No announcement yet.

We can rebuild it. 91 Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey dude, I live in Oakville (Highway 5 and Trafalgar) byt the Walmart/Superstore. Great work so far, and with this great weather we are getting, no excuses GET ON THIS!!! LOL

Comment

• this build is f**king awesome!
      My 2012 Fit sport build
      My EF sedan build
      LowMonroe:

Comment

• Dude WOW! You have some MAAAAD restorations skills.
        Thumbs up for dragging that car out of the kingdom of rust!
        E30 build

Comment

• this thing is going to be killer nice

Comment

• wow !! the titanic has less rust than this build .. but this is a true project ! hats off to u mate for doin wot uv done ! iv been building mine for the last 18month but once u see it start to unfold ul just keep goin & goin .... really looking forward to some more !!!

mine was an old barn find too but i turned her round

Comment

• excellent does not even begin to describe this work

http://www.mvip.com.au
              clicky^

Comment

• Originally posted by NeedingAnAudi View Post
                Bay looks tasty
                I had to throw in some contrast in the engine bay. Black Gooold.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWF-hH1nloo"]Datsun 10th Anniversary 280ZX Black Gold!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Originally posted by fresh.gen View Post
                Hey dude, I live in Oakville (Highway 5 and Trafalgar) byt the Walmart/Superstore. Great work so far, and with this great weather we are getting, no excuses GET ON THIS!!! LOL
                Not far at all, good to see other local enthusiasts. Weather is amazing, the problem is I work in Sarnia and do a little bit on the weekends or if I get some time off. I think I might take some vacation time to get some work done.

Originally posted by slowstefan View Post
                this build is f**king awesome!
                Thanks man, looking forward to seeing more of the ef.

Originally posted by MartinsElerts View Post
                Dude WOW! You have some MAAAAD restorations skills.
                Thumbs up for dragging that car out of the kingdom of rust!
                haha thanks, its been a good learning experience. Im not taking the project too seriously at this point. It's not going to be a show stopper but I think it will be reliable low daily that's fun to drive at the same time.

Originally posted by customkid88 View Post
                this thing is going to be killer nice
                lol at this point im going for presentable.

Originally posted by dandubber76 View Post
                wow !! the titanic has less rust than this build .. but this is a true project ! hats off to u mate for doin wot uv done ! iv been building mine for the last 18month but once u see it start to unfold ul just keep goin & goin .... really looking forward to some more !!!

mine was an old barn find too but i turned her round

Id say. That is an awesome example of a well sorted Mk2, really nice.
                I wish more people put some more time and effort into saving these older cars.

Originally posted by Marsss View Post
                excellent does not even begin to describe this work
                Much appreciated. Hope to have something new soon. Need to order some parts for the rear beam. I wish I was at the point of bolting stuff back on.
                91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

• beautiful work man
                  -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                  -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                  MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                  Got Drop??

Comment

• Did a bunch of wetsanding today. Its slowly coming together. Decided to take a break from all of that and have a look at the replacement hatch I picked up a while back.

If you've ever wondered how to take the rear or side windows out of a golf. Pry the seal away from the lip on the inside with your hand and then use your foot to apply pressure to a corner, once it pops out the rest comes out easy. Took the glass out and lip is in pretty good shape except for the bottom left corner. Couple other misc rust spots but overall im pretty happy with its condition. Planning to delete the wiper and spray nozzle as well tomorrow so should have more updates.

Comment

• lol others would get a somewhat ok replacemant hatch

keep it up man, still subbed to this
                      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
                        lol others would get a somewhat ok replacemant hatch

keep it up man, still subbed to this
                        Haha you should see the original one.
                        I should grab a pic of it once I remove the glass and toss the hatch out.

Comment

• i have

been following this since day one
                          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Just ran through this thread and I'm Highly Impressed! I wanna see what's going on with those BBS wheels. Lovin the work!
                            sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckdee View Post
                              Just ran through this thread and I'm Highly Impressed! I wanna see what's going on with those BBS wheels. Lovin the work!
                              Thanks dude. Planning on refinishing the BBS' at some point in the future but at the same time part of me wants to pick up a decent looking one piece wheel that will suit the car and be a little different than the common choices for mk2's.

Dicked around in the garage a bit today. I didn't feel like waiting for vw to order in bolts, checked a few places for thicker washers or other flange bolts, no luck. so I just made some flanges out of some stock for the rear beam brackets.

Got started on the hatch today as well. Was glad to use one piece to get it done with the two bends and the sweep in the corner. Will look a lot better smoothed out.

Comment

• Glad to see this still going forward! Good work so far!
                                My '66 C10 Build
                                My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Working...
                                X