This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider Update

Been really busy with work but it looks like I'll be in the clear very soon to get to the next stage - the exhaust. Just lining up times now with the shop and my main flat-bed. I tell ya, anytime I gotta move this car, is a logistical nightmare!!

I was at the shop a few days ago and showed them the gear. We discussed everything from fitting to drone and came up with a plan. He asked what the gear was going on and I showed him this pic on my cell. A huge grin lit up his face and he said, "Oh sh*t!! Now that's how you build an Alfa"!!

street

SANY0044 - Copy
    form - function - stance

Comment

• Jup, i want one.

Comment

• Cannot wait to see another video of this driving. Are the deflector things staying red? Ever considered making them chrome or silver? Sorry if you've already posted about this

Comment

• Replys.

Originally posted by jakkerd View Post
          Jup, i want one.
          Ha! Yeah, when a connec said he could get me one of South Africa's finest 3.7, I moved on it. 5 years later....still moving.

street

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
          Cannot wait to see another of this driving. Are the deflector things staying red? Ever considered making them chrome or silver? Sorry if you've already posted about this
          A few panels are mocks at the moment. I tried out both those colors prior. The problem with anything in the silver family, is that it visually raised the rear of the car by making that area look like uncovered space. Something I definitely don't want. It's red for now, but like a lot of design elements, anything could change.

street
          form - function - stance

Comment

• I finally locked down the next stage for the Spider for tomorrow regarding the exhaust. So as I was preparing the car today, I finished off the rear diffuser and "floating" slates. After a lot of thought to the color, I decided to go with a matte black for the testing phase. If after that I still think that color hits, I'll keep it.

I also sprayed down the exhaust tip in a high thermal black matte as well and slotted it into place.

Definitely adds more mean to the rear now that the floating slates are black.

Equally from above as well.

Stay tuned. More tomorrow.

street
            form - function - stance

Comment

• always stoked on your updates
              lurkin and murkin

Comment

• Dave Hester approves.

Comment

• Originally posted by street View Post
                  A few panels are mocks at the moment. I tried out both those colors prior. The problem with anything in the silver family, is that it visually raised the rear of the car by making that area look like uncovered space. Something I definitely don't want. It's red for now, but like a lot of design elements, anything could change.

street
                  Ha! That's how I felt about the red, sure you'll get it sussed. Car looks amazing as usual

Comment

• I love that rear end!
                    For more video/photo of cars from the Netherlands, go to MotorsportMedia.NL

Comment

• great rear end
                      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• is awesome! , Greetings from Spain

Comment

• Yes sir!!!

Sickest Alfa on this here mother earth, bar none!!!

Comment

• these are the bulids i dream of

Comment

• Replys.

Originally posted by MWyeS View Post
                              always stoked on your updates
                              Thanks MWyeS! No BS or idle chatter from mehere. It's all about getting the build pointed in the right direction.

street

Originally posted by DCJodon View Post

Dave Hester approves.
                              Thanks DCJodon....and Dave!

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
                              Ha! That's how I felt about the red, sure you'll get it sussed. Car looks amazing as usual
                              The red does it for me now and has been since implemented. For me it's that little flash of color that works well where placed.

street

Originally posted by AR145 View Post
                              I love that rear end!
                              Thanks AR145! That area has caused me so much pain and mental anguish to get right. So much that I should be Advil's spokesperson! At any rate, I continued to push on and finally put it over the top (for me) most recently with the floating the slates.

street

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                              great rear end
                              Thanks as always, P78!

street

Originally posted by Miguel mac View Post
                              is awesome! , Greetings from Spain
                              Thanks Miguel mac! Greetings from Toronto, Canada!

street

Originally posted by dubtruk36 View Post
                              Sickest Alfa on this here mother earth, bar none!!!
                              Thanks dubtruk36! That's HUGE props coming from the land where the heaviest horse-powered Alfas roam!! Big shout out to Dawie DeVilliers at Glenwood Motors in Pretoria. He built me one HELL of an engine!!

street

Originally posted by markshulikov View Post
                              these are the bulids i dream of
                              Thanks markshulikov! I just read this today, 'Goals are dreams with deadlines'. Oh so true and I could not of said it better myself. This build has been a dream of my since I was 6 or 7. And since then, I've held onto it very tight!!

street
                              form - function - stance

Comment

• Merry Exhaustmas To The Spider!!

This is how I would like to start everyday of my life - getting sh*t done. But this is the real world and such days are few are far between. But not today.

The arrival.

And with these days brings the oh, so constant reminder (like I even need one) of lowness!!

SANY0070

Guests of honor. The other cat is getting better acquainted.

SANY0080

Heads up. Mocking begins.

After a quick strategy session, we were ready.

Sealing up the cats. After which Joe repeatedly thanked me for removing the two belly pan panels prior to bring the car down. He told me someone in the past took 2 hours to remove their pan floor. Yikes!
                                SANY0086

Checking and re-checking the height of the tubing to stay above the Spider's belly pan floor brackets.

SANY0082

Tweaking our way through. All stainless steel stock with mandrel bends and expansion ends.

Triple teaming the Spider - (2) 3 inch SS tubing into one of their slick y-pipes for the single exhaust port.

More fine-tuning.
                                SANY0091

Joe gives his seal of approval!!

SANY0090

We went under the axle to maximize flow, throttle response and sound.
                                SANY0092

Got quite a bit of lens flare. Excuse the crappy shot.

While I was back there, it didn't take too long to notice the most recent scuffs from unloading! Poor slates. Their future is just marred with rushing asphalt and controlling the under-car airflow near a hot exhaust while being deafened by the muffler. Send your condolence
                                s.

Sniff-Sniff.

I had to step out and make a call at this time and while I was gone, they sprayed down the exhaust with some high-temp paint and lowered her down before i got back. So I was not able to get a shot of that. For those that don't know, here's an earlier mock of what was done as far as the muffler placement within the diffuser is concerned.

SANY0018

Anyway, we rolled her out as I waited for my flat to return. Here are some half decent shots outside under an even toned cloudy sky - something I've not had the chance to see for the past 8 months since the paint, CCW's and exterior tweaks were done.

Crouching POV.

Profile lines.

I will be blacking out the main panel within the bumper and trading the feature spotlight to the triangle with a simple silver surround. There is a weird shadow casting on the front. Ignore that.

Slightly higher angle to show wheel lips.

Just as I took that final shot, my flat showed up to take her back to the warehouse. Home-ward bound trying to beat the Friday rush hour traffic.

SANY0095

street
                                Last edited by street; 12-16-2011, 10:09 PM.
                                form - function - stance

Comment

Working...
                                X