A taurus wagon? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D&W View Post
    so when your are down that low is it aired out?

good work keep it up man!
    Yes. Its not as low as I want so I'll have to pocket the lower control arms. I'll buy a new set of course. Everything I have done so far is completely undo able. You never know what might happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckdee View Post
      i wanna see the rears tuck rim! great progress so far!
      Might need 20's...

Comment

• Hello all, no I'm not dead... I hope every one had a nice holiday season. Well I guess an update is in order. I started working on my management set up. The challenge has been making everything disappear. I'v been tucking things int o every nook and cranny to keep it as stealth as possible. There is a pretty good sized space in between the spare tire well and the rear bumper,under the car. Its about 7inches by 31inches. There is just enough room for a three gallon tank, the compressor, the moisture trap, and various sensors. I started by making an aluminum place in the shape of the opening and I will build a splash proof box using that plate as the foundation. As of right now I have it all laid out and bolted together but I still have to plumb it and hook up all of the wires, relays, and pressure sensors.

Since I need the bumper off to do the initial install of the of all of that shit, and for felt it necessary to make you remove the entire rear interior to get the bumper off I decided to do all of my shaving and mods to the bumper while it is already off. The car has factory duel exhaust, so why hide it? I have to nice stainless oval exhaust tips and might be getting so all stainless magnaflows in the next week or so. This can go one of two ways. Either It will look like a schukes mobile or it will be awesome. Lets hope for the latter. I started by marking where the exhaust needs to exit the bumper.

I acquired a bumper, of unknown origin, with some pretty bitchin' factory cut outs. I want the exaust to look O.E. so this was the best root.

Trace, cut, plastic weld...

Repeat on the other side. I'm also shaving the rear stem pads and the side markers.

I hope to have it all rapped up for the most part in the next couple weeks.

Comment

• You have got some serious skills and vision!

Your grandma would be proud.

Comment

• Hot! Keep shavin'.

You doing front bumper side lights, too? I never mastered the art of plastic body work, so this is interesting stuff.
            My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

• Yes sir all of the side markers will be shaved.

Comment

• it might just be a taurus but the quality of work being put in is top quality. plus im sure it's a challenge using a uncommon car to modify. keep up the good work

Comment

• Good stuff going on in this thread! Keep it up!!
                  StatusRacing.com
                  Configure YOUR Seat Here
                  Tel: 1.480.265.8600
                  Email: sales@statusracing.com
                  Fan us on Facebook

Comment

• Nice update sir!

Comment

• Fuckin' epic! Totally digging the bumper work, almost look like AP2 S2000 tip reliefs.

I was apprehensive at first I admit, but damn you know how to pull a car together. Mad proper.
                      - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

• In.

Comment

• I don't get on here too often (I should way more!!!) but its stuff like this that makes Stanceworks stand out!!

Im in for more!!! Great stuff man!!
                          The 513

Comment

• Wow. I can't begin to express how impressed I am with your boldness. People like you are the reason I stay in the car game. Glad to know there are still people out there looking to do something a little different. (no offense everyone, but c'mon how many stanced tauri? tauruses? lol)

Also, just a suggestion, but ever thought of doing the trunk with wood paneling on teh floor. it would look so much more baller!
                            $W∆G

Comment

• Originally posted by teeceRS View Post
                              Wow. I can't begin to express how impressed I am with your boldness. People like you are the reason I stay in the car game. Glad to know there are still people out there looking to do something a little different. (no offense everyone, but c'mon how many stanced tauri? tauruses? lol)

Also, just a suggestion, but ever thought of doing the trunk with wood paneling on teh floor. it would look so much more baller!
                              Your reply is contradicting itself. The wood floors in trunks are so common these days that it is pretty played out. I think he needs something original back there.
                              My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

• I have two friends with Tauruses of this year model and both are trying to modify them with lackluster results due to a poor aftermarket. I'm def showing this to them. Very impressed with the work.
                                | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

Working...
                                X