No announcement yet.

I Like Exclusive: V. 2.0 Fairlady Z content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ that's what I was thinking. gauges in those side pods would be pretty ideal placement

regardless, looking forward to seeing what you do with them

Comment

• nice stuff!
      2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
      2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
      1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

• Can't believe I never saw this build. This is AWESOME! Keep going man, lot of talent. I wish I just half your skills!
        Last edited by SLC450; 01-10-2014, 04:27 PM.
        Current cars:
        Mercedes-Benz SLC450 1977
        Hyundai Accent 2001 (I know right)

Comment

• Words cannot describe this build.

Comment

• greatest thing ever. I didn't even know this car still existed. Glad to see it still does and is still in tip top form.
            stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

• Wow, this is the best looking 300 ZX I've ever seen. Congratulation for this amazing car man
              IG: @blk_gtr

Comment

• thanks everyone.

minor updates since its been nearing zero degrees out, and the newest products on the spinfab product lines are in full craziness..

cooling: 2012 the bay was almost there, and everyone deemed it perfect, but in my mind the small details were far from perfect. The standard off the shelf TT radiator that I had on the car was one of those things that just pissed me off. It was about an inch too tall meaning that you saw it peeking out behind the radiator support like so...

that obviously was not going to cut it.. So as most know, i redesigned the entire front radiator support on the car, getting rid of the latch mechanism, radiator hold down, the dead space between the headlights that just looked funny

so, as documented a few pages back and not yet shown, here is a pic from about 8 months ago prior to wet sanding of the almost final product with the fascia and fenders just laying there since they were coming right back off

This will be shown in much further detail once I get everything back together in hopefully about 8 weeks time.

But, here you can see (radiator not installed) that it looks far cleaner... so obviously custom radiator is the next step

A ton led to this step, so its not an easy 1+1=2 thing here. Its a fully custom triple core that is 20" wide and 15" tall and about 3.75" thick. That coupled with the notching to sit between the headlight buckets, custom end tanks, the -16AN bungs for the inlet and outlet, and the bungs for the two sensors and you have a few months of planning and fabrication.. That then coupled with a nice SPAL e fan doing more cfm than the pair that it replaced on the old radiator, bent up a piece of aluminum as a rear shroud to hold in the radiator, and we are all set.

well, not just yet.

the radiator now mounts under the new radiator support (hidden out of sight), but lets bring up a few dimensions. Under my newly fabbed upper radiator support we have about 19.7" of height between it and the lower. The radiator is 15" tall. I wonder why that is.

well heres why. Why not fab up a custom one off oil cooler. 20" wide, 3.875" tall, 10 rows, -8AN bungs on each far end right behind the headlight buckets..

Now all thats left is some AN lines into the frame rails, and then I am going to be laser cutting a custom panel that frames both of these units and covers the dead space on both sides of the rad. Some satin black powder, and thatll be all set

Dont mind the filthy bay.. Lots more detail soon to discuss these pieces just discussed, but i figured to start the work week off, might as well do a quick update
                sigpic
                1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
                1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

• Amazing work Vince=)
                  95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Omgsh.... speechless

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• its so interesting how the more you take away that more things pop up and stand out that also need to be taken away.

Comment

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                        Omgsh.... speechless

Me too... Love that gif Pretty well sums up what I was thinking...

Does it run yet??? How are the wires?
                        -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                        '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                        '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• Jesus, love how we all thought it was "perfect" but you're still perfecting it. Keep it up man

Comment

• I've just sat for 3hours and read this entire thread, just simply astonishing! One of the best build threads I've ever seen, one of the best cars too!

Amazing

Comment

• I've just sat for 3hours and read this entire thread, just simply astonishing! One of the best build threads I've ever seen, one of the best cars too!

Amazing

Comment

• Originally posted by Schism View Post
                                I've just sat for 3hours and read this entire thread, just simply astonishing! One of the best build threads I've ever seen, one of the best cars too!

Amazing
                                ^+1 damn can't wait to see the final product of the dash

Comment

Working...
                                X