No announcement yet.

Project: Loud Horn (corrado SLC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motor is going out soon, sound deadening should be going in in a week or two
    That Wheel Guy

Lowered Values

Comment

Weak. I'm gonna finish my Joupe first.

Ps. I have the shop with him.

Comment

and his joupe is going to be hot!
        That Wheel Guy

Lowered Values

Comment

Damn that thing looked super clean before. Cant wait to see it after!
          SeenItcrew.com

Comment

This will be win. I hadn't ever seen a Rado before this site somehow, but I do enjoy them. It's hella lip low though, you gonna get some skirts at all?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteStripes View Post
              This will be win. I hadn't ever seen a Rado before this site somehow, but I do enjoy them. It's hella lip low though, you gonna get some skirts at all?
              nope, trying to keep the outside as OEM as possible that lip is what came on the Euro SLCs.

Started powdercoating in the shop last night, got all of my pulleys done, i'll post pics as soon as my buddy sends them to me
              That Wheel Guy

Lowered Values

Comment

did some organizing and such but i snapped a few pics of the pulleys

i also re worked the white board a bit

stripped the back of the corrado out

and organized two of my shelves (there are three)

then Tim and Davis had a bit of fun with the parts washer

That Wheel Guy

Lowered Values

Comment

Haha, sticker attaack!!!

Makes sense with the OEM+ look, it's quickly becoming a favorite style of mine. Pulleys look nice.

Comment

love corrado's

Comment

yeeeaaaaa! Dagnasty and 7 Seconds stickers! Someone's got some great old school punk rock taste

Comment

Originally posted by Dmasters View Post
                        yeeeaaaaa! Dagnasty and 7 Seconds stickers! Someone's got some great old school punk rock taste
                        we do indeed!
                        That Wheel Guy

Lowered Values

Comment

Originally posted by Dmasters View Post
                          Oh hai! That would be me. I heart punk rock!

Comment

practiced welding for a bit this weekend but spent most of the time cleaning out the interior and and the shop as we were parking the last of the cars in for the winter. hopefully i'll have more time next weekend to actually get the bay all welded up.
                            That Wheel Guy

Lowered Values

Comment

UPDATE TIME!!!!!

been spending a lot of time in the engine bay cutting, grinding, welding and then grinding again has been a lot of fun since this is a big learning experience for me. I have never taken a build quite this far before but things have been going well and i know it is going to turn out great.

The rain tray is now totally out, i don't know how many of you have tried to shave your engine bay but this thing is quite a pain to get out probably have over 30 hours into this one thing...

there are spot welds all over the place and getting to them normally ends up meaning using a dremel with a grindng stone and grinding them out as opposed to drilling.

here are a few pics of what the area looks like now:

have also done a lot of welding, filling holes and such. I am going for a shaved look but i am keeping all of the panel seams since i love the way they look.

one of the big things i am doing is putting a flat plate in where the battery tray was. i kind of F'ed the area up and there was a bit of rust (the only spot on the car) so i just decided to make both sides look even.

old pic

then i cut it out

and here is the plate that is going in

and here are just a few pics of me working cuz i am just a whore in a blue suit

Man it feels good to cross stuff off!

and one just for fun

hopefully i'll get more done this weekend!
                              That Wheel Guy

Lowered Values

Comment

motor is headed to the machine shop next week and hopefully it will be done before i go out of town (only getting it honed, block and head decked, and cleaned) but it doesn't really matter as i most likely won't get it assembled till after i get back which might make me put sending it out till after i get back
                                That Wheel Guy

Lowered Values

Comment

Working...
                                X