X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 Nissan 570sx

Yall may remember my old s13 coupe...

Well this is my replacement...

It all started when I bought my first 240 to build a drag car but that car was far to fucked to do anything with so i parted it out and sold the rest of it back to the original owner lol. I purchased my coupe next and yet again got another fucked up car but I modded it still. i got it looking pretty nice then my buddy said he needed a car for his gf so he offered to trade his 240 shell + cash for my coupe. i was like fuck it what do i got to lose i was gonna rip out the motor anyways at least this frame wasn’t fucked.

so we traded cars and on march 1st I was the proud owner of a 240 shell with no suspension and nothing on the car. When I got the car I took no time to waste and got my suspension on (mdu coilovers) and my wheels from my other 240 (xxr006). by the end of the night I had the car sitting on the ground slammed and looking good.

The original plan was to buy my buddy's back up motor for his dragster but i couldn’t afford it. So my next free day me and my buddy Eddie went junkyard hunting for a sbc. We finally got to u pull it and talked to the guys running the place and they said they had just got a chevy truck in that I could possibly pull the motor from. We checked out the motor and it turned over and had compression when we rotated the assembly so the next step was to negotiate the price and get working on pulling the motor. By time the junkyard was closing we had the motor and trans pulled and started loading it into my buddy's van. We got back to the car around five and decided to shoe horn the motor in.

Well we got it in but there was no way in hell that the car was gonna work like that so we just left it there for the night. we started drinking next to the car and we were both starring at the cutoff wheel and we basically said fuck it lets make it fit tonight and we did. The next day Eddie got the motor mounts welded in so the motor was sitting pretty now. I’m gonna skip through the bull shit drama that happened all around this phase. The car ended up at a new location and work continued. i soon acquired more parts that I needed an some that I didn’t. the plan from the start was to TT the SBC but after Eddie showed me the first turbo we both came to the conclusion that a single was enough.

After more motivational and only being 9 days into the build we decided to tackle the next big step, which was the tunnel and god, this is a bitch. We picked up some recycled sheet metal to make the tunnel since I didn’t really care what it looked like. So we bent cut and tacked shit in place and got a pretty wicked looking tunnel.

After a couple more days we started to get the turbo mani's mocked into place. With the size of the turbo we needed lots of exhaust pressure and a short distance of travel for minimal lag so what better place to put it than right in front of the motor. We got more stuff for the car and got a lot of stuff buttoned up and got all the minimal wiring stuff done to start the car. This is where shit started to go downhill, and quickly. We tried starting the car with loading the motor with just the essentials to fire up, spark fuel and air. Well we kept doing it and figured the dist had to be 180 off since it wasn’t firing. Well we re stabbed it and tried starting it and it started to go so we added more fuel. Well when we opened up the throttle to add my fuel the carb backfired. This caught the fuel in the bottle on fire, which was dropped, which caught the car on fire then almost the house. We were able to put the fire out with the water hose. I almost gave up on the car that night but the next day when we looked over it we realized it really wasn’t too bad.

We kept our heads up and kept working. We finished up all the wiring for all the lights and everything for the car to run and drive. We did a pretty epic wire tuck and took out about 20lbs of wiring oh and we cut some holes in the hood to make stuff fit!

turbo v8 240sx
    Last edited by picsbypenny; 07-21-2011, 02:06 PM.
    95 240SX - 2JZ
    95 Silvia - KA-T

im not sure if i **** this or love it. its certainly different. i think my mind will be made up when i see it slide. bring on the drift videos!
    sigpic
    Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
    Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
    Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

Why not go fuel injected?

Comment

Awesome cant wait to see this continue and hear and see it run

Comment

Fuel injection stuff at the minimum for a SBC you are gonna spend around 7-800 bucks. People have been boosting carbd SBC's for longer than most of us have been alive, yeah EFI would be cool and all, but they work just fine without it.

Car has some major potential, what trans are you running behind that? I hope not a T5..

Comment

This is sick! I cant wait to see more of this! Do yall have any more documentation of making the engine mounts?
            Originally posted by JC.
            'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

dude

keep going, now
              4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Epicness...moar!!!

Comment

Very interesting. I'll be following this for sure.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

such a sick build, keep it up dude
                    Instagram: danimal._
                    Mercedes Build Thread
                    Falcon Build Thread

Comment

you have a tough road ahead. out of all the motors that bolt right in, u said "fuck it i wanna fabricate", i'll be watching

Comment

hmm not what i expected when i clicked on the thread

i was thinking this was going to be another LS1 swap, props to being different
                        Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

Set from my sunset shoot Can't wait to get her in paint!
                          95 240SX - 2JZ
                          95 Silvia - KA-T

Comment

im not sure how i feel but i bets its fast.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

I like this a lot, turbo sbc ftmfw. So with this engine being out of a truck does that mean it came with four bolt mains? Would be even more awesome if it did.
                              Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
                              Internet high five for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X