Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, guess it's time to start my G37 build...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, guess it's time to start my G37 build...

Got the G in May and swore to myself that I wasn't going to mod it. Then some asshole in my old apartment complex hit my car and it kind of lost the new car feel so I said fuck it, let's go. The next day I picked up a set of wheels and ordered some coils.

Wheels, Vellano VSMs 20x11 et25 and 20x9.5 et15:

Coils are BC Racing BR Type with 14/12 springs, and the coilovers properly revalved to deal with the increases stiffness of the springs. Installed them and figured I would try the fronts all the way down, and the rears about halfway and this is what I got:

Obviously it needs some tweaking. For the 20s the fronts will probably have to come up some, and the rears need to come down about two inches which won't be a problem. Only problem I've run into so far is that the wheels don't clear the brake calipers on the sport model, so I'll have to run spacer . After spacers the rears will end up at about at et 20 and the fronts will be at et -5, which from what I've gathered is 10mm more aggressive than what has been run before (I might be off, the G forums are pretty weak). Camber arms are in for the rear, and will be needed for the front most likely. Let's make it happen.

Oh, and as for the wheels, they won't be staying fully chrome. The faces will be getting a flat gunmetal finish and the lips will be fully stripped down and rechromed.

Comment

Do you really need a 20mm spacer up front to clear the sport brakes? I run them on my 35 coupe It will look good once you get it all dialed in.
      www.slammered-inc.com

Comment

A G37? Nice!

“ Driving down the road becomes a masterfully balanced ballet of dodging, looking ahead, and saying “oh shit.” "

- Mike Burroughs, Stanceworks

Comment

Originally posted by GreenGoblin View Post
          Do you really need a 20mm spacer up front to clear the sport brakes? I run them on my 35 coupe It will look good once you get it all dialed in.
          Unfortunately, yes. I did some measuring with washers and 20mm is the smallest I can get away with. These wheels were run on a 35 before, but I guess the 37 brakes are so much bigger that it needs that much more space. Made what was going to be pretty simple bolt on fitment into a royal pain in the ass... If I can't figure out a way to make it work I can just flip the wheels for the same price I got them for, so I didn't really see any harm in picking them up.

Update:

And the rear is going...

Down.

And just for le comparison.

Comment

Wow stock height is... eww. It looks so much better lowered. Can't wait to see the wheels on it.

My build thread>http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31670

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Le update.

20x11 et7 255/35, 20x9.5 et ~-2 (I have it rested against the caliper just to get an idea, so once I space it out it will be about -5) w/ 235/35

I think the rear tires will work, but up front I'll be going with some 225/30s. Just wanted to give you guys an idea of where it is sitting! Don't mind the rag behind the front wheel, like I said, was just testing the wheel and didn't want to scratch the caliper.

Comment

Looks good so far!

Comment

The rear is tits. Can't wait to see the front spaced out.

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
                  http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

Thanks guys. That's about 20mm up front so I'm probably going to go with a 25mm spacers to have the fronts poking a little like the rears.

Comment

shit son this looks like it could get awesome
                      tumblr
                      myata

Comment

This thread potentially has potential.
                        StatusRacing.com
                        Configure YOUR Seat Here
                        Tel: 1.480.265.8600
                        Email: sales@statusracing.com
                        Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Fuckin' balleeeerrr. Looking good so far, keep it up.
                          Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
                          Internet high five for you.

Comment

Looks fantastic! Love black, love G37s, love low. This works for me on multiple levels! Not a huge fan of the wheels, but the package does look nice.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilIntentions View Post
                              Looks fantastic! Love black, love G37s, love low. This works for me on multiple levels! Not a huge fan of the wheels, but the package does look nice.
                              Wheels should be looking a lot different once they're not all blingy. Thanks for the kind words guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X