Project: Lady Vette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project: Lady Vette

Guess it is time to pull the lid off my new project hehe.

Some of you might remember the last two cars i have posted on here. first was my 93 corrado Wren:

and my 93 325is Geneva:

yeah the car with the art wheels

well a few months ago i made the decision to sell the corrado as the build was going no where and i had completely lost interest as well. i love the car but it was time to move on. I wasn't in a rush to find something new but it is funny how life throws you a curve ball. long story short i randomly found my dream car on CL and to top things off the car was ten minutes from my house...

i hadn't finished selling all the stuff from my corrado but i figured i would go take a quick look and here is what i found...

a 1973 Opel GT

but not just any 1973 Opel GT, this one had quite the build sheet. see these things came from the factory with a 1.9L 4cyl making maybe 100hp on a good day mated to a 4 speed and an open dif. they looked great but went nowhere.

this on the other hand...

Engine:
    - imported 2.4L block from germany
    - original 1.9L head w/ a ton of porting, bigger valves, and a custom roller cam setup
    - 278 degree cam w/ .470" valve lift
    - ported intake manifold
    - ported exhaust manifold
    - remote mount oil filter (the thing is huge, adds two quarts capacity)

Drivetrain:
    - Imported Getrag 5 speed
    - 9 lbs custom unorthodox racing flywheel
    - Centerforce PP clutch
    - ZF clutch type LSD w/ 3.67 gears

Suspension:
    - Custom front leaf spring (car uses a transverse leaf up front) to lower the front of the car properly
    - custom springs in the rear
    - KYB shocks all the way around
    - poly bushings just about everywhere

Interior:
    - Corbeau forza (i think) driver seat w/ 4 point simpson harness
    - momo steering wheel and shift knob
    - Optima redtop mounted behind the passenger seat

Wheels:
    -15x7 Enkei 92

I think it took me all of three minutes to say i would take it. i have wanted one of these since i was about three and i never EVER thought i would get to own one this cool.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWqfXkZzze4"]short clip of just how loud the car is...[/ame]

anywho...

plans are at this point to put the 2.4L head on the motor after it is ported and adapted to run the cam. i also have the manifolds to run sidedrafts on the 2.4l head which is going to make this thing a MONSTER. the car is currently running maybe 150-160 hp (going on the dyno saturday) and after the conversion i am looking closer to 220-240 hp.

oh and did i mention the car weighs 1850 lbs with a driver and gas...

also planning on repainting the car over the winter as well. the car has been used as a track car and since i am using it more as a weekend toy i wanted to seal the car up. i love the fact that the car still has its original paint but these cars were hand formed and came with some filler from the factory which is starting to pull away from the body. if these cars weren't known for rusting so bad i would probably leave it but since the body is rust free i want to keep it that way.

i just went out tonight with a buddy and took a few photos so those will be put up when i get them from him.

in the meantime i just wanted to let you all know what was next from me. i like being different and this fits that pretty good, i just hope you all like it as much as i do!

cheers!
    That Wheel Guy

Lowered Values

I'm so jelly. I have a spot in my heart for these things too, glad you had the opportunity to own one, and an amazing one at that! Though it needs no saying, enjoy it!

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

i loveee your wheels, I saw them at Eurowerks and thought they were pretty cool. the detail and creativity was amazing i have a pictures of each wheel

Comment

thanks, i actually just traded them for an audi. the new owner is hanging them up on a wall
        That Wheel Guy

Lowered Values

Comment

Thats kind of awesome.
          Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Good lord, looking forward to this one.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Sweetness!! This will be a beast build

Comment

quick teaser of the shot me and a buddy did today

That Wheel Guy

Lowered Values

Comment

Oh my god that thing is AWESOME! I can't wait to see what you do with it. What kind of side drafts are you putting on that little monster?
                  When in doubt, flat out

Comment

probably 45s but i might go 48s or 52s, but i have to do some research first. right now i am thinking 45s for drivability's sake
                    That Wheel Guy

Lowered Values

Comment

I had one of these as my first car...mine was mustard though.

"Everything has potential."

Comment

doesn't look like you've torn into it yet, but the quality of that last pic makes me want to follow this build.

Dave's Muffler & More on the social network!!!
                        DAVESMUFFLERANDMORE@GMAIL.COM

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-ger View Post
                          doesn't look like you've torn into it yet, but the quality of that last pic makes me want to follow this build.
                          you are correct sir! i'm waiting until after campwerks to start working, the car is too much fun to drive to not enjoy it for the rest of the summer
                          That Wheel Guy

Lowered Values

Comment

Alex, love your car man. Do you need a co-pilot for the drive to DB? I'm still waiting on that ride
                            Last edited by zdubvdub; 09-20-2011, 02:35 AM.

Comment

hard too find some clean raddos these days

Comment

Working...
                              X