No announcement yet.

We can rebuild it. 91 Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiffing build chap, keep hoarding onwards!

Comment

Dude this thing is rad. Super work!
      Girls with tattoos make me happy.

Comment

Updates?
        Volkswagen Jetta, MKiii (Daily)
        BMW 320i, E21 (FOR SALE)

Comment

Looking good, a mkII is a good chassis to put lots of work into, I loved mine way back when.

Comment

Props for fixing it right! Good work!
            www.euroWinnipeg.com
            www.E30S38.com

Comment

Keeeeeep goinggggg. (thats what she said)
              "on our way back i hit a bump and both of the springs slip off of their seats and slashed both of my front tires."

-Dane M

If your not doing this, your doing it wrong.

Comment

Thanks guys.

This week seems like the weather will be around 10c. I might get out into the garage and start taking out the rear suspension and beam. Also might pick up some material for redoing the headliner.
                91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

Great build!!! I plan on getting a start on my 99 this week too with the warm weather. Where abouts in Canada are you? I'm Barrie, Ontario.

Anyways, keep up the good work!

Comment

Great build, keep up working.
                    KMK Fotografie

Comment

Originally posted by Salty J View Post
                      Great build!!! I plan on getting a start on my 99 this week too with the warm weather. Where abouts in Canada are you? I'm Barrie, Ontario.

Anyways, keep up the good work!
                      Waterdown, ON. It's right in between Burlington and Hamilton. Good luck with the Mk3 man there's a bunch of VW guys out there and I think AMI is still around not sure though. Post up your build sometime.

Comment

Wonderful build, great progress, looks wicked clean already.
                        4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Awesome build in progress man! I can't wait to see the final results.

Comment

Small update since it was nice out.
                            Instead of backtracking now I can better document the progress and be able to snap some more pics.

You can get an idea of the rear arches and how shitty they are.

Driver side

Passanger Side

The rear bumper cover and rebar I took off previously. Its still salvageable and still has two broken bolts stuck in it but I haven't decided yet if I am sticking with the big bumpers or getting small euro's.

The rear apron is mostly ok except for the towhook area.

The rear beam, drums seized, lower strut bolts seized.

The front beam bolts weren't as bad as I thought they would be but you still had to clean them off with a wirewheel and soak them in penetrating fluid. With some persuasion they finally came off. Rear strut tower bolts were no problem.

I had a good laugh at the springhats.

Here you can see the two shitty beam brackets that are held onto the body by 3 flanged 10mm bolts. Obviously they dont resemble a hex anymore so these also had to get wirewheeled and soaked. Some heat would really be nice to have at this point.

The last fucking bolt snapped clean. Its a nightmare when these break off because usually you have cut open the floor in the rear bench area and cut away the welded on threaded cap thats holding the broken bolt and weld in another one. I was able to add some weld to the snapped bolt. put a hex nut over it and fill the open nut with weld while it was still red hot I grabbed a wrench and twisted the pos out. thank god.

That thing at the end of the bracket used to be a proportioning valve.

Thats it for now, thanks for looking.

Comment

Love all the detail, can't wait for more
                              My '66 C10 Build
                              My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

More!!
                                Volkswagen Jetta, MKiii (Daily)
                                BMW 320i, E21 (FOR SALE)

Comment

Working...