No announcement yet.

Straight outta Germany - Vol 2: E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont know if u mentioned it, but thats the offset and width of these E39 wimz? theyre one of my fav stock wheels.
    I haz 4 wimz. need 4 more.

Comment

Originally posted by scaredofstance View Post
      dont know if u mentioned it, but thats the offset and width of these E39 wimz? theyre one of my fav stock wheels.
      Not E39 fitment, they're E38 fitment. E39 fitment is slightly different.

8x18 ET20

9x18 ET22

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post

8x18 ET20

9x18 ET22
        i m inspired to run the same fitment on my e36 sedan - did you solve your rubbing problem now with more rollin?

Will fender rollin solve this problem or camber is required?

if I roll front & rear fenders as much as possible, u reckon there will be still be rubbing during cornering or with heavy load in the car?

thks

Comment

ahhh. i see, danke

Comment

Incredible!

Comment

Originally posted by rrrr View Post
              i m inspired to run the same fitment on my e36 sedan - did you solve your rubbing problem now with more rollin?
              The front fits fine now, there was some slight rubbing while cornering, but some slight bump stops fixed that.

The rear... I raised it up as I lack the funds to either get the rears rolled more (they're already rolled, but not completely flat) by a shop, or have the rear arches repainted if I do it myself (as I'm quite certain I'm more likely to fuck up the paint than a shop or somthing).

Here is how it sits currently, rear is slightly raised up from the last pics and it fits fine now!

if I roll front & rear fenders as much as possible, u reckon there will be still be rubbing during cornering or with heavy load in the car?
              For the fronts, rolling is not necessary. Your suspension just has to be stiff enough, if it rubs, some slight bump stops will fix your problem here. No need to roll.

For the rears, either don't crank it as low or roll the rears more than I have (i.e. roll them completely flat).

Comment

love it... so wicked. das hamma

Comment

Wagons are win. End of story.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post

8x18 ET20

9x18 ET22
                    r u running stock brakes? I presume the E38 specs clears the brake calipers (without spacers needed etc)?

thks

Comment

• Yes, they clear the stock brakes without any problems at all. There's actually plenty of room to mount way bigger brakes. In fact, I do have some vague plans to mount the E46 330i front brake sometime next year, those are 325mm in diameter.
                      Last edited by Dr.AK; 04-19-2010, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Just want you to know: your car has officially helped me decide on my next DD/ project. It's gorgeous!!!

sigpic
                        Chi va piano va sano e lontano...
                        • MINI is sold. Next project? • E28 Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                          Yes, they clear the stock brakes without any problems at all. There's actually plenty of room to mount way bigger brakes. In fact, I do have some vague plans to mount the E46 330i front brake sometime next year, those are 325mm in diameter.
                          juz wat i want to hear.

thks!

Comment

• A small update.

You guys remember that back when I put the wheels on, I cranked the car lower and the rear had rubbing issues of the wheel lip rubbing against the fender? I cranked it back up 1 cm back then which apparently fixed the problem.

Not so easy, though... The shocks afterall were 2 years and slightly over 50.000 kms old. Soooo... they were worn, which led to the rear of the car sagging a little lower. Wich caused quite some wheel rub.

Long story short, I replaced the rear shocks today with some cheap TA Technix shocks, which fixed the problem. They're not great, but they'll do for the time being. Once the fronts become worn, I'll install a complete new set of coils anyways. Old ones were so done for, one of them didn't even decompress anymore when you compressed the shock.

Comment

• news on the car require new pics :P rules are rules

seriously i just want to see some new snaps
                              if i ever get a E36 Touring - yours will be my role model

Comment

• Just for you, my friend

Comment

Working...
                                X