X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn this has come on quite a way!
    sigpic

Comment

• in between showers of rain, i test fit the wheels today.

this is 8.5" et-19 ish. 3" outer lip, 5.5" inner barrel with no flare on car. would be boss as #### if i wasnt going grp2 kit.

this is 9.5", cbf working out offset. using a 4" inner barrel as the outer for testing. once i dial out camber, it should sit pretty nice with a chunky tyre.

sitting all the way down with current known camber

jacked up a bit to even out camber. stick for rough idea on gap to flare

40mm between 5.5" inner and control arm, means i can bump it up to a 7" inner barrel(with mm to spare :p), hello 11" wheel!!

wheels clear the calipers nicely, unlike the simmons, so i wont need any spacers. the handbrake lever on the caliper does graze the barrel when its all the way out, so if new barrels dont clear them, i'll get iblown to make me up some new levers that will clear.

and now the front. 8.5" et-19ish. plenty of clearance from the tie rod, not sure if i'll get a 1/2" bigger outer and leave camber or not yet. if i do, i might use the 4" inner barrels, or maybe buy a 4.5-5" inner.

quick shot of one sitting on the car, rain started more constant, so its not bolted on.

front on shot, again, once i dial out camber, the 3" lip should sit nice.

Comment

• got these today, might run them all the time, if not, its 2 screws per to swap them for cruises/shows.

Comment

• one word...EPIC

Comment

• Amazing stuff here! Love the PLS wheels!

Not a fan of the blue corner IMO

Comment

• so the e21s been outside since april, because i needed space in the shed to do the m3 motor, and then we were gonna clean up the shed.... well, thats finally happened(mostly), so now theres enough space to get her back in there!!

also started her up for the first time in ages(think i last got it running when we pulled the car out), running a bit rough/misfiring, but stale fuel and dry carbs will do that. need to drain the tank and throw in some new plugs and such sometime. next thing is to get this damn diff sorted so it can move.

Comment

• decided to have a play with the e21 today, put the quick ratio rack back together, when i originally built it, the pinion gear was machined incorrectly, stopping me from putting a circlip in. i left it out at the time, and it felt ok, but oncein the car, it had some light up and down movement, which resulted in freeplay at the steering wheel.

so i ended up pulling it apart ages ago, machined down some of the pinion for the bearing to slide on further, but the grooove for the circlip was still too small. today i decided to just thin down the circlip a bit.

all back together, and it feels good. will know for sure once its in the car.

boring picture :p

and i cleaned all the random bits of junk out of the interior, tried putting the glovebox back in, but some wiring and the relays get in the way now, will have to trim the glovebox a bit, but thats no biggy.

need to rip the seats out and redo the floor, got some surface rust at the front, from when it was sitting outside for so long.

really cant wait to be driving this thing again

Comment

• ive been following your e36 build and just came across this one unreal!!! ill be following this from now on cant wait to see where u go with this one

The carbs are slick and i love the wheels/brakes keep up the good work
                  my build thread:
                  http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...730#post930730

Comment

• amazing fab work!!!
                    Hit me up for all your quality used bmw parts needs! http://properperformance.com/ IG: Lowlygent

Comment

• cheers guys. was good to work on it yesterday, felt like ive been neglecting her for so long.

Comment

• did some more today, removed the old alternator bracket and worked out new bolt lengths, then i made a new bottom spacer for the alternator bracket, because i cant find the other one!! also worked out bolt lengths for bracket

and decided id redo the wiring above glovebox.

this is how it looked when id finished it last time, just a big bundle of wires in one spot. its because i hadnt done them to the right lenghts, and was a tad over wiring at that point.

so i stripped the tape off today, and will start shortening them all maybe next weekend

Comment

• diff arrived yesterday, pulled the back cover off today, and was greeted with this

for those that have no idea what theyre looking at, its a s15 helical diff center. so looks like ill be throwing this diff straight in after i measure up the output shafts so i can get some cv adapters made.

ill try and sell off the obx lsd, or throw it in the cupboard as a backup.

Comment

• damn, this E21 is looking mighty fresh, not 100% on the blue corners, but ahh, who cares, this car is flippin nuts

Comment

• Originally posted by lewda View Post
                              damn, this E21 is looking mighty fresh, not 100% on the blue corners, but ahh, who cares, this car is flippin nuts
                              haha, cheers. the blue corners were a "why the hell not" decision. i wont be rocking them all the time, only for shits and giggles at car shows/etc.

Comment

• yesterday i spent measuring up the output shaft bolt pattern and replicating it in my 3d app, so i can get my mate to make new adapters for me. today i found my old adapters, and threw the 5 bolt pattern on top of the new one, to find the new bolt pattern will actually fit on the old one and clear the old holes. so now i gotta send them to my mate to do a redrill for me.

i also pulled the old diff out of the car, so i could raid the front mount bushes off it, which were in tight(steel on steel, silly idea), dad managed to break them free, so i threw some antiseize on them and banged them in the new diff, along with the rear mount.

now i just need to thow some fresh oil in it and put it back in.

Comment

Working...
                                X