Post
                    Sick build. Holset turbos FTW. I think you are the only other guy I know who is doing it.

I am running a HX35W on my A4.
                    They really are great. I've inspired quite a few over on motorgeek.com to go with holsets.

I'd love to see a thread with your A4. It seems that those with newer cars are even more hesitant to try a Holset.

Originally posted by 74low145 View Post
                    this is some sick shit, were do u get the money? :P
                    To be honest, I really dont know lol. I hardly have any money, but I always somehow come up with it. I acquire parts and then sell them off from time to time...thats how I've got the money right now. I do some mechanical stuff on the side too sometimes but it hardly amounts to anything.

Honestly though, none of this is costing a ridiculous amount of money. I just have hookups on lots of stuff and know how to do stuff cheap while still doing it the right way.

The only really expensive things about the build have been the standalone management, the intercooler setup, and the injectors.

I will now be using the ID (Bosch) 1000cc's which will operate above 100psi base pressure...aka 150psi total pressure. So they will flow 1600cc's or so.

Anyway, I'll get back to this when I have more to update.

Comment

bought a seat.

will be using it as a gaming chair (with the gaming base) until I can figure out brackets for the seats and until I can find another one in gray suede.

Last edited by loxxrider; 02-02-2010, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Ok, so I think I'm getting some style 5's this weekend as long as all goes to plan.

I'll be refinishing them (not sure what color yet, but I'm thinking gold or pearl white for the centers and polished lips), and I am going to try and fit them on the audi. I need tires though. Everyone in the E36 world says 215-40-17 for a mild stretch and 205-40-17 for more stretch. I'm not sure what size to go with on the audi though. I'm thinking 215-40. The problem is that the 40's are 5% difference from the stock rolling diameter. 215-45 is about 2%. Usually I wouldn't think twice about it, but quattro worries me.

I also want to make sure these fill out the fender wells enough. If not I'll be pretty sad. I could just throw them on my dad's E36 though...

anyway, I'm hoping to make them fit, but 10" in the back with a final et of about 23 makes them sit flush. These are et 20 and are going to require adapters which should bring it down to at least et 0. Not good. So I guess I'll have to test fit them and then go from there. I could always machine them to a higher offset or fill/redrill I guess.

Thoughts?

Comment

OK update time

shot the car with the Porsche wheels for the last time last night...here's one to remember them by

here is one of the sets I got in the trade...

Everyone who knows the car (including me) says it looks more rugged. I dig the look more than I thought I would. Obviously its just temporary though.

I also got some 18" Enkei as a spare. If anyone wants it PM me. It would be cheap.

And here was the deal maker for me.

its just too bad they dont fit. If I redrilled in the rear they'd fit, but in the front they need about 15mm of spacer to fit over the brakes. They might poke out too far after a spacer in the front. I might just have to sell them OR might have to throw them on my dad's E36. It depends. Either way, I'm refinishing them to perfection.

I also mounted one with the face in reverse. Man do I wish I had the car to fit these in this configuration!

The only bad thing that came out of it was that I noticed a bubble in my sidewall. The fronts from the Porsche wheels were mounted on these S4 wheels. I think the shop may be responsible for this. Maybe they mounted them dry? Does anyone even know if its possible to get a bubble from the shop?

I just took pictures of everything thursday night...so I figured I would have seen the bubble then.

Comment

Been trying to track down a misfire issue. I just got the chance to start tuning the car on the new cams and even at really low boost (~8psi) its getting misfires and ECU resets and such. I have been led to believe that its a plug wire issue. The wires are only a few months old, but could have manufacturing defects and I'll be inspecting them when I get home tonight. Good thing they have a lifetime guarantee.

In stance-related news, I'm going to try out some adapters for these wheels. In the rear they should sit flush. In the front I predict they are going to poke about .6-.7" Anyone have any advice on how to get it to look decent? Lots of stretch and as much neg camber seems like a given. Maybe a 195 tire. Wheels are 8" wide.

Comment

yum, absolutely fucking love the 20v turbos... awesome build man .... loveeee it

god how i want to pick up a urs4

Comment

Thanks You certainly wont regret it if you pick one up! They really are a joy to drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X