No announcement yet.

Audi 200 20v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, I actually don't have many pictures of them as it is hard to get them while they are on the car. The struts and housings are being shortened and the struts are being revalved by Bilstein right now actually, so I may be able to have some pictures taken when the strut housing shortening is completed.

In the meantime, check out my thread on this setup here:

In other news, the car is now in NH being worked on by EFIexpress while I'm working in Saudi Arabia. Things are moving slowly because we have had to procure a lot of parts from Europe (Latvia and Bulgaria to be exact). Right now, we are working on shortening the strut housings and have ordered a Euro TDI block and some dry sump parts from Prospeed. See here:

up next is ordering the dry sump pump from Aviaid and mock-up on a eurovan tall-deck stroker block (same dimensions as the Euro TDI block).

Wheels are again taking a back seat to other things... This project for one, and I'm planning to buy an E39 M5 when I go home next as well. I think I've decided to keep running my B6 S4 wheels and spacing them out for normal use, and maybe refurbishing my Speedline Alessios for show use. I'm really having trouble finding a replacement for the one cracked center I have though. I'm considering 3-D scanning it and having it machined
    Last edited by loxxrider; 11-03-2012, 01:23 AM.

Comment

• Amazing.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• Can't wait to see more progress

Comment

• Subscribed!

91' TT - Mines ECU, Blitz SBC@1bar, ARC WMIC, 2.5" decat, 2.5" ProFlow Exhaust, HSD's, ls400's, JapanRacing JR12's. SoarerUnion.com

Comment

• Turbo looks so nasty. things huge

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

• Shoutout from Munich Germany.
              Have been following your build for some time now. Finally i joined stanceworks today.
              Really looking forward to an update!

Have to say though that Im really jealous for some of your mods. No way to drive like that in germany (legally at least).
              But we got the Autobahn instead

Btw: do i need to excuse my english?

Comment

• Originally posted by QT-220 View Post
                Shoutout from Munich Germany.
                Have been following your build for some time now. Finally i joined stanceworks today.
                Really looking forward to an update!

Have to say though that Im really jealous for some of your mods. No way to drive like that in germany (legally at least).
                But we got the Autobahn instead

Btw: do i need to excuse my english?
                Thank you for posting! Shoutout back at you from Florida

No, your English doesn't need to be excused, it is quite good.

I really don't have too much to update. There has been a ton of headwork going on. I'll post some details below.

Here are some pictures from over a year ago with some of the dry sump parts test fitted and the old turbo.

Here's the tank

and mounted in the trunk.

There will also be a remote electric power steering setup back there.

One of the other big hurdles is the crank damper. I'm only comfortable running an ATI unit for my goals (Fluidampr simply will not work under the stresses I'll be putting on it) and they had to be coerced to make a custom unit to work on my setup. No pictures of that yet as it isn't finalized.

As I said, the biggest development has been with the head work. I've entrusted Mr. Jeff Gerner with the head work. For those who don't know Mr. Gerner, he built and owns the world's fastest Audi and what is or was the fastest sedan in the world (his 260 mph urS4). That car made around 1050 awhp and my head is being used as a test bed to improve the one from that car.

Check this out for some info on Jeff.

http://jalopnik.com/5950317/the-worl...-mph-1992-audi

Here are some pictures from Jeff during the work he's been doing on the head. It involves a lot of porting and then flowing on the bench, and the next step is some custom valves from Ferrea specifically for this head.

(Warning, this is a pretty big picture dump and probably sort of boring for those without thorough knowledge of aero or head porting in general... I don't even really know what to think of some of it lol).

(Section 1)

"Chamber starting point:

Damage on one intake port:

after being cleaned (not repaired yet)... never seen one like this:

Stock exhaust port:

Exhaust port, stock starting point:

An exhaust port during rough in with hi hellix cutter:

Finished Ex. Ports. Head upside down in shot:

Finished Ex. Port Port roof at bottom / floor at top:

A different port same shot:

Port floor with back lighting:

Another port floor different lighting:

Short radius turn to port floor:

Differnt shot - valve pocket blend to short radius:

Next step is to remove these seats.

I will be machining out the old seats next to make way for the oversize seat that will allow us to install 29.5 mm Ex. Valves in place of the stock 28mm.

Then the back side of the valve pocket will be addressed when I blend in the new oversize seats with the head."

(Section 2)

Development head for Chris' Hi RPM Motor

(this is a picture of the finished product for a 32.5mm valve I believe... more work to come for the 34mm :drive: )

Chris Head port 2 at FRP

Chris Development head 4 angle valve seat. -FRP

"...basically a fully developed 32.5 mm valve port at this point..."

Shot ofPort floor blend to seat at outer wall - radius

An earlier version from intake flange side.

Another shot the way the air sees things.

"...I have this maxed out with the 32.5 mm valves. Next I will change these seats out and install the 34mm I.V.’s that will be in your head and more development will follow.

I am trying to improve even beyond what I have on the Bonneville car. That head has literally hundreds of hours of carefully evolved improvements / testing.

I am trying to insure that your motor wont just spin 10,500 rpm but actually continue to make power up there – without resorting to excessive heat generating boost pressure.

Camshaft selection will be critical. I have a pretty good idea what we need there but we can’t make a final selection until I have the final flow numbers from your finished head..."

"Testing with Chris' intake"

(The intake will need different runners made now unfortunately...)

(Section 3)

"Chamber Work Starting - Area to be relieved around intake"

"Rough cut to scribe line - intake relief. 10 of these cuts needed per head"

"Same cut opposite valve - don't worry these seats are coming out."

"Opposite valve partially open"

"Stock chamber - exhaust valve shrouding - 25% of valve"

"29.5 Ex.Valve with clearance at chamber wall"

"29.5 Valve - opposite. There will be more material removed when big seats are installed."

"34 mm intake with finished relief."

"Finished relief - no valve - stock seats can come out now"

"Current shot of test port in development head - big seats now in."

Oh, and how can I forget! The front strut housings were shortened and the car has shortened and re-valved bilsteins to go along with the strut housings. It will have much more stance potential now Here's how it sits at the shop

In other news, I bought an E39 M5 earlier this year... its kinda stancey I guess. That's not why I bought it though!

I also bought a euro 635csi project car... I needed something to work on since the Audi is out of my hands at the moment. Lots of rust repair, cutting/welding. I did make a nice set of coilovers for it though. Maybe I'll make a thread for it.

There's your update! Hope you liked it. I wish I could give more, but that's all I've got!

Comment

• So what kind of hp-number dp you want to acchive?
                  Did think of running ethanol for some more angle?

Comment

• Originally posted by QT-220 View Post
                    So what kind of hp-number dp you want to acchive?
                    Did think of running ethanol for some more angle?

As long as it's over 800 awhp and revs to 10,000 rpm I will be happy. It should make more, but that's not really necessary. It will be flex fuel and tuned for max power on e85, then the timing and boost will be scaled down as ethanol content drops according to the sensor.

Comment

• damn

Comment

• sweet jesus
                        Like a glove

Comment

Working...
                        X