No announcement yet.

Heist's Build Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please tell me you are doing some form of boost sir.

Comment

• Was that a picture of you purge testing an injector?

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by aeok18109 View Post
        please tell me you are doing some form of boost sir.
        Currently I can't afford to finish it as is, but in the future I really want to. Goal one is to get it moving on the street. I mean come on... does anyone ever think I will stop building this? boost will just be the start...

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
        Was that a picture of you purge testing an injector?
        Yeah I had a few issues with the injectors. They sat for so long they started to stick and I cleaned out a lot of yummy black gum. Cool little trick, works well.

Comment

• I love that photo of the empty engine bay, I hope it will look like that when complete.

Comment

• I saw those wires and my balls retreated into my belly lol

Comment

• I'm new to this thread but is that an F20? and if so why not a K series engine?

Comment

• in my opinion you're asking the wrong question, the question should be why not an f20?

keep up the great work heist

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                I saw those wires and my balls retreated into my belly lol

^ awesome, I had a similar reaction

Comment

• Originally posted by M M View Post
                  I love that photo of the empty engine bay, I hope it will look like that when complete.
                  Hopefully even more tucked. I'm working on zero wires as my goal, but I'm not sure if it's possible on this platform.

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                  I saw those wires and my balls retreated into my belly lol
                  Best way to explain how those wires make me feel.

Originally posted by juntsky View Post
                  I'm new to this thread but is that an F20? and if so why not a K series engine?
                  Most k series are fwd if my memory serves me correct. Also, the only k series with the same hp as the F series is the K23A1 I believe, which is also supercharged stock and would cost a lot more, plus the internals are not even close to the F platform. In my opinion for the size, weight, price, and abilities the F series is a prime choice for the 02 body. The 9,000 redline is what really grabbed me at first, but the engine is seriously amazing and I'm really happy I went with this over the other options.

Originally posted by softg View Post
                  in my opinion you're asking the wrong question, the question should be why not an f20?

keep up the great work heist

^ awesome, I had a similar reaction
                  thanks. I'm happy you both share the misery that a wiring loom like that creates.

Comment

• <3 you and this.
                    @DollaDollaDill

Comment

• Theres a number of S2000s running around with K swap engines. the tunability of any K series far surpasses the F20 and F22 which is why I asked. I know you're happy with the F20 but why not an F22? more power off the bat. A bit more reliable. Still has a high redline. I drive an AP2 so I'm just curious. not a bad engine by any means.

edit: just to throw it out there, compare gains on putting just an intake on a K20/24 vs an F20/F22 and you'll be shocked. b
                      Last edited by juntsky; 07-21-2013, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by juntsky View Post
                        Theres a number of S2000s running around with K swap engines. the tunability of any K series far surpasses the F20 and F22 which is why I asked. I know you're happy with the F20 but why not an F22? more power off the bat. A bit more reliable. Still has a high redline. I drive an AP2 so I'm just curious. not a bad engine by any means.

edit: just to throw it out there, compare gains on putting just an intake on a K20/24 vs an F20/F22 and you'll be shocked. b
                        ...well we can go on about this forever.. I could have for a fraction of the cost, put a small block in it, achieved a lot more power, a lot less effort in electronics, but that would have just been "average" in my mind.

The F22 does not have more power. The hp is identical to the f20, few more pounds of torque, but less rev.

I can imagine the K series being cheaper parts wise and overall structure, but it was not my goal. Without a proper tune I can't imagine gains on an intake being that great.

It's really simple every power plant has variations. For what I wanted out of my 02 the F20 was the perfect choice in my mind. I wanted something high rev, 4 cylinder, lower torque, and with some unique characteristics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heist View Post
                          Most k series are fwd if my memory serves me correct. Also, the only k series with the same hp as the F series is the K23A1 I believe, which is also supercharged stock and would cost a lot more, plus the internals are not even close to the F platform.
                          I'm going to step in here with a correction. Yes, the k series is a fwd engine but the k23a1 is turbocharged not supercharged. It is the stock engine in the RDX.

Also, plenty of s2k guys (non purists, of course) that are looking to pull more power na know full well that the f series is near its peak from the factory. The ones that want more, swap a k series in along with k pro for the better tuning potential and na power that can be achieved.
                          Sup. Call me Z.
                          My Accord "build".

Comment

• Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post
                            I'm going to step in here with a correction. Yes, the k series is a fwd engine but the k23a1 is turbocharged not supercharged. It is the stock engine in the RDX.

Also, plenty of s2k guys (non purists, of course) that are looking to pull more power na know full well that the f series is near its peak from the factory. The ones that want more, swap a k series in along with k pro for the better tuning potential and na power that can be achieved.
                            Thank you for the correct. I knew it was FI at least

I'm sure they do. The K series seems to have more potential from what I briefly checked out when I was looking for a power plant.

Comment

• What are you using to polish all that metal? The shine you get is incredible!
                              tumblr
                              flickr
                              instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post

I would argue that most people (around here at least) throw a JR supercharger on their S2000. I mean, almost every single one I've seen that's anything special has one.

Nevertheless, how cool would a FI F-series 2002 be? Yeah. Really cool.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

Working...
                                X