X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So hot!
    sigpic

Comment

Hey i think the CCWs in the photoshop you just did are LM20s, not Classics. Classics have more concavity in the spokes and are a little 'bolder'. Just thought I'd mention that in case you were about to order the wrong one
      4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Looking sick bro

Sounding like a beaaast. How many power got under the hood?

Cheers

Comment

Replys.

Originally posted by Puma View Post
          Frankly, I really like what you have on there right now. That said, pushing both the mod and stance game is more than acceptable. Kudos to you, sir.
          Thanks Puma! I also like the set-up right now, but I feel it can still be improved upon. I know the body looks rough at the moment, but it'll all come together soon.

street

Originally posted by projektzwo View Post
          dope!
          Originally posted by dav3design View Post
          So hot!
          Thanks guys! Much appreciated!

street

Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
          Hey i think the CCWs in the photoshop you just did are LM20s, not Classics. Classics have more concavity in the spokes and are a little 'bolder'. Just thought I'd mention that in case you were about to order the wrong one
          Whoops!

Thanks Alec. I meant the LM20. Not ordering yet as I still have to configure the arrangement.

street

Originally posted by bekkazj View Post
          Looking sick bro

Sounding like a beaaast. How many power got under the hood?

Cheers
          Thanks Bekkazj! You're listening to 375 raging Italian horses!!

street
          form - function - stance

Comment

Stance Cont.

Back working on dialing in the fitment with the 18's today by spacing out the front another 7mm. It looks like I'm just about there with clearances within spec on look, turn in and suspension travel. A slight pull of the fender is all that would be needed.

street

form - function - stance

Comment

Very nice. It's all in the details
              91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

damn!... this is going to be sick... mad respect to you mister..

Comment

Replys.

Originally posted by renngolf View Post
                  Very nice. It's all in the details
                  Thanks Renngolf! Yeah, the details are all in there. Just in those front end shots - frenched headlamps, sectioned and custom fabricated fender, side view/blind spots cam ports, full under tray, custom rockers, bumpers and splitter from scratch, deleted side mirrors and markers, custom glass hood, flared fender to body tie-ins, custom fog ports and recessed to blended nose cone.

street

Originally posted by mahadeva81 View Post
                  damn!... this is going to be sick... mad respect to you mister..
                  Thanks Mahadeva! It's been a long road!

street
                  Last edited by street; 01-21-2011, 10:07 PM.
                  form - function - stance

Comment

Offset WHAT??!!

During the build, I narrowed the rear end differential tubes and had custom axles made. This was to allow for a lower offset without adding major flares. Now that I'm working with these 18's and they're high offset, look how many spacers I had to use just to figure out the final offset!!

A total of 78mm!!!

street

Last edited by street; 01-21-2011, 10:13 PM.
                    form - function - stance

Comment

• Rear Stance Cont.

I slotted in the 18 out back and after a bit of spacer juggling, I managed to get the rim within striking distance of it's outskirts. The inner fender has already been rolled, but I will need to pull the fender a bit now as the rim could use another 5-7mm spacing.

Here's the side with the 18 just outside the fender. I won't have any crazy rear camber on the Spider because these cars run a live axle. So all the camber will be via the front wheels only. However, with the body work, I've managed to visually create a very slight illusion of negative camber out back with the inner sweep exiting bumper line.
                      Compare this side...

With the left in 19 side.

street
                      form - function - stance

Comment

• Color Concept Draft

Paint is an upcoming stage and I've been trying on several color concepts. One is Grigio Telesto colored body with red faces and polished lips. Too tired now to do the Telesto, so the primer will have to do for now. With this color concept, the caliper color would have to change as well.

Other than that, I also like a medium grey face against a dark grey (graphite) body. Less contrast, but still visually effective.

street

Red face.

Grey face.
                        form - function - stance

Comment

• Rear Stance Cont.

Here's a quick rear PS sizing of the LM20. Rear has to come down another 3/4 inch to complete the stance.

street

18" used for determining offset.

PS of proper perspective and sized 18" LM20.

PS when lowered to spec.
                          form - function - stance

Comment

• Drool...

Grigio would be good. I would imagine white to look great too. I know you've gone through a ton of discussion on Alfabb about it though. I think I prefer the grey faces with the grigio body. Red is a bit too much contrast IMO. Great stuff!

sigpic
                            Chi va piano va sano e lontano...
                            • MINI is sold. Next project? • E28 Build Thread

Comment

• pls do the car red

Comment

• like the first pic of the lm20's better.
                                I would rather do the lm20's in 17 and get the stance in the first picture. "half tire tuck and poke + low on 17's" than "full tire tuck and poke + low on 18's"
                                -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                                Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Working...
                                X