Junkyard build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got the backs installed

and made a trip to pick n pull and picked up 2 wheels, 16" Enkei racing S wheels, they only had 2 of them but for 20 bucks each i couldn't resist. might do a mismatched setup, or might just clean theses up repair/repaint them and sell them but dunno yet.

if i do repaint them I'm thinking of going with a bronze for the centers and polishing the lip up to a nice chrome look again
    1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
    1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Dont do mismatched wheels. It makes you look trashy on purpose.
      -Drake-

Check out: www.midwestce.net

Comment

this makes me want to drive to a pick and pull and i just happen to have the largest in the country down the road.

i fully blame you
        need honda/acura parts? great prices and owns clubcivic.com
        http://www.tunersports.com/?&aid=4

Comment

Hahaha this is awesome!

91' e30 325ix m20 3.1 stroker
          My Photography http://austingrubbs.wordpress.com/

Comment

Keep it up! This is one of my favorite reads right now.

-Aron
            "Living life a quarter turn at a time"

Comment

thanks for the compliments and comments guys!
              so lil bit of an update...
              I started tearing down the Enkei's i got. paint is almost completely stripped off. Getting close to being able to start priming the centers

and got all the black paint of the bolts, all 80 or so of them. they were a pain to strip, paint would get stuck in all the little dips in the bolt head. but they're done now and it was totally worth it. looks way better then flat black. and the centers caps still need to be stripped, i figure the lettering will just get painted a different colour then the rest of the wheel. gonna be a pain to paint or mask off tho lol

and i found a second set of wheels for the front these aren't from pick n pull though. found these on Kijiji and snagged em up for 80 bucks. couldn't resist it's my happy birthday gift to me!

they need a toooon of work though, I am definitely not looking forward to cleaning another 80 bolts.

the lips need a ton of polish to get them to a mirror finish like I'd like them to have.

pretty excited though. i think if both sets are painted the same colour with mirror finish lips they'll compliment each other quite nicely

they're also 3 piece never owned a set of 3 or 2 piece rims so this is gonna be quite the learning experience for me to say the least.

gonna be a lot of work till I move on to painting them all, also i have to wait for it to warm up a fair bit its still hovering around -1C out which is no good for painting. so far I am thinking of painting the centers a light gold almost beige colour like this:

but I'm open to suggestions! was also thinking of doing white but it seems almost kinda boring and would be almost impossible to keep clean.

Comment

Think youde be better off cleaning up one pair and selling them for somethign that will match the other pair.
                Deathsquad mofo.

Comment

Started on the bolts! only 76 or so more to go lol

so far they're coming out better then i had thought

also made a wheel bolt restoration guide thingy showing how I did it http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...066#post711066

Comment

Originally posted by DragginWagonII View Post
                    Think youde be better off cleaning up one pair and selling them for somethign that will match the other pair.
                    This.

If I were you, I'd be searching CL everyday looking for a match to one pair of wheels.

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
                    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

What I would do is put one set of rims on one side and the other set on the other, but match the offsets from side to side. Nice junkyard finds btw.
                      The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
                      Originally posted by Dubway5887
                      I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

Looks like a fun build.

I love to watch junkyard builds, partially because I do it myself. I just wish I could score some awesome finds like you did, there's rarely anything aftermarket in the ones around here.

...and if you do find more Neon aftermarket parts...
                        I Have No Idea What I'm Doing

Comment

Originally posted by projecthoarder View Post
                          What I would do is put one set of rims on one side and the other set on the other, but match the offsets from side to side. Nice junkyard finds btw.
                          I so agree with this guy^^^^+1

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

unfortunately the 2 sets are different sizes. I'll keep looking on craigslist and kijiji for matching sets but i doubt I'll find anything. either way I'll end up fixing the wheels up so I'll see how it looks when they're done or possibly find a matching pair. also doesn't help that these wheels seem to be the perfect size and offset to fill up the front and rear arches so I'm still very tempted to use them

Comment

not too worried about mismatched wheels, seen a couple that look really good. but we'll see how it turns out lol. hopefully it doesn't look horrible

Comment

DUDE YOU FOUND KW V1'S in Calgary PnP???? Lucky bastard!!! hahah Just fluke or do you work there?
                                WTB
                                Manaray MS6 Center Caps

'95 Z32 3.0TT LHD T-Top .:. Cruiser
                                '16 F450 6.7T Lariat Ult. .:. Tow-Rig
                                IG: @AllGoNShow / @TurboJInc

Comment

Working...
                                X