Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [quote=game-of-stance;641209]
    Originally posted by Mark Ostrowski View Post

That is true actually. But I hope you can admit that rep brands are getting better and better?
    true, xxr's probably aren't going to fall apart like rotas
    I can't.............

Originally posted by viciouscycle View Post
    im really beginning to get sick of people getting stick for having Fake wheels.. very childish.. we are not all made of money..
    if you aren't made of money you shouldnt be modding a car for aesthetic purposes.

Originally posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
    I'm not either and that's why I won't post my car till I can afford nicer and better parts
    There should be more like you.
    Last edited by Jesus Christ; 12-11-2011, 10:21 AM.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
      those quotes got fucked up first one wasn't me

Originally posted by viciouscycle View Post
      im really beginning to get sick of people getting stick for having Fake wheels.. very childish.. we are not all made of money..
      im really begginning to get sick of people using the excuse their poor for having Fake wheels...very lazy..we are not all impulse shoppers..

but seriously, it has been preached THOUSANDS of times that you don't have to shit gold bricks to have really classy wheels. Wheels are just like any other high end product you can buy, the top of the line models are very expensive, can't afford that and you can get the cheaper basic models, or you could get an older top of the line model, used for the same price. Now, granted you will have to refinish these, thats still no excuse because even if you don't have the money, there is literally like 50 different diy write-ups on this site about exactly how to do just that.

Still don't beleive me? some of the most respected members on this forum, got their wheels for less than 1k. Do you know how they did it? being patient, waiting, searching different classifieds constantly, until the perfect deal came up.

people like you will probably just ignore this whole rant like you always do, but maybe you will understand that thats why people have no respect for fakes on this site
      Last edited by Mark Ostrowski; 12-11-2011, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by viciouscycle View Post
        Yea, I don't understand it. Not even just the fact that we aren't all made of money. Cheaper wheels aren't all just going to fall apart haha. Some might bend easily or the finish might fall off but thats our problem and if that happens then we can fix it.

Originally posted by Zack01GC View Post
        Troooooooof.

I hang with the VW guys because at least they get together on a regular basis.
        So there are some VW meets?

im really begginning to get sick of people using the excuse their poor for having Fake wheels...very lazy..we are not all impulse shoppers..

but seriously, it has been preached THOUSANDS of times that you don't have to shit gold bricks to have really classy wheels. Wheels are just like any other high end product you can buy, the top of the line models are very expensive, can't afford that and you can get the cheaper basic models, or you could get an older top of the line model, used for the same price. Now, granted you will have to refinish these, thats still no excuse because even if you don't have the money, there is literally like 50 different diy write-ups on this site about exactly how to do just that.

Still don't beleive me? some of the most respected members on this forum, got their wheels for less than 1k. Do you know how they did it? being patient, waiting, searching different classifieds constantly, until the perfect deal came up.

people like you will probably just ignore this whole rant like you always do, but maybe you will understand that thats why people have no respect for fakes on this site
        No man, I understand that I can save up for more expensive wheels but I have no reason to. I like these xxr's and i'm not going to not use them because some people on the internet don't like them lol. I understand that I could search for more expensive rims and probably find them sooner or later for less than 1k or close to that. But once again I like these xxr's so I don't need to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibaltic View Post
          agreed. i cant stand it when people say "rims"
          ill always it considered it like this.

wheels no tires = rims
          "rims" with tires = wheels.

could be wrong but thats just how ive always known it.

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
          Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• Originally posted by evilstar View Post
            ill always it considered it like this.

wheels no tires = rims
            "rims" with tires = wheels.

could be wrong but thats just how ive always known it.
            Technically a rim is just the barrel of a wheel, right?

So a full wheel is a rim and a face.

Most people just call the full thing a rim though.

Comment

• Just stop feeding the trolls, unless you have a E36/28 on bbs that's laying frame, it's never good.
              I'm looking forward to see the wheels fitted. There's more to live then bragging about how expensive your wheels are...

Comment

• StanceWorks is a place for wheel and fitment enthusiasts to come together. There's no need to bash each other or otherwise belittle anyone. There's nothing cool about flaming a fellow enthusiast over something as silly as a difference in opinions. If you don't like something, just move along. There's a lot of cool stuff here so I'm sure you'll find a thread that meets your tastes somewhere.

Game-Of-Stance, keep doing what you want to do and please keep sharing.

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_lucian View Post
                  It's funny how you guys are saying that you're feeling rejected on other forums because your cars are modded different than the norm. Still, you're doing the same thing to this guy here. Suddenly, if he's not rocking a set of "real" wheels he's not accepted. If he wants to rock XXR's then let him rock them. What do you care? Is not your car... Continuously bringing shit about his wheels or coils will not make him go out tomorrow and buy a fresh set of Mito's, Futura's, Roti's or any other "real" wheels and a set of BC's or KW's. Let him do his thing and who knows, maybe his fitment on XXR's will be better then your fitment on "real" wheels.

Peace out
                  big fucking werd to that.

Reason I love this forum more than any other is sick cars, awesome people and acceptance of different styles. What the fuck is happening to the last 2?

Let him run what ever wheels he wants. wtf does it really matter to anyone else? should you guide and give advice definitly but leave it at that. If he doesnt want to listen or doesnt care thats his mistake. If you dont like what he does, let it be and let it go.

This doesnt go just to this thread or this person. This is a general life rule.

Add me on Facebook
                  Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• I think the main problem people have lately is that they don't want Stance|Works to be associated with cheap knockoff items, it's always been about quality and that's how it should stay in my opinion.

I agree, it's your car, do what you want, but just be careful because this forum dislikes anything fake, as do I.

Get the real stuff the first time or don't get anything at all. A lot of these posters have been here since S|W first started and when they see replicas/fakes they get a little P.O.'ed because the last thing they want is somebody rockin' fake shit with a S|W banner on their car.

Just sayin'.....(this is just my opinion)
                    BMW E38
                    That White Evo
                    -SOLD
                    instagram @kbuss
                    flickr

Comment

• Now Dom. I mean this and nice as possible but learn to shut the fuck a little more bro. lol srsly

Don't bother arguing, don't defend your point of view. Just state it as what it is. You respectfully don't care to get another set of wheels. If you like the XXRs the fuck it you like them and let that be that. People will respect you more for that then saying you dont want "expensive" wheels.

As people have stated "expensive real wheels" arent acctually that expensive. Srsly you could find them for about what you paid for the XXRs and definitly for what you paid for the XXRs and Miros together. So dont state the cost being the difference because it shouldnt be. It just makes you appear uninformed and stubburn for not listening.

You should also read everyones post slowly carefully take the time to understand what they are saying. You will learn the most this way. It doesnt mean you have to agree with what they are saying but trying to see their point will help you grow. It also helps when you do respond that you can confirm this understanding and state your opinion. but dont go crazy respoonding with the same thing everytime as you have in the past. so you better confirm you read and understand this whole thing (my post) or i will cut you.

lastly slow down your posting just because somoene bumps your thread doesnt mean you have to respond that min. Its becoming a debate thread instead of a build thread. Im tring to help you here I really am.

PS: AGAIN No way you getting 10.5 in front on stock fenders with out looking retarded. srsly aint going to happen. Also please post pics of nonM 3 with 10s in front.

Add me on Facebook
                      Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• Originally posted by DutchStance View Post
                        Just stop feeding the trolls, unless you have a E36/28 on bbs that's laying frame, it's never good.
                        I'm looking forward to see the wheels fitted. There's more to live then bragging about how expensive your wheels are...
                        Thanks man, I guess I should just not post in this thread until my fenders have been messed with then. This will be my last post in here until then, peace!

Originally posted by Rally View Post
                        StanceWorks is a place for wheel and fitment enthusiasts to come together. There's no need to bash each other or otherwise belittle anyone. There's nothing cool about flaming a fellow enthusiast over something as silly as a difference in opinions. If you don't like something, just move along. There's a lot of cool stuff here so I'm sure you'll find a thread that meets your tastes somewhere.

Game-Of-Stance, keep doing what you want to do and please keep sharing.
                        Thanks man, I will!

Originally posted by evilstar View Post
                        big fucking werd to that.

Reason I love this forum more than any other is sick cars, awesome people and acceptance of different styles. What the fuck is happening to the last 2?

Let him run what ever wheels he wants. wtf does it really matter to anyone else? should you guide and give advice definitly but leave it at that. If he doesnt want to listen or doesnt care thats his mistake. If you dont like what he does, let it be and let it go.

This doesnt go just to this thread or this person. This is a general life rule.
                        Word

Originally posted by Haole View Post
                        I think the main problem people have lately is that they don't want Stance|Works to be associated with cheap knockoff items, it's always been about quality and that's how it should stay in my opinion.

I agree, it's your car, do what you want, but just be careful because this forum dislikes anything fake, as do I.

Get the real stuff the first time or don't get anything at all. A lot of these posters have been here since S|W first started and when they see replicas/fakes they get a little P.O.'ed because the last thing they want is somebody rockin' fake shit with a S|W banner on their car.

Just sayin'.....(this is just my opinion)
                        I won't rock a stanceworks banner bud

Originally posted by evilstar View Post
                        Now Dom. I mean this and nice as possible but learn to shut the fuck a little more bro. lol srsly

Don't bother arguing, don't defend your point of view. Just state it as what it is. You respectfully don't care to get another set of wheels. If you like the XXRs the fuck it you like them and let that be that. People will respect you more for that then saying you dont want "expensive" wheels.

As people have stated "expensive real wheels" arent acctually that expensive. Srsly you could find them for about what you paid for the XXRs and definitly for what you paid for the XXRs and Miros together. So dont state the cost being the difference because it shouldnt be. It just makes you appear uninformed and stubburn for not listening.

You should also read everyones post slowly carefully take the time to understand what they are saying. You will learn the most this way. It doesnt mean you have to agree with what they are saying but trying to see their point will help you grow. It also helps when you do respond that you can confirm this understanding and state your opinion. but dont go crazy respoonding with the same thing everytime as you have in the past. so you better confirm you read and understand this whole thing (my post) or i will cut you.

lastly slow down your posting just because somoene bumps your thread doesnt mean you have to respond that min. Its becoming a debate thread instead of a build thread. Im tring to help you here I really am.

PS: AGAIN No way you getting 10.5 in front on stock fenders with out looking retarded. srsly aint going to happen. Also please post pics of nonM 3 with 10s in front.
                        I got you, I'll stop posting in this thread until I get some more progress. I'll try to find pictures of the non m with 10's all around. He took the pictures off his thread but I think I might have saved them somewhere. The rears looked great but he needed a little bit of camber in the front to make it look better which he didn't have. Peace!

Comment

• now I see why only one person said welcome, when i registred here, because i dont hawe a new, modded car, or cool brand parts, I thought that people here were different, I thought this was a forum, not a showroom, where people from allaround the world helps each other with peace of edvice to improve tehnical abilieties of a car, helps to make something worthless in to something thats worth driving, whats the big deal of those wheels? do they come off when turning ignition key? I dont think they look bad neither, and whats with the suspension? who gives a sh*t what brand is it, if it looks ok ( not rusted or stuff like that) and if it works on road, and holds car in corners - then it works, isnt that the most important thing? Im a student i dont have a job, so i dont have a lots of money, that doesnt mean I cant improve my car, that just means that i cant buy ultra cool brand parts, lots of things I will have to make myself, but for me the making process is the fun part of improving a car. I think if someone here is doing something wrong with improving car, then you need to say why its wrong, what bad will happen if he or she wont do it different or with different brand parts. I agree with those who says ''if you are doing something then do it right'' but i disagree with those who are thinking that the wrong doing is not buying expensive cool brand parts, some of those parts are just normal not expensive parts but with brand name on them which makes them expensive. I like cars which are fun to drive not fun to know what brands does it has.

Comment

• That's not the point.

I don't have coilovers or nice wheels, nor will I have the money to get them in the near future. The point is I don't paste my car all over a build thread when I'm not building it. That's the difference.

Someone lock this fucking thread already.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcme View Post
                              now I see why only one person said welcome, when i registred here, because i dont hawe a new, modded car, or cool brand parts, I thought that people here were different, I thought this was a forum, not a showroom, where people from allaround the world helps each other with peace of edvice to improve tehnical abilieties of a car, helps to make something worthless in to something thats worth driving, whats the big deal of those wheels? do they come off when turning ignition key? I dont think they look bad neither, and whats with the suspension? who gives a sh*t what brand is it, if it looks ok ( not rusted or stuff like that) and if it works on road, and holds car in corners - then it works, isnt that the most important thing? Im a student i dont have a job, so i dont have a lots of money, that doesnt mean I cant improve my car, that just means that i cant buy ultra cool brand parts, lots of things I will have to make myself, but for me the making process is the fun part of improving a car. I think if someone here is doing something wrong with improving car, then you need to say why its wrong, what bad will happen if he or she wont do it different or with different brand parts. I agree with those who says ''if you are doing something then do it right'' but i disagree with those who are thinking that the wrong doing is not buying expensive cool brand parts, some of those parts are just normal not expensive parts but with brand name on them which makes them expensive. I like cars which are fun to drive not fun to know what brands does it has.
                              I said I wasn't going to post in here again but I had to respond to this.

No offense but your english is horrible haha but really please don't take offense to that. I'm not trying to bash you for it. Where are you from? Welcome to StanceWorks

I completely agree with you about everything you said. Just do what you want with the car and ignore the people who try to bash you, thats what i'm doing. It's sad that everyone can't be friendly on the forums.

Ok, now i'm done posting in here haha, sorry. Peace!

Comment

• sorry for my english, im from Latvia and im not good at typing

Comment

Working...
                                X