No announcement yet.

Heist's Build Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I started this project I knew rust was going to be a problem... but damn. I can't seem to get it under control. It just keeps popin' up all over. Not to mention the shitty job they did of fixing the cars issues. Putting bondo over rust in place of what should be metal is typical for the car. I love using a lot of bondo to sand off and get a thin layer that is smooth at the end of the job, but they just slapped it on and kept it thick and shitty. rant/

A little bondo removed and it looks like they had replaced the edge in the past... so I cleaned it and added some weld to the top and bottom.

Received some spacers from ireland for my coilovers to fix my clunk noise! Stocked on this.

Comment

• coming along nicely, very jealous

Comment

• This just might be my current favorite build right now. You are doing an outstanding job can't wait to see it finished.

I like em dropped.

Comment

• thanks^!

Comment

• Just went through the lot, great work man. Wish I had half your skills.
            I first saw those fenders and was thinking oh no.. came out pretty good though.

Is the flatness of the top rear arch something these cars have or? It's the only thing that looks a bit off, I don't know these cars at all though.

Comment

• yeah I really wanted the original lines just embossed. The top is flat and the rears pull down. Here is a photo for reference. A lot of people will think I messed up, but really I wanted the fenders to have the tilt and not just the typical half circle.

Comment

• Anyways so tonight I hopefully fixed the clunk in the front suspension.
                Added small spacer in the tube.
                (rough cut I sanded it flat)

basic idea of how it works

~.125 of the shock showing to clamp

repacked the bearings in the camber plate

Comment

• This build is awesome man. I feel you on all that bondo work, Ive had to do a ton on mine, it sucks but doesnt come out bad at all if you take your time. Cant wait to see it finished!

Comment

• Seeing the original, it makes perfect sense (Y)

Comment

• This build is amazing.. great job.

Comment

• Thanks^

snapped a couple pictures since I can put her in the street. I raised the front/back a lot when I was fixing the clunk so ride height is off, but you get the idea imagine at least an inch lower all the way around. I really want to tuck rim in the back... just don't know if its possible still need to get the exact MM on clearance so I can order smaller spacers for the front and rear.

Side view:

Comment

• wow that is awesome. love the work you did on the fenders
                          Straight Outta Wiscompton
                          Team Gileto. Graphics-Coatings-Performance
                          Shakotan Midnight - Low Car Street Team

Comment

• Thank you! I was really worried it was going to turn out shitty, but the lines have held pretty true.

Comment

• Looks like a Beast right now !

Comment

• Wait till its dialed in. the ass should look pretty rude. I'm so anxious to get it perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X