No announcement yet.

A taurus wagon? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok well, I have a small Update. Those of you in and around the seattle metropolitan area are aware the less than ideal weather in my neck of the woods this last week. I DON'T drive in the snow. I know I know, I'm a bitch, but I don't. I don't like snow, I don't play in the snow, I don't even like to look at the snow. However there is one bright side to the snow, and my firm NO driving policy... Play time in the shop!

I finished up my compressor/ tank tray, and got it all plumbed. Lets here a hooray for no leaks!

I still have to build the cover for all of it but that will have to wait a week or so. I got the under body mounting all figured out and have been fairly successful in keeping the whole system low profile.

Once the cover is on there you wont even know its there... unless you know its there...I drops down about the same amount as a small trailer hitch assembly but because it sits back further it a bit more incognito. Sooo I was doing good, making good progress and then... I lost power. So thats it for now.

I will leave you all with funny picture I took tonight. What does this car say about the man that owns it???

Comment

• nice progress and that plate is epic. Wish my air setup was under the car.
      My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

• I can't believe how well you're pulling this off, nice work!

Dave's Muffler & More on the social network!!!
        DAVESMUFFLERANDMORE@GMAIL.COM

Comment

• Different, I like different.

Sent from my Dreamcast Web Browser using Tapatalk

Comment

• Man, solid amounts of awesome work!

Originally posted by Kielan
            Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

• Too legit.

Probably the only cool Taurus owner ever.
              - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

• As a previous Ford, I can truly appreciate the amount of work you've put into it for moar lows. I <3 this thread!
                sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

• Weeell. Hello all. I was out of town all last week, so no real progress to update. However my buddy Rob had a pair of stainless magnaflows that he wasn't going to use, so he was kind enough to donate them to the project.

And it was really nice out yesterday so I thought I would roll it out and take the opportunity to take some pictures of progress to date.

It needs more low still, but its getting there. I think I have a lip sorted for the front too, for some additional "fake low"

Comment

• I really like this dude, you've come along way. But I still think a different set of wheels would really set this off.

Originally posted by Kielan
                    Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

• I'm thinking body color on the wheels and once you are tucking rim in back, it will be mega hot. Just a thought.
                      My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

• you sir, are awesome

Comment

• I love this for 2 reasons. 1: It's quite different and 2: because WAGON!

Great work dude, the custom strut/mount setup is bad ass.
                          94 Saturn SW2 - T3s60 7psi, slammed, daily driven
                          94 Saturn SC2 - T3/T4, 13.4 @107 mph, built motor coming soon
                          --MegaSquirt user--

Comment

• Well to all of my followers, I apologize for the delay of progress. I did a bad bad thing and bought myself a new Spring/Summer ride, and well lets just say it needed a little attention. With projected 5 dollar a gallon gas this summer I needed something a little cheeper to drive. Soooooooooooo...This happened...

Now That the Rabbit is pretty much good for spring, I'm back on the wagon... so to speak.
                            I now have or have ordered everything to rap this up (with the possible exception of a Rockford mini amp) so I just need to build the cover for the compressor/tank and do some wiring. Here is the start of the cover.

I also built the gauge housing. I used the original housing for fords anti cup holder...cup holder. Now the piece serves a purpose other than spilling my drinks.

I'm going to be working on the car all weekend and trying finish all of the air ride stuff. Fingers crossed!

Comment

• I love this. Just because it is one of the ugliest cars ever produced. And you made it simply awesome.

Comment

• Looking good here!

Comment

Working...
                                X