No announcement yet.

the legend of one low cobalt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a tow hook, like old school jdm style just something i've always likes and with the funky fitment im about to do i think it'll do justisce.

Comment

• u have a lot of informational things pointing at u lol

who knows the meaning behind the subway handle?
      Last edited by jared1988; 11-14-2010, 09:46 PM.
      Originally posted by M.Burroughs
      I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

• not exactly. saw it on the datsun 610 wagon and a few other heartbreaker cars, there's like 2 more. seen it on classic drift cars, don't know really what i did but i like the look of that style tow hook and no other style does it for me. and once the wheels are on it'll come together. this week, bear with me. this car is a combination of a lot of different cars i've seen and just basically an art project in automotive form. i'm not just slamming the thing on wide wheels, there's a lot of character to everything.

Comment

• fully functional now attached to the frame via 1/4" steel i fabbed myself. i can pull the car with it now and it looks better inside the lip instead of outside.

Comment

• that "thing" hanging is called a Tsurikawa

they are all standard length, and people hang them to show how low their rides are compared to other people. like mine would drag the ground, and you would still have soem clearance, thus proving im lower than you.

where'd you snag one?

Comment

• i didnt kno the name but, in japan stealing is highly frowned upon (i.e. my buddy lost his wallet in the snow at the airport. couple days later someone calls him saying ive got ur wallet. he returns it and it has all his money and cards still in it. another example, ppl around the base here say your car is safer off base than on base. if u leave ur car unlocked off base u only have to worry about an american stealing something. go us right?). so publicly stealing a subway or bus handle and then attaching it to your car to flaunt your badassness.

bozosuko stuff kind of also. for those who kno the bozo style, did u kno motorcycles started the bozo style? i just learned it
              I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

• drift ive always loved your car. just want to say great work.
                Trying to make your domestic JDM is like doing it with your sister. Sure its possible but its still wrong and the end results = ugly child

Comment

• yeah man i just picked it up at a marine supply, took be about 3 hours to find the thing went everywhere. got some of that fabric you use for tie down straps. hung the ring from a tree, painted it satin pink to be obnoxious. sewed it around the ring. i can pull the car with it and i went way crazy with the sewing so i'm pretty sure its functional. i mean i pulled my car in the driveway it works nice. i safety pinned it so its not dragging for now. how do i find out what the standard length of these things are?

i'm doing some research on the meaning of these things now. this is an american car, i need to keep it american. now wtf is american that i can hang from that strap
                  Last edited by ff_drift_lol; 11-15-2010, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ff_drift_lol View Post
                      i'm doing some research on the meaning of these things now. this is an american car, i need to keep it american. now wtf is american that i can hang from that strap
                      a freaking toy eagle would be sick.

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• lol @ the eagle. but do w/e u fukin want. just caz its a domestic doesnt mean it has to stay domestic. u might as well sell ur car and get a big ass boat made of steal and throw in a v8. handle is cool, no1 is scolding you for it, its style. keep it and keep ur car as an your expression of your self.

when i get something stance worthy im gonna hang a small jordan shoe off the tow hook =D an expression of me

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas13 View Post
                          that "thing" hanging is called a Tsurikawa

they are all standard length, and people hang them to show how low their rides are compared to other people. like mine would drag the ground, and you would still have soem clearance, thus proving im lower than you.

where'd you snag one?
                          are all tow hooks mounted at the same level too?

Comment

• just always loved boso styl;e and if i do use this style hook, i want it to be standard length. i slept on it and decided i want to keep it. with the ridiculous stance my new wheels will give me, it should look reeeeeally sick.

Comment

• Originally posted by jared1988 View Post
                              are all tow hooks mounted at the same level too?
                              i doubt it now, but when it started maybe.

im no expert on bosozoku culture. but i follow it dilligently.
                              and yea the motorcycle dudes are synonomous for taking up all lanes of traffic, and slowing down to where people cant pass by them.

and the bosozoku are like the hells angels of japan, im sur ethey dont care about stealing

Comment

• no no, i didnt mean the tow hook, i ment what is bleow the stock ss lip. is that another lip of some sort hanging below it?

Comment

Working...
                                X