Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great work, makes me miss my s13.

Comment

So to add to the angst and suffering of my car... I went to a drift event and my timing chain tensioner slipped... Yay bent valves.

I get the car home and swap heads with a buddies of mine and go through MANY trouble shooting deals to get it to run again... Had timing issues because my intake cam was off a tooth. I fixed it and took the car for a ride and it pulled harder than it has in a while...

I get down the road and it starts running weird then quits... We pull it back to the shop only to find I didn't torque the cam sprocket bolt like a retard. I re-set the timing and it doesn't start... go figure. I do a compression test and have good compression on 1,2, and 4 but 3 is zero... considering my cam did a 180 I bent the valves on cylinder three.

It's okay though because I have acquired an SR20 that I am planning on building. And while my car is down it's getting redone with a cage and all... Should be a new car by the time I'm done.
      -bump steer makes driving more exciting- (>_<) ヨシ ドリ
      Garage Tune LLC - Will try to match or beat ANY PRICE they can

Comment

Damn man nice work so far. Cant wait to see the finished product.
        3000GT-Clean daily project.

Comment

Thanks man I appreciate it! Lol you are gonna have to wait for a while for the finished product haha I'm broke...

Anyhow I am ordering two intake valves for the third cylinder and new head gasket and intake gaskets next week and hopefully shipping doesn't take for ever and I'll have it running for something to drive here soon.

Comment

Put new valves in, still waiting on my paycheck to pick up a head gasket and intake manifold gasket.

Here is one of the valves.

I had the valve guides checked out to be sure they were okay and I was reassured so I went ahead and put the valves in. Everything is ready to go back together just waiting on gaskets.

Comment

Damn this is making me want to get started on my pignose even more! I already got the coilovers now I just need to weld the diff and yay dorifto time! haha then wheels when I can afford them.
              -Brandon-

Comment

sweet 240 man, love the wheels!!

Comment

IT LIVES! 18 Bent valves, two tensioners, two heads, and an ungodly amount of frustration it actually LIVES!!! +Semi wire tuck too lol. Will post pics later.

Comment

Working...
                  X