No announcement yet.

the legend of one low cobalt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ummm... I really didn't think this was going to look good at all.
    1) I don't usually like these wheels
    2) I don't usually like cobalts
    3) I don't usually like rediculous poke/stretch

BUT somehow it all works together, here.
    This is the most incredible cobalt I've ever seen.
    Are these staggered width?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bracknaphobia View Post
      Not really a fan of anything else, but the wheels look fantastic. Great choice; fitting for a chevy.
      thanks dude, i can tell you're not into the rat rodding thing it's an acquired taste. i do appreciate the compliments especially since you keep saying you don't like cobalts haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Hillbilly View Post
        ummm... I really didn't think this was going to look good at all.
        1) I don't usually like these wheels
        2) I don't usually like cobalts
        3) I don't usually like rediculous poke/stretch

BUT somehow it all works together, here.
        This is the most incredible cobalt I've ever seen.
        Are these staggered width?
        1.8" spacer adapters up front
        2.3" spacer adapters in rear
        9.5 wide all around

and i agree, this is the most incredible cobalt yet. lots more to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by ff_drift_lol View Post
          thanks dude, i can tell you're not into the rat rodding thing it's an acquired taste. i do appreciate the compliments especially since you keep saying you don't like cobalts haha
          what part of your car is rat rod?

Comment

• Nope, not doing anything for me. The American poke trend just looks half-assed to me.
            It was looking good with the ride height, but the poke just killed it.

Comment

• It's not so much that I don't like boso/rat rod type cars, I'm just picky about it. But I'm not here to give anyone a hard time.

There aren't many cobalts out there that have any stance going for them whatsoever. So, way to break the mold. Take balls to rock that much camber on a car like this.

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
              yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bracknaphobia View Post
                It's not so much that I don't like boso/rat rod type cars, I'm just picky about it. But I'm not here to give anyone a hard time.

There aren't many cobalts out there that have any stance going for them whatsoever. So, way to break the mold. Take balls to rock that much camber on a car like this.
                not flamming cuz i do liek this car BUT!

zipties, poke, and a tsurikawa dont make this boso, or rat rod.

MILD shakotan maybe...

just looks like a stanced cobalt to me. boarderline VIP.

boso:

Shakotan:

Rat Rod:

Comment

i'd use my ecotec, probably get something from a solstice front end. then use a solstice tranny, then the sky rear subframe. ...
                  Aren't the solstice and sky the same things (diff badges, but w/e)? are you sure that there's an AWD version? I think you might have your Saturn models mixed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas13 View Post
                    not flamming cuz i do liek this car BUT!

zipties, poke, and a tsurikawa dont make this boso, or rat rod.

MILD shakotan maybe...

just looks like a stanced cobalt to me. boarderline VIP.

Shakotan:
                    [IMG]pic[/IMG]
                    While agree that there's nothing boso about the car, but there's also nothing remotely VIP about it. At all.

Also, that Skyline is a kyusha genre, but shakotan just means "lowered car"... I'm not certain that it indicates a particular styling either.

Comment

• shakotan is a style....

and the only reason i said boarderlined VIP is because its all black, on polished wheels, and it has teh "VIP" pipes

Comment

• it's just a mix of all the styles i like. there's no goal here other than ratty, race ready and daily drivable

Comment

it's just a mix of all the styles i like. there's no goal here other than ratty, race ready and daily drivable
                          I don't know about that part, but props on doing something different with a cobalt.

Comment

• looks good man, a bit too much poke and camber for me, but i dig it. didnt realize ur from NY, Im just across the boarder in toronto, I sware snow is coming, I hope your not going to drive it in winter like that?

Comment

• I thought I would have really liked this, but I dunno yet...lol

Maybe its just the pictures and odd angles, but it looks wierd. Maybe its just a slammed Cobalt. haha

IMO, all the 'trend' stickers all over is gross and takes away from the car.
                              2012 MkVi GLi / Candyweiss / FK / VMR / APR
                              1980 Mk1 Rabbit /ManillaGreen / Euro'd / BBS
                              1972 Standard / PastelWeiss / AirKewld / Rust / In Progress

Comment

• Originally posted by snooki View Post
                                I don't know about that part, but props on doing something different with a cobalt.
                                that's the real challenge here. the car's got a ballsy motor. i'm a damn good mechanic and i am pretty sure i can get this thing on the track running good times. custom control arm bushings, real adjustable dampening shocks instead of shot stockers that have been on drop springs for a million miles and beef up the strut towers. i could type about it all day but you get the point. i know what to do here, it's just a matter of having the funds.

Comment

Working...
                                X