No announcement yet.

The saga of another TE72 wagon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok guys finally got my pic of the tach enjoy!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

bro, mean car, u shuld get sum wheels fro it now
      New Zealand thread: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22785

Comment

Sorry my other pic wouldnt load. Its essentially the same, just a pic of my new tach.

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Comment

when I had my 80 te72 I was looking into doing a swap using the v6 turbo Buick gn setup... the work to get that all together wouldve killed me. I wish I had kept that car... a swap like that wouldve been one-of-a-kind. whatever you swap will be awesome Im sure. but redoing the 3tc, in stock form will net around high 40 mpg mileage

Comment

Actually, i have been thinking about doing a v6 swap into the car. No one does them and it would be easier to do than a v8 and actually ive "always" well since ive settled into the car scene anyways, been a fan of the unconventional. I love being different. Ive been looking into doing either a chevy 2.8 v6 (yes it is small, and not too powerful, but its easy to set up and can handle boost from the factory like a champ), a chevy 3.4 v6 from the mid 90s camaros (these motors are solid foundations for power and reliability), or even possibly a ford 3.8 v6 from the late 90s mustangs (they are sick when boosted). I am still a little unsure of what my plans are still. The 3tc has such a large potential though. I am just not a fan of 4 cylinder sound. Im not worried about making tons and tons of HP. Its just not who i am anymore. Im still into drifting and track racing, but i need a DD right now lol, not a race car. I like simple, modified, and conventional as far as being driven.

This is the Chevy 2.8 Carbd version i want. It probably makes around 120-130hp maybe a little more. but its different. Almost no one goes for these engines.

Comment

Do the 3.4 from the Camaro, Upgrade the heads and intakes to 3500 heads from the newer 3.5, a nice lumpy cam and your good.
              Originally posted by Jesus Christ
              he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

Oh and also, has anyone installed a v6 or v8 in these cars? what will i have to do as far as my steering box is concerned? and also does anyone know of any crossmembers that would fit a te72 to handle the added weight of a v6 or v8?

Comment

Originally posted by joshuawheat View Post
                  Oh and also, has anyone installed a v6 or v8 in these cars? what will i have to do as far as my steering box is concerned? and also does anyone know of any crossmembers that would fit a te72 to handle the added weight of a v6 or v8?
                  that will probably need to be mostly custom, as I cant see anyone still having kits for these cars. It is hard enough to still find parts.

Comment

I say dont do a v8 or v6 swap a 4agor 4agze or if your feeling rich a 3sge beams

Comment

Ok i made some progress in the past few days, I actually went and got a lip and custom fit it to the wagon. I found a blazer lip and cut it and ground it and did some Boso zip tie mechanics and now i have a Boso Style lip that i love. I know that it isnt everyones style, and ****** gonna ****, but i love it! Enjoy!

Comment

Oh random pic of the day. I thought i was the only one in the OKC area with a cool wagon. I was wrong. This person at wal mart right up the road had a cressida wagon that i'd like to do work on.

Comment

Alright, slight update, I have been doing just a little maintenance on the car. I replaced the exhaust manifold gasket, and the O/2 sensor. I also fixed the exhaust leak that had developed.
                          [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.ushttp://[/IMG]

Oh, and also. As everyone is probably aware of, I am having issues trying to find wheels for my car (seeing as how this is my first car im doing fitment and trying to get stance on, im having issues. But regardless, i have been doing some research and have come across some old hayashi knockoffs). The Rota Aleica. I love the look of these wheels. I am most likely going to get these in pink, yes, pink and i dont care what anyone says, these pink wheels are badass x10 ! anyways, enjoy.

Comment

did i hear Rota?!?!

just keep in mind

Before

After

Comment

Ive seen a lot of rota rims that have lasted. Ive actually never seen a rim just snap like that. The hayashis are substantially more though. I may just go hayashi if i find that more rotas break like this.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuawheat View Post
                                Ive seen a lot of rota rims that have lasted. Ive actually never seen a rim just snap like that. The hayashis are substantially more though. I may just go hayashi if i find that more rotas break like this.
                                Rotas are fine as long as you're not using them on the track or smashing into curbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X