• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow looks really good.

Comment

• http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9108
      This might give you an idea
      Originally posted by redciv1
      Style 5's and E36's are like Civic's and Rota's, just looks good.
      Originally posted by Francois Dillinger
      Would you wear skechers with an armani suit?

Comment

• amazing, i like where this is going!

BAR / TheIllu510nEvo<-- check it out

Comment

• Well here are some tasty vittles from this weekend. I got one of the new strut tops built and all of the pieces to make the other made (just need to assemble). It makes a big difference.

Here is the new strut top.

And with it installed I picked up an extra inch. now the fender liner and the fender lip is resting on the tire. I'll finish the other side, hopefully tomorrow, and then have to do some fender clearance work. then onto the rears.

Comment

• yessssssssssssss!

Originally posted by Kielan
            Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

• winning! Looks fresh!
              [QUOTE=Oxer;1593769]I Love VW's[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Hot!

For a while the front bumper skin held my car up about 3/8". It may just lower a tad more with the fender clearancing and the other side lower.
                My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

• Originally posted by fuzzy bunny View Post

sssssssssssshiiiiieeeet!!!

*EDIT: what the hell, the img isn't showing?
                  sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

• Whoa. This is cool, I can't say I thought I'd ever say that about a Taurus wagon.

Comment

• Taurus on air? FUCK YES!

Comment

• The thread has alot of win, I like!

Comment

• Nice work! Any plans for an audio system upgrade? I did a system in a Taurus once... ***** every second of it lol
                          StatusRacing.com
                          Configure YOUR Seat Here
                          Tel: 1.480.265.8600
                          Email: sales@statusracing.com
                          Fan us on Facebook

Comment

• exexpat -Ya I think Ill pick up that much or better. The inner splash aprons hang really low in this car.

Chuckdee -What picture are you referring to?

Status Racing -And yes actually that was the first thing I did. If it doesn't have tunes I cant drive it. One of the problems I ran into with this car is, it has the digital climate control system which shares a control board with the radio. One of fords ways of saying F**k you to the aftermarket. The best I could do was an Ipod hook up, so thats what I did. The other problem plaguing station wagons is not having a trunk to "hide" electronics in. I didn't want to lose the practicality of the folding second row, and as little as I use it I didn't want to lose the third row sooooo. I did this.

I still have all of the functionality of a wagon, and a hidden sound system. The sub is a Rockford P3S which is the slim model, and only wants 1 cubic foot of air space so it worked out great.

Now today I spent a bunch of time figuring out a strut bearing long story short, I have 2 needle thrust bearings on order and made up some non-friction nylon washers to do the job. It will need more service than the factory sealed units but it will do the job.

Old strut to vs new strut top.

And random foto...

Comment

• I miss those jumper seats so much. My family had a '95 and an '01, and the jumper was my favorite part of both. Tauruses were terrific cars with lots of quality engineering and thinking in them. The fact that you're doing what I have always wanted to do with one makes this thread one of my favorites on this forum.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

• I demand an update!
                                My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

Working...
                                X