• Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh wow,

give me that cloth interior
    Chris-

Comment

Lol, the grass is always greener, eh?
      You americans are the only ones that want the ugly cloth interior, lol.

News:

I found a TÜV station that will definitively give me approval for the height I want with 17"s (even though technically that would still be illegal due to light output height... but not many cops actually know about this law), for a reasonable price... ATM I'm strongly leaning towards this option, with 18s I fear I wouldn't be able to get the car as low as I want and after thinking some more, bags are too expensive for me and as the car isn't really a daily anymore since I use the train to get to work more and more, I don't really need bags anyways. So hard stance on 17s, it looks like.

Now I want new wheels.

Anyone got any suggestions what could look good? Sizes I want are fronts 8 - 8.5J and rears 9 - 9.5J. Nothing smaller and nothing wider.
      Last edited by Dr.AK; 07-08-2009, 08:26 PM.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Just pulled the front bumper.
        Was going to pull the rear bumper also, but it started to rain heavily, so I'm just waiting for it to dry up again before I pull that.
        I can start sanding down the rear bumper this evening, front bumper has to wait until I fix the fog light holders, then I'll start that. And then i can start painting.

Comment

And the rear is off.

Don't mind the gap, comes from the car being jacked up beforehand.

Discovered that the bumper support has a crack, which is the reason for the bumper hanging as crooked as it did.

Comment

Started painting.

Comment

Rear bumper finished, paint just needs to cure a bit.

Looks a bit darker IRL.

Also fixed my foglight inserts - next time they crack it's time for a new front bumper though.

Comment

Front painted and rear mounted.

Soon I will do work on the mouldings. I'll get M mouldings for the side, remove the M badge and make all the mouldings smooth and paint them the same color as the black on the bumpers.

Comment

Nice paint job!

Comment

That is the dumbest thing ever, having to get suspension mods approved. Car looks good otherwise, and nice write up.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteStripes View Post
                      That is the dumbest thing ever, having to get suspension mods approved.
                      You don't have to tell that to me, tell it to my country.

Imho, it should just suffice that nothing is rubbing or somethign else like that, as long as there is enough clearance it should be fine - but no, my super-duper-great-bureaucratic country has to have these stupid laws.

We even have a limited range of tire sizes that we are allowed to run, i.e. on a 9J nothing skinnier than 215, on a 9.5J nothing skinnier than a 225. You can't really get this approved otherwise... dumb crap.

But thanks for the compliments.

Comment

Nice work so far!
                        MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Thanks.

Painted the drivers side skirt today, it looks still a bit weird in the pics, but that's because some of the paint was still a bit wet when I took the picture. It looks fine now.

I think I'm going to do the passenger side tomorrow, since I need new paint again...

Gonna mount the front bumper this evening once my dad gets home to help me align it.

Also take note of how the exaust looks already... it's only 4 months old. That's what happens when you opt for the budget choice instead...

Comment

Finished!

Well almost... still need to do the passenger side skirt. Gonna do that tomorrow.

Comment

Looks good. What paint did you use?
                              Originally posted by da3bous
                              I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Thanks.

Just some satin black paint in cans I picked up at the local hardware store, I believe it's their own brand.

Comment

Working...
                                X