No announcement yet.

Davegerous E21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That sucks man. Hopefully you'll get enough money for another one. It's always nice having a fresh start.
    I dislike Byron.

Comment

• yea, hopefully. There are a lot of cool cars out there, and it would be nice to work on another platform. I was to the point on this one where I was just slowly making it more daily driver friendly/non-rickety. That initial feeling of satisfaction of lowering a fresh project will be nice to have again if I start over with something else.

Dave's Muffler & More on the social network!!!
      DAVESMUFFLERANDMORE@GMAIL.COM

Comment

• Im really gutted for you it makes me feel even more sad when i see a old skool bmw like yours wrecked to the point where you have to take it off the road for good and that the car has helped you through some hard times hang in there tho im sure you will find another in time....
        Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

• Jeez man, tough break on the rear-end.
          I'm surprised at how little has been said about the fact you put a rotary in an E21, sounds pretty crazy to me.
          Originally posted by Stupid Kid
          You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

• Sad to hear man. Hope it all works out for the better. Cars are a way to express yourself and escape from the day to day problems. There's a point you reach when you've invested so much of yourself into a vehicle that it becomes a part of yourself. So when losing one like this it's like losing a part of yourself. The good thing is that there's always something else out there that needs someone to invest the time into it. I'm sure you'll find another project to fiddle with in due time. I'm sorry to hear about your e21. It was a very cool little car.
            Hit me up for all your quality used bmw parts needs! http://properperformance.com/ IG: Lowlygent

Comment

• Thanks lads. If I don't keep it and save it and/or turn it into more of a drift car, I'll probably sell it to a friend that wants to save it. It has a good chance of some more life from here.

I did have fun driving it last night.

I'll never forget the satisfaction of that initial puff of smoke as I would pull out of my driveway and start down the road.

Comment

• This car is officially for sale. I'll make a classified ad and put a link to that on here when I get more time.

I'd love to keep it, but I don't have the time right now to try out the body work it would take to be happy with it. It does still drive fine, so the thought of keeping as a drift car is crossing my mind, just a matter of not having the time to go drift it (legally that is), and having too many vehicles and not a great place to store a rear ended E21.

It would make a great car for someone who wants a budget project as it did for me, or it would make a good drift car. I'd like to see it carry on rather than parting it out and scrapping the shell. if I scrap the shell, I'll keep the rotary stuff for another day just in case unless I get a good offer on it.

anyways, this thread is nearing an end. I'll get the car in for sale mode (keeping some things on it for sure, but it will still be drivable), and that will probably be the story of it for me. I'll miss this car always.

Comment

• I just read this entire thread and got so excited. I love your "fuck it, I got this" attitude towards fixing and building everything yourself. You really didn't let the car ever beat you, you just kind of dealt with it as it came.

So sorry to hear your toy got smacked, other people just fucking suck. All the best to you, and I'm looking forward to your next project.
                  BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                  Originally posted by Ollie
                  We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                    I just read this entire thread and got so excited. I love your "fuck it, I got this" attitude towards fixing and building everything yourself. You really didn't let the car ever beat you, you just kind of dealt with it as it came.

So sorry to hear your toy got smacked, other people just fucking suck. All the best to you, and I'm looking forward to your next project.

Thank you sir, I'm sad about this car, but very excited about my new project. Stay posted for that, it's not far along enough for a build thread yet. soon though.

Comment

• Build thread for my new obsession:

Post your build threads here! Keep us updated on what you're doing in your garage.

it has a long way to go, but it's off to a good start if I don't say so myself.

I will always miss the E21, but the new ride is way better for me at this point in my life, and it's really nice to start a new project. besides some interior and exterior cosmetics and wheels, I was running out of things to do with the E21 anyways. Things work out in an interesting way sometimes.

Thanks for tuning into the saga of the Davegerous E21. It was fun, it was educational, it was a life experience.

FIN

Comment

• I loved that car ! ... gives me some good idea for when I tackle mine ... it's sad that it got rear ended !
                        1982 e21 (project)
                        1980 jetta (project)
                        1984 e28 (daily)
                        1984 jetta (daily)

Comment

• thanks man, I will always miss it. I do love my E46, so that definitely helps me cope.

feel free to post in here or PM me if you feel the need to ask some E21 questions. I got to know that car more than I ever thought I would.

Comment

Working...
                          X