No announcement yet.

The saga of another TE72 wagon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please restore this...you got a good base and these are disappearing. Like the progress
    I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Comment

Thank you. I appreciate the support. I will eventually fully restore this. Right now though, i am trying to get the functionality before the form. lol. Just suspension, wheels, and motor stuff, then the paint and bodywork will commence.

Comment

im thinking on my wheel setup ima go with the xxr 501 or the Shakotan.

Shakotan
        [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Comment

Shakotan all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuroda View Post
            Shakotan all the way!
            x2.

also, i **** it when i vacuum my car and the changes color, dont you?
            1999 Slammed W202 - RIP
            1962 Ford Ranchero - Olivia (Current Project)

if i wanted to be unoriginal, i'd own a BMW.

Comment

shakotan

from some angles this resembles an old passat wagon
              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Shakotan. Im not in the least bit biased either...

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Alright, I finally got some HP Gains! Yeah its about time too lol! Enjoy

Comment

Also, I was leaning toward the Shakotans, but they are expensive lol

Comment

Ok i am now searching for and researching motor swaps. I am now stuck between either keeping the 3tc, or going with...

Built 302 Carbureted

Or 2Jz

Comment

dude, keep the 3tc. thats what I will be doing in my liftback. there is nice potential in these motors

Comment

Yeah these 3tc motors are capable of some HP. I have just been looking at the different routes of car types i like. I love v8s (had a few of them) and turbo line 6 motors (had a turbo 280zx) but the gas mileage of the 3tc is absolutely insane

Comment

The 302 V8 is a very common swap along with the Chevy V8s..... It's pretty cut-n-dry but with the same amount of effort, you can go EFi V8 with the 1jz (which is the one im doing once I get everything I need for it plus when I blow the 3tc when I turbo it). The 2JZ is a pretty sick swap but it WILL cost you more to do starting with just buying the motorset/wires/ecu..ect.....and it will require the most modifications of the rest. Ive seen it, I like it, I just would rather pickup a 1UZ for 350bux and go from there rather than 2-2500 for the 1jz+++........
                            The 3tc has tremendous potential whether you go with Mikunis/Weber side drafts/cam/ect OR convert to EFi and turbo it OR what im going to do to mine and go PUSH-through Turbo ........

1982 Toyota Corolla Wagon TE72 build thread

Comment

Forgot the swap you already added 10HP LOL. Instead, save the money and buy shakotan's. The car will say thank you!
                              Cheers!

Comment

I might go 1UZ but this is my actual first real project car. Ive had others (trucks ETC ETC) but i just did routine maintenance on them. I procrastinated with almost all of them, except for my ae86 i used to own. I did do some work to it, but not a motor swap. I would like to stick with a carbureted setup. Its simple, and it would be easier on me since this would be my first motor swap. Im not worried about power. I used to be into going real real fast lol. Ive had turbo cars and built v8s but im just looking for clean and modified now. I would rather have a good DD that is different and badass. I love v8 sound and torque. But i love 4 cylinder fuel economy.

Oh just a little off topic for a minute. I just got my tach installed yesterday. I will have pics later on (probably in the morning) of the tach and how it sits. Looks good IMO. Its not a big one and it doesnt block my stock gauges.

Comment

Working...
                                X