No announcement yet.

Bagged Mercedes W115...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool, love that its on air, it makes it so much better.
    Representing Norway Group

Comment

Got the bulk of the hardwood floor done today. Just have to do the back piece now and figure out what to do for trim. Wooden quarter-round looks great, but cant do any curves with it....

Also got the new tires mounted on the powdercoated steels this weekend...

Last edited by Zman86; 01-27-2013, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Just posting this to help, Hankook still makes those tires. You can get them all day long on layitlow.com, theres a member on there who sells them out of california. $50 each new, 175/70/14 is the size though.

As for cleaning the white walls, best trick i've found is to go to advanced auto and get some Castrol Super clean, Its a cleaner/degreaser. I spray it on the tires and let it sit for a minute then hose them off. They look like brand new after.
        Originally posted by Jesus Christ
        he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

baller
          Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

Originally posted by benz88 View Post
            Just posting this to help, Hankook still makes those tires. You can get them all day long on layitlow.com, theres a member on there who sells them out of california. $50 each new, 175/70/14 is the size though.

As for cleaning the white walls, best trick i've found is to go to advanced auto and get some Castrol Super clean, Its a cleaner/degreaser. I spray it on the tires and let it sit for a minute then hose them off. They look like brand new after.
            I ended up with 185/75R14's because they were all I could find up here (had to get them used at that), I would have preferred the 175/70's. However, I just needed something to replace the 35 year old Michelins that were on it asap, as I did not trust them at all...

As for cleaning, I've always used Spray-9 on whitewalls, spray it on, quick rub with your hand or a brush, hose them off. These are the only tires I've ever had not come clean with it...

Comment

Originally posted by Zman86 View Post
              I ended up with 185/75R14's because they were all I could find up here (had to get them used at that), I would have preferred the 175/70's. However, I just needed something to replace the 35 year old Michelins that were on it asap, as I did not trust them at all...

As for cleaning, I've always used Spray-9 on whitewalls, spray it on, quick rub with your hand or a brush, hose them off. These are the only tires I've ever had not come clean with it...
              hm weird. Anyways car looks good
              Originally posted by Jesus Christ
              he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

this cars already a legend...happy to see the wire wheels off it! keep it for the rest of your life and die a happy man!

Comment

Colour matched a set of hubcaps. Complete pain in the ass to mask and cut, but I think the end result was worth it...

Stripping the old ones...

Mind the overspray, this was just a tester, will end up on the spare wheel in the trunk...

The finished product...

Last edited by Zman86; 01-27-2013, 07:29 PM.

Comment

nicest wheels on the car so far.

build thread?

Comment

yep hub caps are the bomb for sure.

I have a set of real nice hub caps to clean up and repaint to replace my kinda dinged up ones.

I just bought a can of stripper tonight actaully so funny timing seeing this post! Any tips for me now you've done it?

what were the hardest parts of the masking? did you get any bleeding under the tape?

i was thinking of getting that meguirs aluminium/metal cleaner to try and really clean up the metal prior to painting

Comment

Originally posted by D&W View Post
                        yep hub caps are the bomb for sure.

I have a set of real nice hub caps to clean up and repaint to replace my kinda dinged up ones.

I just bought a can of stripper tonight actaully so funny timing seeing this post! Any tips for me now you've done it?

what were the hardest parts of the masking? did you get any bleeding under the tape?

i was thinking of getting that meguirs aluminium/metal cleaner to try and really clean up the metal prior to painting
                        I couldnt get any of the lines to come out crisp, paint bleed everywhere, and where you have to cut with a razor blade, its not a sharp edge to follow, its rounded, so the blade with walk up and down. They look good from ten feet away, but I'm not terribly happy how they turned out for the time I put into them (good three hours). I'm very curious as to how they painted them at the factory so perfectly...

As for tips, patience is good, a very sharp razor blade, and a very steady hand. Also, buy expensive masking tape, I didnt, now I wish I did

Comment

dont do that, it will only ad oil and grease to the metal surface and paint will curl.. bad idea

Comment

Originally posted by Bystrov View Post
                            dont do that, it will only ad oil and grease to the metal surface and paint will curl.. bad idea
                            i would properly wash/rinse them and then thoroughly clean with wax and greaser remove before painting so I think it might be ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Zman86 View Post

OH MY JEEBUS CHRISTO!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought for a second I was going to cry tears of happiness. That's a gorgeous piece of machinery...either set of wheels. I love seeing cars like this!
                              www.wetdub.com
                              IG: @jettajayne

Comment

i would properly wash/rinse them and then thoroughly clean with wax and greaser remove before painting so I think it might be ok?
                                with a bare hubcap that needs refinish i would strip it with aircraft stripper or 5F5, or sandblast with very fine media. then i would sand them down with 400 grit then 600 grit and move it to wet sanding the bare metal with 1000 grit for best results and stay away from any kinds of polish... then prime it, after primer use 2000 grit wet sand paper before applying paint. thats the right way of doing it...

Comment

Working...
                                X